New Software

Hi. Just noticed my BTV doing a software update. I wasn't aware there was one due - have I missed something. Can't see any changes from a quick look. Now on version 1.2.14666.601. Anybody know what it does?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    There are a few on the BT forum reporting the same, http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=8355&tstart=0
    support don't seem to know anything about it either.
  • stuntmasterstuntmaster Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    fraggle35 wrote: »
    There are a few on the BT forum reporting the same, http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=8355&tstart=0
    support don't seem to know anything about it either.

from that forum it seems to be either:

a downgrade due to an unforseen problem with 651.

or an upgrade glitch and the wrong software was loaded so we all get downgraded to 601.

odd...
  • red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just happend to me. l was on .651, but am now on 1.2.1.4666.601

not sure what the beginning numbers are on the .651 so is this a downgrade or an upgrade?
    Forum Member
    red_g00ner wrote: »
    just happend to me. l was on .651, but am now on 1.2.1.4666.601

not sure what the beginning numbers are on the .651 so is this a downgrade or an upgrade?

From 1.2.14642.651 to 1.2.14666.601.

so looks like an upgrade until the site says:

1.2.14666.651 is the latest so the numbers are the same except 666.651 is down to 666.601.
  • red_g00nerred_g00ner Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    have a look here. l think this is some sort of downgrade

http://www.beta.bt.com/bta/forums/ann.jspa?annID=131

Possible versions should be:

D7G - 1.2.14666.651 - should be the latest version
    D7F - 1.2.14642.556
    ??? - 1.2.14642.551

so WTF is 1.2.14666.601
  • wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine has changed to 601 too. According to the BT Forums this is a valid software update and they will be releasing details tomorrow. So we'll just have to wait until then to find out whats going on.
  • foxkillafoxkilla Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    wwwebber wrote: »
    Mine has changed to 601 too. According to the BT Forums this is a valid software update and they will be releasing details tomorrow. So we'll just have to wait until then to find out whats going on.

version 601 is the non-nagra version, for non subscribers of setanta
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxkilla wrote: »

So, everyone is getting an update like this :-

Setanta subscribers :-
    1.2.14663.651 to 1.2.14666.651

Non Setanta subscribers :-
    1.2.14663.651 to 1.2.14666.601

Everyone is getting an update so there's more to it than just the Setanta stuff ?????.
    Forum Member
    foxkilla wrote: »

maybe thats to stop you using a seperate setanta sub, like from a tutv box or normal. making you have to go through bt vision. only the viewing cards are vision branded....
  • AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or may be less software = better performance ?

Terran
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Oh Man, i was just thinking how reliable the service was again.
    Oh well it was good while it lasted :cry:

Hope i am being to cynical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing forthcoming on the BT forums yet and all we have is a nugget from foxkilla.

If I remember rightly, the last time around we all got emails telling us about an impending software update, what it does etc etc. It seems that BT have taken a backwards here :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been an update to the BT Vsison Forum. As expected, it is all to do with dual certification of Setanta; once via the card, the other via the Vbox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sirpipe wrote: »
    There has been an update to the BT Vsison Forum. As expected, it is all to do with dual certification of Setanta; once via the card, the other via the Vbox.

Yeah seen that now - nothing to get excited about at all really :rolleyes:

I suppose it means that those who were getting Setanta free (for whatever reason) will now be cut off as the slot itself is being disabled. Also, as has already been mentioned - if you want Setanta you've got to subscribe through BTV to watch it on the Vbox.
  • cidermanciderman Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    On BT Beta forum:

Dual Certification
    After consultation with Setanta we have been asked to move to a 'dual certification' method, where both the VBox and the Viewing Card need to be enabled for the card to work. The two client versions are fundamentally the same and both contain all the recent updates mentioned in the announcement.

Version .601
    This client has had the Nagra decoding software removed, thereby disabling the viewing card slot.

Version .651
    This client includes the Nagra decoding software, making the viewing card slot active.

We are in the process of identifying which customers have an active Setanta subscription - either as part of a combination viewing pack, or as a stand-alone pack. Those customers without an active subscription will receive an update to the VBox to install client version .601, customers with an active subscription will remain on version .651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also :-

"work continues on other improvements and new features but this time it is only the Nagra software that is affected"
  • DeanDSDeanDS Posts: 1,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only concern with this is if I want to reactivate my card to enable me to watch,say, some boxing on Setanta, how long will it take to change the software on my box? I guess in theory it should be very quick, but will that be the reality?
  • AyceAyce Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DeanDS wrote: »
    My only concern with this is if I want to reactivate my card to enable me to watch,say, some boxing on Setanta, how long will it take to change the software on my box? I guess in theory it should be very quick, but will that be the reality?
    Intresting... but I guess they can force an update to a specific mac.

Terran
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    New update is not good. Record light now on continuously, a number of recordings I've made display as "this program has been interrupeted to allow recording" etc when I try to play them back, and occasionally I have the "press red button" displayed incorrectly 3 times across the screen, and it doesn't go away when I put vision box into standby. Seems to be having real problems with it.
    Forum Member
    ciderman wrote: »
    On BT Beta forum:

Dual Certification
    After consultation with Setanta we have been asked to move to a 'dual certification' method, where both the VBox and the Viewing Card need to be enabled for the card to work. The two client versions are fundamentally the same and both contain all the recent updates mentioned in the announcement.

Version .601
    This client has had the Nagra decoding software removed, thereby disabling the viewing card slot.

Version .651
    This client includes the Nagra decoding software, making the viewing card slot active.

We are in the process of identifying which customers have an active Setanta subscription - either as part of a combination viewing pack, or as a stand-alone pack. Those customers without an active subscription will receive an update to the VBox to install client version .601, customers with an active subscription will remain on version .651

just as i thought, stops people who get the free setanta seilling off the card for excess money, and stops external sourced setanta cards being used.