Options

Harry Styles Bisexual?

JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
Forum Member
Just when we thought that the most important thing we would hear all year was Harry's "Not that important" comment about the gender of his significant others, he has gone and added even more fuel to the rumours surrounding his sexuality.

In a new interview with The Sun, which was filmed on the same day but only just released, the boys are joking about how they always pretend that Niall Horan has slept with a famous celeb in each new city that they go to. Discussing who should be the next famous gal to be romantically liked to the Irish popstar, Liam Payne exclaims: "I think we need to go outside the box."

To that, interviewer Dan Wootton suggests: "A man?" Then, we *think* Niall says: "What are you talking about, a man?" And in retaliation, we hear clear as day, without a shadow of a doubt, Harry retort: "Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it, Niall," complete with an affectionate pat on the knee

https://uk.celebrity.yahoo.com/gossip/omg/harry-styles-on-sleeping-with-a-man---don-t-knock-it--til-you-ve-tried-it-102950776.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People have always suggested it about Louis Tomlinson and i use to think it myself but nowadays i don't. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Harry swings both ways. I've had that feeling lol. It is what it is.

I don't spend my time though saying it's a fact or talking about all the time.

And it could still not be true. Some guys who stick up for gay rights or have gay friends doesn't mean they are themselves. Times have changed.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Maybe he is, maybe not. As long as he's happy, I'm not sure it's of any consequence, and I doubt his fans will be bothered. One Direction fans are unstoppable in their support of their idols.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it oddly fascinating that the stylists for the group are seemingly dressing him to stand out from the others. I caught a clip of their latest video the other day and while the rest of them looked fairly "normal", he stood out like a sore thumb in his brown coat.

Of course there's nothing wrong with being a clothes horse or even being bi, if that's what he is, but it just makes me wonder if the other members aren't too fond of the idea of him being singled out as essentially the "face" of One Direction.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you follow Harry as Harry the person, not Harry the insane media drivel 'shagger' persona, I personally feel like he's been trying to tell people for ages.

Sure many fans will turn anything he says into it being a Larry statement though.>:( I wish people would stop dragging Louis Tomlinson into this. This is not about Louis, or Larry imo.

But yeah, if it's in the Sun, which is an X Factor paper, and it made the Daily Mail, and it's being reiterated with Part 2 then perhaps he's serious about sticking a toe out beyond the fandom walls, many of whom he has delighted for years with his homoantics, antics which rarely make the mainstream press. Maybe the final lap of 1D is upon us? Maybe people can be themselves a little more now they are true adults, not teens - express their real thoughts - because lawdy knows they've made their masters enough bloody dosh to be allowed some wiggle room. Along with human rights, of course.

There may be more intrigue and even perhaps games along the way but Harry's media savvy enough to know the press will run with this. I don't believe the Sun would print something about 1D without it being thoroughly vetted...

Good for Harry.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on Harry for admitting/revealing this. I'm impressed with him. Hopefully him admitting this will cause more people to be more accepting of others that are attracted to the same gender.

Edit: One Direction will have massive influence on a lot of people out there, what with them being the most well-known boy band in the world and all.
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think most people are bisexual, it's just some are more open about it than others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry's a nice looking guy. Good for him whatever he is. When One Direction split i imagine they'll be lot's of stories some confirmed by them and even more lies told.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I mean again it was a joking flirty comment aimed at his bandmate. Plenty of straight guys do this. It doesnt really confirm anything either way about his sexuality, although once again the press are jumping on it like it does. It's all very boring, speculation doesn't equal facts so what's the point. He can't even make a joke at this point without it being taken as a cast iron declaration that he wants to shag men
  • Options
    attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand how people don't understand this was a joke. He was clearly mocking Liam who got asked what he looks for in a girl and said they had to be female!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how people don't understand this was a joke. He was clearly mocking Liam who got asked what he looks for in a girl and said they had to be female!!!

Are you implying it's wrong to think it's not a joke?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you implying it's wrong to think it's not a joke?

Where was that implied?
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't know with Harry ,he is the most media savvy in the group so knows what ever he says will be analysed. So he is either firing up the flames to wind them up or genuinely trying to pave the way to an announcement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I just don't know with Harry ,he is the most media savvy in the group so knows what ever he says will be analysed. So he is either firing up the flames to wind them up or genuinely trying to pave the way to an announcement.

Did people really used to analyse his words/jokes to this extent though. I feel like it's gotten way more intense lately, frankly because the press want to out a 1D member.
  • Options
    RumerRumer Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    It could just be for attention, he's very good at self promotion and obviously knows comments like that will get people talking.

Stories in the papers today say Taylor may be back on the scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    It's pretty well known that Harry Styles was porking Nick Grimshaw a while back.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    It's pretty well known that Harry Styles was porking Nick Grimshaw a while back.

Pretty well known or tediously speculated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member

It's well known amongst the "celebs".
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think most sensible people already know the answer to that :)
  • Options
    denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well this has nothing to do with that story , this story is completely different .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well this has nothing to do with that story , this story is completely different .

This was also a joke. His sexuality doesn't matter to me, but people tediously speculating when someone makes jokes is bizarre. When women say other girls are sexy or that they have girl crushes, no one thinks they might be gay or bi. This is just odd how much people read into things Harry says.

He is probably having a laugh at the expense of people who endlessly speculate about his love life.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, he'll be able to get it for nowt.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where was that implied?

The exclamation marks after you told us it was so obviously a joke.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The exclamation marks after you told us it was so obviously a joke.

Well it was pretty obvious unless you're just determined to read something more into it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person who ends up with Harry is very lucky whether that's a man or a woman. Such a lovely guy :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    This time with Niall it does just sounds like he is joking. I don't think he was joking before with Liam when he said being female "wasn't that important". It doesn't mean anything about his sexuality' he could just be an open minded guy that does not care for labels.

It is fun watching his interviews and hearing how he pretends to be a girl when he writes songs, and how he used an obscure slang for penises when asked what special requests the band makes. I don't know his sexuality, (and anyone who says they know for sure is an idiot), but he is definitely a troll.