Does Anyone Think Eastenders Are Ready For A Transexual Character?

leleblahblahleleblahblah Posts: 299
Forum Member
I can honestly say that i think it would be nice to see a character with issues with sexuality in there own body it could either be male to female or female to male i think with the right writers it could be as well writing as hollyoaks and not forgetting mrs haley cropper .

Anyone thinking the same ?

Comments

• priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    havent ever thought of the idea
    it would be and has potential.to.be an amazing SL
    i.would like that very much
    a bit like jasmin/jason but better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't mind it, good storyline potential
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think so, really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good question.

I wonder which some of our more women-hating contributors would be hardest on.

A man-to-woman tranny, or a woman-to-man?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think I'd like them to do this as I just dont think they'd be able to handle it properly.

I'd rather them tackle things like the Eastern European influence in London, or an East Asian family move in - I guess if one of those characters was also TG that might be interesting, but might just be a bit of a retread of the Syed being gay in a culture that isnt accepting of gays.

Edit: I would like to see a secondary character who just happens to be TG, maybe someones friend who just pops in now and then, but a character who's storyline revolves around them being TG wouldnt be interesting to me, EE would make it all about a daddy issue :yawn:
  • MarcoRossiMarcoRossi Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good question.

well a man to a womman is much much more common so it makes sense to represent this. I think Tamwar would be a very good candidate, after his marriage failed and all that. I also think Ben would be superb for that role, however I'm hoping he wont be in EE for much longer to spoil him with yet another big S/L.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MarcoRossi wrote: »
    well a man to a womman is much much more common so it makes sense to represent this. I think Tamwar would be a very good candidate, after his marriage failed and all that. I also think Ben would be superb for that role, however I'm hoping he wont be in EE for much longer to spoil him with yet another big S/L.

haha sorry but what?

U dont just wake up one day and think 'i'm gonna be a woman'

This is why EE shouldnt touch this subject with a barge pole!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe Andrew?

After all, he has all those old clothes of Heather's.
  • sas6789sas6789 Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that could be a good idea
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha sorry but what?

U dont just wake up one day and think 'i'm gonna be a woman'

This is why EE shouldnt touch this subject with a barge pole!

obviously not overnight! It's a SL that would take years and years to develop. The only reason I picked him was that he is still quite an unexplored character and short of bringing someone new in, I thought he is the only one that EE have previously invested in and maybe build on this. But I could be wrong.

I think it is more urgent for EE to portray something that millions and millions of our populaiton do every single day and that is for a young person to attend university (anyone that has left EE as a result of their character going to uni doesn't qualify) or for an adult to have a serious bog standard career - Bradley being an estate agent was the last one of this type.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    obviously not overnight! It's a SL that would take years and years to develop. The only reason I picked him was that he is still quite an unexplored character and short of bringing someone new in, I thought he is the only one that EE have previously invested in and maybe build on this. But I could be wrong.

I think it is more urgent for EE to portray something that millions and millions of our populaiton do every single day and that is for a young person to attend university (anyone that has left EE as a result of their character going to uni doesn't qualify) or for an adult to have a serious bog standard career - Bradley being an estate agent was the last one of this type.

Yeah I agree, they did try with Libby commuting to Oxford Uni a couple of years back which was hilarious.

I wonder what has happened to Mas training to become a teacher? That was quite a cool storyline - would like to see Bianca come out of prison on her way to a degree too.

But Tamwar in a dress is more the way EE is heading :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they already had one, that Shirley geezer?!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree, they did try with Libby commuting to Oxford Uni a couple of years back which was hilarious.

I wonder what has happened to Mas training to become a teacher? That was quite a cool storyline - would like to see Bianca come out of prison on her way to a degree too.

But Tamwar in a dress is more the way EE is heading :D

BIB1: I would too, if not a degree then see her attempt to further herslef in some other way, after she finally realises that she has failed and failed to be financially stable doing what she has done so far.

BIB2: LOL made me laugh the way you phrased this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can honestly say that i think it would be nice to see a character with issues with sexuality in there own body it could either be male to female or female to male i think with the right writers it could be as well writing as hollyoaks and not forgetting mrs haley cropper .

Anyone thinking the same ?
    Any sort of credible character would make a nice change
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a good question.

Neither. Shirley Terrahawk covers all bases there I reckon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

SNAP!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maisymoo wrote: »
    SNAP!!

Go on...show them that picture of Shirley you posted earlier....and THEN see what they say!

BTW, I was thinking. If you decide to change your user name to Ambidextrous Minghella, its fine with me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

haha :D:D
    if anyone watched harry hill.shirley shadow had a boner in one ep :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

Priscilla!

Take that remark back!

Shirley is more of a man than you will ever be!!!
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member

I've said for a while that someone going back to education, during a time of economic recession, would be a decent little filler story that millions could relate to. For anyone with a child (and in Mas's case, a wife that works), it's a difficult situation (child-care costs, balancing study and university with spending time with your children) but done properly it would be interesting to watch. Bianca and Mas would be good for it, but Roxy could probably have a storyline like that too. She'd probably benefit from it more: a story for a woman that doesn't involve men but gives her character growth and lets her mature from party girl to woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Priscilla!

Take that remark back!

Shirley is more of a man than you will ever be!!!

:D:D
    yeah in harry hill eyes shirley has a dick, so she is more man than i will ever be:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

LOL!!!!!!! :D

I'd like to see that - I always miss Harry Hill because I'm usually drunk at the footy on Saturdays.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It could be done with Bobby in a few years. I'd love to see how Ian would handle it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on...show them that picture of Shirley you posted earlier....and THEN see what they say!

BTW, I was thinking. If you decide to change your user name to Ambidextrous Minghella, its fine with me.

http://s13.postimage.org/q1guln3h3/ugly1.jpg

And will you pack it in with the Minghella as I spilt me Ribena now....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maisymoo wrote: »
    http://s13.postimage.org/q1guln3h3/ugly1.jpg

And will you pack it in with the Minghella as I spilt me Ribena now....

Haha :D:D Is that Shirl before & after vodka frenzy!

(PS. Vimto is better than Ribena) :)