Latest advert invasion on DS?

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    I must have ad blocker as I never get ads.
  • s_mirages_mirage Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gort wrote: »
    It's this type of advertising that's the best recruiter for ad-blocking software. If you get in the face of people like online adverts have been doing for years, then it's not surprising that people will find the means to stop the overtly attention seeking ways of the advertisers. DS might well need the revenue from advertising, but the advertisers that supply these sorts of ads can also blight DS, too. Maybe if the advertisers were a bit more subtle with their adverts and computer safe, people could be persuaded to unblock those adverts. But in a society that's so "look at me!", that's not likely to catch on too soon. They're their own worst enemies.

^
    This. If ads were all discrete then people wouldn't be bothered by them, instead they are large and intrusive so they get blocked.

Personally I think TV advertisers seem to be cut from the same cloth of stupid as their online brethren. The approach of some TV ads seems to be to make them as loud as possible, as if that will somehow make people want their product more. Instead, in my experience anyway, it just leads people to either mute the sound or change channel. Really effective advertising that.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I don't mind normal ads on DS - without them there would be no DS!

But the one I mentioned made my screen go completely black and disabled everything until I clicked the ad off - I've never seen that on DS before.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trevalyan wrote: »
    good film that

Is that the one with Clint Eastwood.
  • Harkins63Harkins63 Posts: 1,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea how many - this is my first thread on the topic anyway - and no, I'm not a newbie, but this blanked out the whole screen and it's not anything I've seen before.
    There's been loads of threads on this over the past couple of weeks and it's becoming boring.:yawn:
    Before anyone asks, the owner of the computer I use doesn't like installing ad-blockers or whatever they're called, for reasons unknown to me,
    Enjoy the adverts then.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harkins63 wrote: »
    There's been loads of threads on this over the past couple of weeks and it's becoming boring.:yawn:

Enjoy the adverts then.

It's the intrusive ones though, I haven't posted since last weekend as it was doing my head in.
    I know there are options, but as it's a free site, I can handle the ads just not the ones that stop us from viewing.

I know there are plenty of people that hope they (the ads) stay in the hope that I cease posting forever :D but I do think it needs sorting and mentioning occasionally.:o
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Harkins63 wrote: »

Enjoy the adverts then.

Be bored then - no-one's forcing you to respond or read.

I see you hold grudges.
This discussion has been closed.