Options

Arrow Season 3 - US Pace - Spoilers tagged

Comments

• Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, there's this girl who actually thinks Arrow killing off women is an agenda, especially against LGBT with their killing of Sara.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Ugh, there's this girl who actually thinks Arrow killing off women is an agenda, especially against LGBT with their killing of Sara.

I'd expect nothing less <this is where we need the yawn icon>. Some people only see what they want to see, which is especially true for internet victim-****.
  • Options
    R82n8R82n8 Posts: 3,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another solid episode, more questions asked than answered.

"Thanks Dad."
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    DO NOT read the spoiler if you haven't seen the episode yet.

Right up until that moment, I was thinking that I wouldn't bother with this season, because it was more of the same twaddle. But then they did what they did, and that cheered me up. So I'll give it a go for the time being, in the hope of more of what I like about the show, and far, far, less of what I don't.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    So its not impossible that in this show's universe he could end up with Felicity Smoak.

Yes, but not end up, just get on with it. Already getting tired of the 'I cannot love because it would put you in danger' line. FX Yawn Already, there's an irritating parallel in Flash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great episode yet again but I wonder who Sara's killer could have been because I doubt the LOA would have killed her so there must be another villain lurking around. At least the theory of it being Thea or Malcolm was quashed and it was cool to see her being a bit of a badass and looking extra hot doing so.
    I loved the Flash reference from Felicity when talking to Roy at the beginning as well, "Do you know how hard it is to ping a clone off a hacked transband multiplex?" Classic!
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Amell has this annoying habit when talking to another character; he stares off to one side slightly and only looks at the person's face when he's finished his sentence (or on the last word).
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen Amell has this annoying habit when talking to another character; he stares off to one side slightly and only looks at the person's face when he's finished his sentence (or on the last word).

Maybe Barrowman's doing something off screen :D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    At least the theory of it being Thea or Malcolm was quashed and it was cool to see her being a bit of a badass and looking extra hot doing so.
    How was it quashed showing that Thea can now fight shows even more it could be her.

If anything what is now making me disbelieve it is that they are trying to make it to obvious.

It was still someone she trusted and with Sarah I think you could count the number of people she trusted on one hand (maybe two hands)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was it quashed showing that Thea can now fight shows even more it could be her.

If anything what is now making me disbelieve it is that they are trying to make it to obvious.

It was still someone she trusted and with Sarah I think you could count the number of people she trusted on one hand (maybe two hands)

They are in Corto Maltese training, I doubt they would have flown all the way up to Starling City and back in less than 24 hours just to kill Sara and then go back to training. For me that is definitive proof that neither of them did it.

It wasn't necessarily someone she trusted, just someone she was shocked at seeing and who she had no reason to believe would kill her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They are in Corto Maltese training, I doubt they would have flown all the way up to Starling City and back in less than 24 hours just to kill Sara and then go back to training. For me that is definitive proof that neither of them did it.

It wasn't necessarily someone she trusted, just someone she was shocked at seeing and who she had no reason to believe would kill her.

It was more than 24 hours when Arrow and Laurel took down Lacroix they said Sarah was killed 2 days before and Thea training appears to be the day after that so it was at least 72 hours.

I would say trusting means not killing her in the world she moves you are either a freind or a enemy whoever killed her she thought of as on her side at least .

As I said though I think they put that training scene in to make us think it was Thea so now I'm not as sure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could Tommy be alive as why bring him back up now and if so could he be the killer
    In the comics Tommy is The Dark Archer one of Arrows main Villains?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more than 24 hours when Arrow and Laurel took down Lacroix they said Sarah was killed 2 days before and Thea training appears to be the day after that so it was at least 72 hours.

I would say trusting means not killing her in the world she moves you are either a freind or a enemy whoever killed her she thought of as on her side at least .

As I said though I think they put that training scene in to make us think it was Thea so now I'm not as sure

I must have missed it when they said 2 days ago, I thought it was just the night before.
    Could Tommy be alive as why bring him back up now and if so could he be the killer

That is actually a plausible theory. Maybe somehow he was secreted off to be healed, Sara knew about it and she thought he was still in recovery.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I knew it, now Thea is a Power Ranger too:(

Bit bummed with that episode, everyone felt oddly distant, regardless that they were all supposed to be weeping and tearing their hair out over Sara and honestly, Diggle naming his daughter after her? Whut?
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    A great episode yet again but I wonder who Sara's killer could have been because I doubt the LOA would have killed her so there must be another villain lurking around.
    See, at first, I, alike you didn't think it would be anyone from the league, I thought (as it was mentioned here) that Komodo was the suspect, but then as the episode progressed, it became clear he wasn't the suspect.

Thinking back to the scene, Sara knew her attacker, and was surprised to see him. Furthermore, Ra has been cast as a villain for this series. I'm now pondering whether, for current reasons unknown, it was Ra that turned up and killed Sara. Maybe she was too close to Ollie? Maybe she disobeyed orders? Heck, maybe there's another reason, but taking into account Sara knowing her would be killer, and her shock at his being there, I'm thinking Ra right about now.

Ollie's going to have his work cut out though if he's going up against Ra.
    Oddly, I never noticed that until you said it, and I can now see him doing it all the time.
    Why trusted? If my theory (as above) is true, then the word of trust may be out of place. I doubt (hypothetically at the moment) she had any reason to trust Ra, but she did know him (obviously).

Either way, I think we should all be safe in concluding that the assassin wasn't Thea. I don't think (after what is five/six months) she'd willingly kill Ollie's ex girlfriend.
    Could Tommy be alive as why bring him back up now and if so could he be the killer.
    I think the reason for Tommy's appearance (as brief as it was) was to link his reunion with a past friend, to his loss of a current. That and to further extend his Hong Kong story. One would think though that Tommy (when alive) might have said to Ollie "I once flew out to Hong Kong for you." But nope... :p

Oh, and I doubt he'll be back. I'm pretty sure he literally died in Ollie's arms, and had a funeral. Speaking on the dead currently though, a colleague at work mentioned this, but does Ra have a pool (of an unknown substance) that can restore life? If so, and if they do bring such into the show, then there is potential (granted small) for Tommy/Sara to reappear.

I wish they'd have killed off Laurel and kept Sara...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flash525 wrote: »

Oh, and I doubt he'll be back. I'm pretty sure he literally died in Ollie's arms, and had a funeral. Speaking on the dead currently though, a colleague at work mentioned this, but does Ra have a pool (of an unknown substance) that can restore life? If so, and if they do bring such into the show, then there is potential (granted small) for Tommy/Sara to reappear.

I wish they'd have killed off Laurel and kept Sara...

Lazarus Pit yes it can bring the dead back to life
    I still think Tommy could be back I was shocked the killed him in the first place it's not like it was a 3rd or even secondary villain he can be considered Arrow's main enemy it would be like killing of Joker in series one of a Batman show or killing Lex in series one of Smallville

And now given Flash ect someone coming back from the dead is not to unbelievable
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member

Is that really annoying? I've been told I do it :blush:

Good episode. Not great. The show needs to stop having Ollie catch DC characters at the first attempt. We need some decent recurring villains outside of the main seasonal threat.

Laurel going straight to the window after that guy was shot, plus Oliver taking down that guy who was attempting the worst escape ever were both pretty funny. Not sure they were supposed to be.....
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did wonder what was going through Laurel's head when the guy in the hospital got shot.

Perhaps "Oh look - that man has just been shot through the window by an arrow. I'll just walk up to the window and stare out of the hole, instead of getting to safety, or at least *away* and in cover".

Although more likely the usual "____________________________________"
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Laurel going straight to the window after that guy was shot, plus Oliver taking down that guy who was attempting the worst escape ever were both pretty funny. Not sure they were supposed to be.....
    Speaking of Ollie taking out villains, when he (and Roy) were fighting Komodo, Komodo jumps out of a window and Ollie follows. Roy runs up to the window ... and doesn't follow. What's that all about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Speaking of Ollie taking out villains, when he (and Roy) were fighting Komodo, Komodo jumps out of a window and Ollie follows. Roy runs up to the window ... and doesn't follow. What's that all about?

He probably didn't have the necessary equipment to follow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laurel: "It's so unfair. Why can't Sara have a proper funeral? :( "

Well, Laurel, perhaps you should have told your father, then her burial wouldn't need to have been kept secret.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

Well, Laurel, perhaps you should have told your father, then her burial wouldn't need to have been kept secret.

I am not sure they could I do not know if she was ever officially resurrected like Oliver after dying on the gambit, I would doubt it her being an assassin and all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »

To be fair then she would have to book two

Laurel> Hello can I please make arrangements for my sisters funeral (Quentin walks in the room hears has heart attack) er better make that two funerals.
    Do you do deals for double bookings
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TWS wrote: »
    I am not sure they could I do not know if she was ever officially resurrected like Oliver after dying on the gambit, I would doubt it her being an assassin and all

That's a point or wouldn't her grave/headstone have being taken down I still think in the eyes of the world she was already dead which also means even if Quentin knew he couldn't arrest someone for killing someone who has been dead for 7 years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, good points! I forgot she was already officially dead, oops.