Game of Thrones (Season Two)

Comments

• ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ayra might well be the child Tywin wishes he had.

She is so amazing.
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was Arya's story that made me start reading the books. At the end of Season 1 when she went off with Yoren to the wall I just knew she was going to have some exciting adventure and I just couldn't wait for season 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    mindset, when Jon got captured I actually thought about you throwing your hands up in despair and :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Was looking forward to hearing your take on it.

The problem with these Stark kids (the older ones at least) they all think with their genitals. Robb's making puppy eyes at Talisa, Jon Snow's letting Ygritte lead him round by the dick, even Sansa has gotten herself in so much trouble because of her silly girl fantasies about Joffrey. Theon might be a Greyjoy but he's clearly picked this up from the Starks as well.

Arya must be more Tully than Stark, nah in fact I think she's somehow a Lannister throwback.

As a non-book reader (started reading the first, only a few pages in) i'm finding Jon Snow's story to be the most interesting. I suspect that he's going to fall in love with that wildling, meet Mance Ryder, then betray his night's watch brothers & start fighting for the king beyond the wall. I mean, why not? He's been dealt a shit hand in life, despite being as good as any of the Stark's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never liked her in the books. Is it ok to say that? :p

I love her now, and Charles Dance.

I hated Ygritte so much in the books (look at me comparing) but my god the actess who is playing her has made me love her hard, she is amazing.

Dany can just bore off though.
  • mindsetmindset Posts: 23,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mo@reality wrote: »
    mindset, when Jon got captured I actually thought about you throwing your hands up in despair and :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Was looking forward to hearing your take on it.

LOL Happy to oblige :)
    The problem with these Stark kids (the older ones at least) they all think with their genitals. Robb's making puppy eyes at Talisa........

Characters who take their eyes off the Game, or their responsibilities and duties, for whatever reason will inevitably be punished. It's the rules.....

ally08 wrote: »
    I think Ayra might well be the child Tywin wishes he had.

Possibly. Or perhaps Arya's brightness, resillience and determination remind him of Cersei......:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and before I forget,

Tyrion:"It's hard to put a leash on a dog, once you've put a crown on it's head."

Priceless :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Jamie, that is unforgivable.

He would have to do it to escape but getting to know him and letting us get fond.

Harsh.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    ally08 wrote: »
    Little things, like the Rangers not wearing hats, are still bothering me, I can't help but get annoyed by trivia.

My complaint this week is that Osha apparently can't be bothered to brush her hair yet has perfectly groomed nether regions.

I suppose I could accept, just about, that all the **** take care of their pubic hair, but a wildling?

Does this make me a perv?
    I'm a perv and this is my sort of post. :D Love that Osha. She's that nympho woman from Harry Potter yes? Yet another wanton woman on GoT I'd like to have relations with! Groomed, bushy, don't matter me! :D
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    Damn I wish a sexy red head would tell me its hot and moist sometime.......

anyway the whole episode was made up of highlights so cant single anything out in particular. I actually felt sympathy for Cersei this week, but felt none for Dany. Its like they have swapped roles and now Dany is just a bossy bitch.

Love the scene with Arry and Tywin, one lil close up camera shot on the back of his neck said a hell of a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    In here with closed eyes. Very excited for tonight, hope all the previous posts have been full of excited fans too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the latest episode again (yes, it's that good) and I have a theory.

I think Jon Snow's story might echo Theon's. I noticed the recognition on Ygritte's face, when Snow told her his father's name. So now I'm wondering if she is his (half?) sister? I'm wondering if he will find his mother north of the wall? Will his life be saved as a result?

Shame really, because he deserves to be punished for letting her live.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor Robert Sugden. Only a brief stay in Westeros.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    Shame really, because he deserves to be punished for letting her live.

but but but....this is lurve Luke!!! they can't do the do if he'd have killed her and they both so want to! :D;)
  • Mo@realityMo@reality Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Wait, what???:confused:

*rewatches*

Bloody hell, so it was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xynaria wrote: »
    but but but....this is lurve Luke!!! they can't do the do if he'd have killed her and they both so want to! :D;)

But, but, but, will she still want to get awwwwn with the Virgin and Tramp malarkey.....if she knows he's a blood relative? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindset wrote: »
    But, but, but, will she still want to get awwwwn with the Virgin and Tramp malarkey.....if she knows he's a blood relative? :D

Even more so ..just ask Cersei :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    Very convenient that Rickon mentioned the two orphan Winterfell boys that were sent to that farm earlier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Where.. who ..damn..I'll have to rewatch it..who can forget his fling with Nicola! :D
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fave bit from last night was Ygritte saying those famous five words YKNJS If that had been in a film I would have cheered out loud!
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EXCELLENT character episode. Really just brilliant, complex writing and superb acting. A lesson for other shows in how it should be done.

Plot wise two things that struck me...

1) where is Barristan Selmy? I'm surprised he hasn't joined with Stannis!

2) So Doreah is missing. Did she betray Dany and help them take the dragons. Or was she kidnapped with them in order to care for them?
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    EXCELLENT character episode. Really just brilliant, complex writing and superb acting. A lesson for other shows in how it should be done.

Plot wise two things that struck me...

1) where is Barristan Selmy? I'm surprised he hasn't joined with Stannis!

2) So Doreah is missing. Did she betray Dany and help them take the dragons. Or was she kidnapped with them in order to care for them?

1) If the tv series follows the books (no guarantee there!) we could be seeing him again at some point.

2) Dany sent her off to seduce people in order to find info. Dany seems to have forgotten this:D
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimotag wrote: »
    1) If the tv series follows the books (no guarantee there!) we could be seeing him again at some point.

Hope we do.
    2) Dany sent her off to seduce people in order to find info. Dany seems to have forgotten this:D

Yup but Jorah came back so where is Doreah...?
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Ser Jorah coming back, he did look rather handsome when he came to see Dany....
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    elpaw wrote: »
    Very convenient that Rickon mentioned the two orphan Winterfell boys that were sent to that farm earlier.
    very astute of you
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I particularly loved Arya talking of Aegon's sisters riding dragons alongside him. This is the kind of stuff I never thought would make it into the series! Also that long scene with Jaime. I bet many viewers had totally forgotten about him!

The Dany scenes are a little iffy...though this is her at her most confused, you even have characters pointing out that one minute she's demanding the next begging.