Options

The country music thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently loving Lady Antebellum. Album's a stonker!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoNoDrama wrote: »
    That's great news if it comes about!

I'm not really a fan of Brad Paisley his stuff is too old-style country for me but loving his "Welcome to the Future" track atm.

Yes, its has to be one of my favourite tracks of the past 12 months, Never get sick of listening to it.

I'm undecided about Lady Antebellum, I love Need you now but not really fussed on the rest.

Keith Urbans Album defying gravity is probably my fav album of the year.
  • Options
    vanzandtfanvanzandtfan Posts: 8,897
    Forum Member
    Yay!!! It took 4 weeks but my copy of The Mickey Newbury Collection was finally delivered today. 8 CDs of classic country ahead :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay!!! It took 4 weeks but my copy of The Mickey Newbury Collection was finally delivered today. 8 CDs of classic country ahead :D

Hey enjoy, that'll keep ya going a while:)
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I'm grateful Brad Paisley is coming 1 gig is hardly worth the effort, add to that the entire UK does not live in London, I live approx 600 miles away with the Irish sea in the middle, Martina McBride has the sense to play 3 gigs over here and 1 in London, Country is alot more popular over here anyway than it is in England, but here is hoping he will add another date or 2. I wonder if he will bring Miranda Lambert with him? She is support his American Saturday Night tour.

Similarly,Martinas gigs are being billed as part of the Shine All Night tour,guests including Trace Adkins,Luke Bryan and Sarah Buxton,is it asking too much that they bring at least one of the three with 'em?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Similarly,Martinas gigs are being billed as part of the Shine All Night tour,guests including Trace Adkins,Luke Bryan and Sarah Buxton,is it asking too much that they bring at least one of the three with 'em?

Don't think it'll happen, Quite like Luke Bryan myself
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Brad would bring Carrie over him, THEN I'd make the effort to go down to Londontown.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »
    I wish Brad would bring Carrie over him, THEN I'd make the effort to go down to Londontown.

It's sold out now, maybe he would put on more gigs now as he see's people are interested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it'll happen, Quite like Luke Bryan myself

I'll have to take the opposite view,haven't really listend to Luke much but wouldn't mind seeing Trace or Sarah.
  • Options
    NailzNailz Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blah123 wrote: »

'Need you now' gets lots of airplay on the US country stations despite it being a few months old.

Where do people hear new country music in the UK then ? It's not on the radio or tv much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »
    'Need you now' gets lots of airplay on the US country stations despite it being a few months old.

Where do people hear new country music in the UK then ? It's not on the radio or tv much.

I check out the country chart http://www.billboard.com/charts/country-songs#/charts/country-songs
  • Options
    SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    It's sold out now, maybe he would put on more gigs now as he see's people are interested.

I am absolutely GUTTED I didn't get tickets... I didn't notice they had gone on sale and missed out....I really hope he adds another date.....seems a long way to come to only do one show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supercell wrote: »
    I am absolutely GUTTED I didn't get tickets... I didn't notice they had gone on sale and missed out....I really hope he adds another date.....seems a long way to come to only do one show!

He has or is adding another date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acording to mr Paisley Friday morning new tickets go on sale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Acording to mr Paisley Friday morning new tickets go on sale.

Oh thats great - is it around the same time? Where did you hear this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thats great - is it around the same time? Where did you hear this?

Not sure, got it from his Twitter page.
    I think Friday they go on sale..pip pip righto..RT @helsbels77: ello ello when these ere new london tix go on sale so I can get....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not sure, got it from his Twitter page.

Thanks I must start following peoples tweets!

His latest few make him look like he has been on the beers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I must start following peoples tweets!

His latest few make him look like he has been on the beers

He's been on something, talking about waterboarding a leprechaun :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am happy now!....just managed to get some tickets for the 2nd Brad Paisley gig via the O2 priority website.... they go on sale on the 29th general sale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Have a good 1 :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cool. Have a good 1 :)

and thanks to you for pointing out the second date!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrie Underwood is the best!!! Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum and great too. ATM, I'm addicted to White Liar by Miranda :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carrie Underwood is the best!!! Miranda Lambert, Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum and great too. ATM, I'm addicted to White Liar by Miranda :p
    Yeah fan of Carrie myself,she has a great voice and of course is very easy on the eye :) yep also love white liar, she did a great performance of it on the CMA's last year.
  • Options
    NoNoDramaNoNoDrama Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nailz wrote: »

This track by Lady Antebellum is currently number 10 on The Box Breakers. No doubt due to it's US success. So this means it's going to be released in the UK! Any other stations playing it? Not sure if it's a watered down country version or not but the original isn't that country sounding in itself.

Always good to see modern country artists on UK stations though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours of a sex tape featuring Mindy McCready circulating on the net:

http://www.voiceofcountry.com/mindy-mccready-sex-tape-furore.html