Surprised Mel has outlasted Edwina

Have never been a big fan of Edwina's, but cant believe the biggest moaner in the camp, Mel, outlasted her. :o

Who the heck is voting to keep Mel in? What's to like? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I know- very disappointed. Mel probably feels she deserves it now. She has been a misery in there. Now she's all fake smiles!!😡
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    Me too, I seriously hope Mel is next to go
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Rioxxx wrote: »
    I know- very disappointed. Mel probably feels she deserves it now. She has been a misery in there. Now she's all fake smiles!!😡

Yes I noticed that too. She's as fake as a two bob note.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I don't care now if Mel goes next, she beat Edwina, that's good enough for me.
  • HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member
    Before this IAC, I really liked Mel and disliked Edwina. I'm very surprised that my opinion has totally reversed!
    I didn't want Edwina to win, but I do think she should have outlasted Mel.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Much preferred Edwina than Mel. Cant believe she's gone and that awful Mel still in there
    Forum Member

So do you reckon that's what her whole jungle experience has been about? Getting one up on a person who shows her up for the sarky moaning control freak she is?

I guess she can breathe more easily now by hoodwinking the more gullible men in the camp... And the even more gullible public thinking she's been so hard done by. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally my sentiments :)
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been watching Xtra Factor so three cheers edwina is out. Think she was getting on my nerves in fact she did most of the show. Her inwanted remarks to Kendra and Mel plus her sleazing over Jake. Mel has been great, just started to loose it in this last week.
  • Diane_FletcherDiane_Fletcher Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Liked Mel to start of with, liked the way she just got on with it, but the continued gripping when anyone offered an opinion on how to cook, got on my nerves. Then she said you only need a man for sex and now today she wants to find someone to take care of her! ( I suppose that could always be another woman!) Hope she is out next
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    So do you reckon that's what her whole jungle experience has been about? Getting one up on a person who shows her up for the sarky moaning control freak she is?

I guess she can breathe more easily now by hoodwinking the more gullible men in the camp... And the even more gullible public thinking she's been so hard done by. :o

Not at all, I just wanted her to beat the woman that spent all her time goading her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. Look at last year, it's the crying and miserable campmates that outlast the rest.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the time Mel is 67 people will have to google her to see who she was I suspect. This is already an attempt to rejuvenate her career. She is totally dependant on her appearance and that's fading fast. She has a coupe of years at best then obscurity.
    Forum Member
    Jennyloo wrote: »
    Been watching Xtra Factor so three cheers edwina is out. Think she was getting on my nerves in fact she did most of the show. Her inwanted remarks to Kendra and Mel plus her sleazing over Jake. Mel has been great, just started to loose it in this last week.

I didnt mind Kendra, but didn't agree with her rant although I could understand belatedly it was from the heart and more passionate than we first were aware.

Edwina went into the jungle in the spirit it should be taken and mostly had fun. People like Mel and to a lesser degree, Kendra, will always bring out her bullshit detector. And yes, her lifelong career in politics would give her the nose for those trying to bullshit the public.... And Mel has obviously done so.

I think people are voting for Mel because of their dislike of Edwina and not because she herself and her own bullshit should also be noted.

It will be happy fake Mel for the next days viewing. I hope she's the one who fails at the last hurdle and one of the more 'fun' men win the show, because she's been anytning but fun to view.
  • greenyonegreenyone Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    By the time Mel is 67 people will have to google her to see who she was I suspect. This is already an attempt to rejuvenate her career. She is totally dependant on her appearance and that's fading fast. She has a coupe of years at best then obscurity.

What do you think the others are trying to rejuvenate then 😃 especially Edwina
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »

Edwina is 68, she's had a full life and career behind her, I doubt she thinks being in the Jungle is going to create another one for her, I think she went in there to show her real self and to have some fun. I doubt she planned little more than to get a few after dinner speakers jobs out of this.
  • hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt mind Kendra, but didn't agree with her rant although I could understand belatedly it was from the heart and more passionate than we first were aware.

Edwina went into the jungle in the spirit it should be taken and mostly had fun. People like Mel and to a lesser degree, Kendra, will always bring out her bullshit detector. And yes, her lifelong career in politics would give her the nose for those trying to bullshit the public.... And Mel has obviously done so.

I think people are voting for Mel because of their dislike of Edwina and not because she herself and her own bullshit should also be noted.

It will be happy fake Mel for the next days viewing. I hope she's the one who fails at the last hurdle and one of the more 'fun' men win the show, because she's been anytning but fun to view.

Sometimes it better to come 4th than 3rd. At least you get an extra night of luxury in the hotel and you get the whole experience of a full interview with Ant and Dec and walking across the bridge. The final always seems a bit rushed.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have never been a big fan of Edwina's, but cant believe the biggest moaner in the camp, Mel, outlasted her. :o

Who voted to try to keep Edwina in?

That's a bigger mystery.

I'm surprised Edwina lasted this long. Carol Thatcher fooled a lot of people, but Edwina didn't seem to be using the same tricks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greenyone wrote: »

Edwina is 68, she's had a full life and career behind her, I doubt she thinks being in the Jungle is going to create another one for her, I think she went in there to show her real self and to have some fun. I doubt she planned little more than to get a few after dinner speakers jobs out of this.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Edwina had such a great BS detector, why did she show so little sign of it while she was active in politics?

If anything, Edwina's "her lifelong career in politics" shows she had the ability to bullshit the public. Seems she may have it still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    Sometimes it better to come 4th than 3rd. At least you get an extra night of luxury in the hotel and you get the whole experience of a full interview with Ant and Dec and walking across the bridge. The final always seems a bit rushed.

LOL so true, I'd far rather get out of there, get a good meal, have a good bath and a good sleep and appear at the final the next day all refreshed, made up and looking good ;) The only person that gets any benefit from that last night in the jungle is the winner.
  • NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people are voting for Mel because fake tits and teeth are valued more than personality these days.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread.
  • wonderwheels28wonderwheels28 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redcherry wrote: »
    Much preferred Edwina than Mel. Cant believe she's gone and that awful Mel still in there

Me too, totally amazed & really annoyed Mel still there & Edwina has gone>:(
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A plot to keep Mel in, and to win it. Reminds me of some years ago when another female camper who was fake right through, was kept in to win the show. Mel's in same mode.