The Bill Spoilers (merged) (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    The Bill seems to be continuing its recent good form with this 'Polish' two parter thats just finished !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    im liking max at the moment... stewart (i think its him) annoyed me throughout the polish episodes. liking the continuity with polish max as well.
  • greygrey Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    Loving Eddie at the moment. It's good to have some light relief
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the polish eps yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing Max again when I do get around to them.

Tbh although he's been here for ages now, I still don't really feel that we know much about him.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that about most of the characters that have arrived in the last year - we don't see enough of them to know them - they may be in one episode then disappear for two months
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I think that about most of the characters that have arrived in the last year - we don't see enough of them to know them - they may be in one episode then disappear for two months

Agreed. I really like the character of Stevie Moss (? Lucy Speed) when she's onscreen. But untill I saw her in last nights trailer for next weeks episodes I'd forgotten she was in the show !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh - she was last seen in the xmas episodes wasn't she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stevie may not be in it much, but I still sort of feel like I know all about her, because when we do see her, we see her personality shine through. Like when Smithy was undercover, and during Too Hot to Handle.

But there's something different about Max. He seems quite private to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeh Max doesn't give much away
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    I can only imagine one of the reasons why we've not seen Stevie much is because at the time of the filming of the current batch of episodes, she was probably filming the "Too Hot To Handle" three-parter which apparently took four (!) months to film.

I think she's one of the show's best characters, and needs to be used more. We more women like her with personalities!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 months :eek:

Seems like a lot of work for just three episodes.
    Forum Member
    ^ I can't imagine it was continuous filming for that length of time, but more like on and off over four months. But you never know with The Bill...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 months :eek: wow!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just saw a trailer for Desperate Housewives, and Zain's in one ep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riMadEB6X1g&feature=related if anyone's interested

He left TB to go work in the USA but this is the first thing I've seen him in since lol. The accents good though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Thanks for that - well done to him though - DH is a big show over there
    Forum Member
    He also had a guest spot in Boston Legal.

The accent is hilariously bad, but I guess that's the point, lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant good in a funny way lol not in a talented way :p

Maybe this will lead onto bigger and better things for him... I doubt it though lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You never know!
    Forum Member
    emma172 wrote: »
    I meant good in a funny way lol not in a talented way :p

Maybe this will lead onto bigger and better things for him... I doubt it though lol.

Doing guest spots like this helps build his profile, if nothing else, but the problem is there are so many actors in America that it's going to be difficult for him to break into the TV industry in a big way. It might happen for him, and I really hope it does, but it's going to be difficult.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITV1’s hit police drama, The Bill, examines life in an inner-city London school when PC Nate Roberts (Ben Richards) is reluctantly appointed School’s Safety Officer at Deansgate Comprehensive. Nate soon clashes with teacher, Becky (Naomi James) over how differently they deal with the various issues presented by the pupils. However, they are forced together when they realise they have to work as a team.

“We were keen to look in more detail at the pressures that exist within modern schools - not just for the police, but for teachers, parents and the pupils themselves,” said Tim Key, series producer. “This story allows us to spend time exploring those pressures, but also celebrating the dedication and talent of those working within the education system. It's a sympathetic look at what it is to be a teenager, and it's also a steep learning curve for Nate in particular, as he finds himself challenged both professionally and personally.”

The dramatic special episodes, airing in April, kick off when Becky’s classroom is set alight and the Sun Hill officers are called to investigate the case. The day soon takes a shocking turn for the worse when Sergeant Smithy (Alex Walkinshaw) is viciously stabbed during a chase and Nate is driven to discover the truth behind the arson and to put Smithy’s attacker behind bars. The hour-long episodes will also deal with other issues that arise at the school including: drug abuse, problem families, bullying, illness and physical and mental abuse.

http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/Pressreleases/Programmepressreleases/GettinganeducationTheBillinvestigateslifeinaninnercityschool/default.html

i think these episodes when they aire will be brilliant, i think Nate is a great character
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Smithy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( SMITHY? STABBED? nooooo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Bill is BY FAR the most entertaining soap/drama at the moment. I consistently find myself enjoying the show, and the fact that sometimes the plotlines can be similar in style does not matter, its more the way they are done, and the actual acting that helps.

The fact that a lot of new stars are coming through is also good.

Who needs the others when you have The Bill?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Poor Smithy!

lets hope he lives

smithy is one of the best on the bill
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Am i the only one missing Sargeant Stone? :(