Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steven Moffat has said that there will be more deaths in the upcoming series and that there are “dark times ahead.”

Speaking in the new issue of DWM he says: “It’s a bizarre thing that I always find myself accused of killing off characters, and I think, ‘What on Earth are you talking about? I don’t kill nearly enough people in my fiction!’

He adds: “I’m aware that I have a sentimental tendency to whack people back on their feet again – you can have several deaths in one lifetime, apparently – and I’m aware that that’s a weakness, so I thought in our new, scary universe we’d make sure we off some people, and that would make it more exciting and more visceral. The word I keep using is ‘visceral’.

“For our new Doctor, there are dark times ahead.”

Thank you, Steven.
  • Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I note that Saturday's episode has a character called Inspector Gregson. Is this supposed to be Tobias Gregson, who featured in some of the original Sherlock Holmes stories?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dogmatix wrote: »
    I note that Saturday's episode has a character called Inspector Gregson. Is this supposed to be Tobias Gregson, who featured in some of the original Sherlock Holmes stories?

Possibly.

He's already featured in a minisode.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was the wrong kind of laughter in the Edinburgh filmhouse screening of deep breath, during the final scene.

Kinda concerned about mainstream response to the plot arc now- I still think Deep Breath is 10/10 though
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    There was the wrong kind of laughter in the Edinburgh filmhouse screening of deep breath, during the final scene.

Kinda concerned about mainstream response to the plot arc now- I still think Deep Breath is 10/10 though

Oh god, this has me worried now :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »

It is really not enough to go by. Cardiff oooo'd at the mystery and laughed at the funny.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »

What do you mean?

I do think some people will hate the main plot arc and won't like this Doctor. I remember the complaints from some when 11 was shown to fire a gun in the Angel's episodes! I know from chatting to people that many aren't enthused by the idea of a darker Doctor and it's not what they watch it for. On the other hand I'm sure there are people who will prefer this to the type of lead we've had with 10 and 11 particularly. It's simply a matter of personal preference and that's fair enough.

I do agree that they're taking a risk though if they're going as serious with this questionable Doctor as has been suggested. There will definitely be some controversy in Deep Breath with
    the Doctor abandoning Clara and putting her in danger/fear for her life for the sake of his plans (11 NEVER would have done that to her) and the implication that he killed that guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    It is really not enough to go by. Cardiff oooo'd at the mystery and laughed at the funny.

Good! Whilst I am a little worried about this series, I'm extremely excited. I really do think that if they deliver well on some of the concepts of these stories, it'll be hard to fault this series.

Also, TIme Heist has now leaked. Listen, however, has not.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dunno maybe I was being over the top. DB is beautiful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    A friend just pointed out that info there but it included more.

There was also a question about whether the Doctor was basically the big bad of the series and they said yes. I do suspect that the people the Doctor kills or allows to die are going to Missy and he'll realise his actions are the cause of the problems in the finale.

Essentially we're getting a Doctor who kills people because he's not trying to think of an alternative as his predecessors would have. Remember 9 had the choice to wipe out the Daleks but it would've meant killing innocent people too - clearly this is not that man any more!

It's one of those things I think could prove controversial. There were a lot of complaints from fans when 11 seemed to be firing a gun in the Angels two parter! I can see why Clara decides to leave him now and I suspect the underlying story of the season is she's right - he's NOT a good man any more and needs fixing.

I have a funny feeling you're right, but no offence, I really don't want you to be. It does sound like a cool idea but I think the show delving into what death is and isn't could be a bad move. It's something I think should be left a mystery in the show.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »

Oh great, love an Oooooo'd
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listen has leaked apparently.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Listen has leaked apparently.

Time Heist leaked the other day too, which means The Caretaker probably will as well now.
  • Options
    dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Time Heist leaked the other day too, which means The Caretaker probably will as well now.

So long as we keep it dark, don't go on about it much, then hopefully in the wider media these leaks will pass by unreported :)
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once the shows have aired, which wont be long now, it wont matter about leaked content being around!
    In fact I can see some people comparing the leaked content with the final show that's aired, to see if there are actually any differences between them.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot, simply cannot let this one go by...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28892903
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DOCTOR WHO Exclusive Inside Look at Ep 1 DEEP BRE…: http://youtu.be/_QC8_Q4v3eo
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    DOCTOR WHO Exclusive Inside Look at Ep 1 DEEP BRE…: http://youtu.be/_QC8_Q4v3eo

its been on red button and will be again this week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airborae wrote: »
    I cannot, simply cannot let this one go by...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-28892903

I'm particularly pleased that the light is operated by a "motion sensor".
  • Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vopiscus wrote: »
    I'm particularly pleased that the light is operated by a "motion sensor".

It took a couple of seconds, but then the (possibly) unintentionally funny use of the word "motion" sank in... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    It took a couple of seconds, but then the (possibly) unintentionally funny use of the word "motion" sank in... :)

It's too early in the morning for 'crap' jokes! :D
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    DWM have a preview for the first four episodes. The one for Listen is particularly interesting.

I think Listen is great.

I also think that some people are going to HATE it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's pretty neat that we haven't seen any footage from the second half of the series - bar these filming pics from BBCA. The new writers, 12's supposed turning point & Moffat's "uncluttered new approach" are being kept under wraps.

Series 5, 6 & 7 all included material right up to their finales in promotional material.
This discussion has been closed.