The problem with Wii-U

124»

Comments

• mills705mills705 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a wii for a birthday several years ago and it turned into a dust collector. For me it lacked the graphics necessary to keep me wanting to play.
    However I will admit I have owned a 360 and got bored of that too! Well not bored but too skint to pay 40 odd quid a game!
    When I met my gf she had a wii and yes it was fun to play on a few multiplayer games with her. But novelty soon wears off!
    Her dad plays call of duty and he was very disappointed to learn the new one wasn't out on wii.
    They therefore got a wii u for Xmas as a family present. I've played call of duty, zombie u and the bond game. All of which I have really enjoyed!

The wii u is nintendos way of getting back into the serious gamers market and I hope they make it. The game pad is a great idea!
    The only worrying thing is the lack of big name games released or going to be released on it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    We haven't even started stocking yet where i work due to low interest had a few people asking for one over xmas but no huge demand.

I think its as someone said above its the lack of effort Nintendo have put in i mean its not really a next gen console i mean as soon as the new xbox and PS4 come Nintendo will be once again behind them.

It could do a PS3 and turn around but somehow doubt it, I like Nintendo but if i had to choose a new xbox, PS4 or Wii u it would not be a Wii u ;)

didnt the wii outsell both xbox and ps3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought software was the problem! There simply is no games that entice me; most of them are available on other platforms. The system NEEDS details of a new mario (3d), zelda, metroid or pokemon game in order to get people to buy the console (imo I think this would work).

However; rumours of the new sony and microsoft consoles is being unveiled and they seem cheaper and more powerful in terms of graphics. The one thing that sells nintendo is its first party games and without them, the console will simply not take off! If the new sony console or microsoft console unveil with it a new final fantasy then I'll happily buy one. Software is key for these consoles selling. Call of Duty will do it for most gamers at the moment as that's usually a big seller upon release.
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I told another friend i had a Wii-U yesterday, he said oh is that one of those tablet controller add-ons for the Wii...

Naming it the Wii-U was the most stupid idea, it would have sold much better with an original name.