Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a list of brands and prices really. We've all heard it a million times.

I live in London and there is not one sentence of this I can even slightly identify with.

I was thinking that when I read that shit. I get "lovely" bread from the Turkish shop for 60p-- a big-ass loaf.

Methinks I shall save up all the clippings from my garden, put it in a fancy box, call it " organic, heirloom greens" and sell it to fools like her for £20 a pop. Who in their right mind pays £15 for rabbit food?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Yes, I have - they're just the same as some comments on the Mail website, the "you go girl" sort of people, and sadly they all have a ring or truth about them - there are people for whom she is a role model ! :eek::

^^ Judging from the comments, some of LJ's fans appear to be in the throes of terrible divorces, eg:
    "Men. Hah! you can't live with 'em.... I'd take fur babies any day. You tell 'em, Liz!!"
    Maybe one day they'll be able to look back on this LJ phase and laugh. Or maybe not ;)

Word of warning... Liz may be about to get a surprise visit from a coach party of concerned admirers:

Who Would Be Up For Meeting Liz?
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    ^^ Judging from the comments, some of LJ's fans appear to be in the throes of terrible divorces, eg:
    "Men. Hah! you can't live with 'em.... I'd take fur babies any day. You tell 'em, Liz!!"
    Maybe one day they'll be able to look back on this LJ phase and laugh. Or maybe not ;)

Word of warning... Liz may be about to get a surprise visit from a coach party of concerned admirers:

Who Would Be Up For Meeting Liz?

Only 12 people?

They won't need a coach, a large people carrier would do. ;)
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would pay a serious amount of money just to see the look on Lizzie's face when she opens her door to find a busload of complete strangers on her doorstep. :D
  • Options
    astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And why on earth would any of you want to turn up on her door step?
    To be invited in for a skinny latte perhaps, or sniff around for proof of central heating, or a fridge , maybe do a pet check, possibly even demand to look at her bank statements.

Liz may be as mad as a brush, but you all seem to be totally obsessed by her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    astor wrote: »
    And why on earth would any of you want to turn up on her door step?
    To be invited in for a skinny latte perhaps, or sniff around for proof of central heating, or a fridge , maybe do a pet check, possibly even demand to look at her bank statements.

Liz may be as mad as a brush, but you all seem to be totally obsessed by her.

It's just a game. But now that you have mentioned it, it would be incredibly amusing to go round with a clip board ticking off 'fridge' and 'central heating'. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're giving me ideas... :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest installment, complete with 'cliffhanger' ending.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1278167/In-I-fail-prevent-disaster.html

However, any theoretical tension is somewhat dispelled by this photo - http://anmblog.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c565553ef0133ed3f2433970b-pi - from a blog dated May 5th.

Either her memory is as bad as her hearing, or the diary and said blog are written by two different people.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all made up by a load of sub-writers just the same as the tosh allegedly written by Coleen McLoughlin-Rooney, Alex Curran-Gerrard and all the others of that ilk.

It's a Second Life Avatar I think :rolleyes:
  • Options
    aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1278167/In-I-fail-prevent-disaster.html

However, any theoretical tension is somewhat dispelled by this photo - http://anmblog.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c565553ef0133ed3f2433970b-pi - from a blog dated May 5th.

Either her memory is as bad as her hearing, or the diary and said blog are written by two different people.

I don't believe a word of it - again . I was wondering what she was going to do with all her animals when she moves back to London - kill them off one by one it seems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Awww. She can't afford to eat. Can't she eat one of the horses?
  • Options
    MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Why doesn't she just get rid of Lizzie the racehorse. The creature seems bad tempered and after all it's Lizzies fault that Liz moved to Exmoor and now she's gone and killed Michael.

Maybe over the next few weeks we'll see Lizzie quietly kill off the whole zoo by slipping poison in the chickens feed and overdosing the cats on catnip......that there horse is evil I tell ya!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minette wrote: »
    it's Lizzies fault that Liz moved to Exmoor and now she's gone and killed Michael.

...or did she? . As LJ's 'new boyfriend', life for Michael must have been a bit heavy going at times..... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I've just read an article on her in this weeks Grazia magazine and It's showcasing her house.I'm sorry but her house does not look like the ramshackle home that I had imagined,It looks lovely.I haven't a clue what planet she lives on,maybe me me planet but saying that, I have just read her column in the Mail on Sunday today and It is quite sad.I'm just hoping Michael(one of her dogs)is not dead!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...or did she? . As LJ's 'new boyfriend', life for Michael must have been a bit heavy going at times..... ;)

Oh dear. That is just wrong.

:D at the Times's sceptical,
    When she was officially 40, she married an ambitious younger journalist of 26.
  • Options
    aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1278757/LIZ-JONES-To-4-100-answered-heart--thank-you.html

"So as not to throw a dozen or so people out of work. Disillusioned with humanity, I had started to rescue more animals, a compulsion that has also contributed to my financial demise.
    I sat down at my computer. There were 4,100 new emails in my inbox.

I opened the first. ‘Liz, I have a two-bedroom flat in Kennington you’re welcome to share.’ The next read: ‘As we’re pensioners we’d be unable to solve your long-term problem but can send some money towards food and petrol. Patrick and Rita.’

And: ‘I’ve sent £20. Please don’t return it – I wanted to show you not all people are greedy. I’d like you to enjoy a bottle of wine, and battle on! Ann.’

And: ‘I developed breast cancer triggered by stress and depression due to money worries. Thank God I beat it eventually. A concerned reader.’

And: ‘I work part-time at the Spar in Littleborough, Rochdale, and only get £46 a week but I’ve just bought you a Euro lotto ticket for this Friday. Kenneth.’

And: ‘I can let you have some money for food, and I do not want it back!!! I too have been without food, electric, hope! I’m a 63-year-old widow. I wish I could help more. Maria.’

And: ‘I could do you a food parcel. It would be more Sainsbury’s than Harrods, but you could pick it up as you pass on the M4. David.’

And: ‘I’ve got a lovely flat in Shrewsbury. Would you like it for free, for a break? Karen.’

‘Let me pay for the animals for a year. I want nothing in return.’ ‘Liz, I’ll send you £1,000 for the animals, as long as you don’t print my name.’ "

She says she is giving all donated money to an animal charity - but that's not why people sent it - if of course any of this is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh. If it's all true, people have been incredibly kind (as they so often are). But really, do these people know that they are sending their tiny savings to someone who flies from spa to beach resort, and never buys anything reduced because "I don't like it"?
    When you have no money, people assume it’s because you’re lazy, or profligate.

Well in your case Liz, absolutely. Look up 'profligate' in the dictionary and is says "see Liz Jones". One minute she is boasting that she uses £20 a bottle shampoo on the dog, the next she is saying she can't afford to eat. It's a shame really that these lovely people can't be persuaded to turn their attention to people who, through no fault of their own, really do suffer from poverty.

Edit: it would be nice if Jones actually did suffer from a certain amount of shame over what she has done here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I might Hurl!

Honestly, I felt the vomit start to rise as I was reading that drivel. Talk about a bargain-shop potboiler.
    Didn't that kind of melodramatic clap-trap go out inthe 90's??

Self pitying, indulgent twaddle with an incredibly limited sell-by date and market!

You should have stayed as editor of a pointless 'fashion magazine'. There at least you would have been among fellow vacuuous parasites.

Oh, I forgot. You were fired!

Guess they couldn't stand you either......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If it's true people are sending her money then :eek: just :eek:.

She took on a huge mortgage and has spent madly both in the past and now, looked down her nose at people who wore ordinary clothes and lead happy normal lives not clad in Alberta Ferrati (is that how it's spelt? I don't know because I shop at Primark), treats certain sections of society with huge contempt and yet people are willing to try and bail her out (probably because a few fluffy animals are involved).

Also, I don't pretend to understand anorexia but does one suddenly become 'cured' like she seems to have. Now she is concerned she hasn't got enough to eat and is worried she is barely 8 stone. I'm not being nasty here I am genuinely interested. I would have thought the lack of food and shrinking weight would have pleased her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where to begin... well, straight off, the first sentence - as we know, she didn't write anything in You last Sunday: it was written back in early April and published last week.

4,100 emails ??? Let's see, assuming she read them all (and of course she would - La Jones is so caring...) at, say 30 seconds each, that's close to a day and a half's reading time. Non-stop ! And that's not counting download time...

There is no Spar shop in Littleborough, Rochdale. The closest one is over a mile down the road in Great Howarth (should anyone care to call and ask for Kenneth, the number is 01706 379349).

As for the messages... well, as Oscar Wilde famously quipped, “one must have a heart of stone to read the death of Little Nell without laughing.” I wonder what the general tone of the other 4,083 were ?

The comments are, once again, mostly negative (and interestingly, the MoS are letting them through...).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Dogg wrote: »
    Talk about a bargain-shop potboiler.
    Didn't that kind of melodramatic clap-trap go out inthe 90's??

Actually... I really can't wait for next week !

Don't worry, I've not gone all soft (but any loose change or offers of rent-free accommodation will be gratefully recieved, and used, not donated to animal charities...), I just want to see how she handles the small problem of the dog being pictured in perfect health some three weeks after being kicked by a horse at full gallop. In reality, there'd be brains all over the field.

Oh, and on a natural history note, this - "I made sure not to step on any of the toad spawn that litters the grass like Swarovski crystals" - is complete tosh. Toads spawn in water, not on land, and the eggs form strings, not a mass like frogs.
  • Options
    NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Sigh. If it's all true, people have been incredibly kind (as they so often are). But really, do these people know that they are sending their tiny savings to someone who flies from spa to beach resort, and never buys anything reduced because "I don't like it"?

Well in your case Liz, absolutely. Look up 'profligate' in the dictionary and is says "see Liz Jones". One minute she is boasting that she uses £20 a bottle shampoo on the dog, the next she is saying she can't afford to eat. It's a shame really that these lovely people can't be persuaded to turn their attention to people who, through no fault of their own, really do suffer from poverty.

Edit: it would be nice if Jones actually did suffer from a certain amount of shame over what she has done here.

Completely agree - And based on my own personal circumstances and those of many other ordinary people, would add those who, through no fault of their own, are going through a rough patch due to losing their jobs and/or a serious downgrade in health and cant get the help people automatically assume is there for them.

I was left absolutely incandescent with rage when I read that article this morning online. I can't believe she actually has the brass bollocks to publish that rubbish. This woman does not deserve the outpouring of misguided sympathy and financial help from people who should know better. If she wants to put the money to good use - donate it to a charity or a few that actually helps people in genuine need of financial or housing assistance. She certainly isn't one of them herself! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    just assuming the article in todays mos is true liz should be ashamed of herself.those people who have sent her money and offers are the same sort of 'old dears'and parents she slags of every week.they can probaly ill afford it and imagine they are helping a destitute person out. either liz is a made up editors blog,or if not she is a spoilt bitch going to top hotels spas and sking holidays and dosent need their kindness, no wonder she is giving it back it amounts to fraud
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent point Mines a Vodka if La Jones was financially stable she would be sneering at their clothes, their decor, their accents, the fact they have partners or loving families, the fact they don't shop at the right shops........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. That is just wrong.
    Probably :)

But imho, some dark humour* isn't entirely amiss when discussing a person who has shamelessly manipulated & upset others with an article expressing (false?) suicidal intentions.
    I thought that last Sunday's diary piece was horrible, but eventually agreed that the readers were being 'had' (yet again).

As for the donations, the most generous of people are often the ones who can afford it least.

Send the money back, Liz.

*I was thinking of the suicidal fur babies in the spoof 'Eejit Jones' article, previously posted on this thread.;)
This discussion has been closed.