Options

Problems with Halifax

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
Forum Member
Has anyone else had problems trying to log on to Halifax online banking today? I've been unable to sign in all day.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just logged in now, all works fine for me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you for trying.

Me and my mate have both tried and both are getting the same message. I've also had an email titled Account Status Notification apparently from the Halifax as well, saying my online account has been suspended and to restore access by re-updating my records.

I am not clicking on the link as I suspect this is a scam email. I will try again to get online when I get home, it could be our work PC causing problems as most of the systems in here have been playing up today!!!
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right this is a scam. I had this and I don't even bank with the Halifax anymore. I find their staff unbelievably rude and unhelpful, not to mention dismissive.

I posted a while back that my visa card wouldnt work for online payments. I went in to ask for help and they said there was nothing wrong with it and it should work - it didn't! So I closed the account. I've got no faith in them as a bank so I moved to Lloyds and so far so good.
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    iCandy77 wrote: »
    You're right this is a scam. I had this and I don't even bank with the Halifax anymore. I find their staff unbelievably rude and unhelpful, not to mention dismissive.

I posted a while back that my visa card wouldnt work for online payments. I went in to ask for help and they said there was nothing wrong with it and it should work - it didn't! So I closed the account. I've got no faith in them as a bank so I moved to Lloyds and so far so good.

Ironically, Halifax is part of the Lloyds banking group (as is the Bank of Scotland).

The HBOS (Halifax Bank of Scotland) processes were recently (may still be in the process of being) aligned with the Lloyds processes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cruachan wrote: »
    The HBOS (Halifax Bank of Scotland) processes were recently (may still be in the process of being) aligned with the Lloyds processes.

Is their online banking due to change any time soon? Got a Student Mastercard for them, cracking APR considering my age!
  • Options
    CruachanCruachan Posts: 7,211
    Forum Member
    Chris.. wrote: »
    Is their online banking due to change any time soon? Got a Student Mastercard for them, cracking APR considering my age!

I use the Bank of Scotland's interface to the internet service and that fairly recently underwent some cosmetic changes as well as some unavailability while back-end systems were reported to be getting "switched over".

I've observed no significant change in the functionality available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have managed to login now, so it may well have our work pc's. Dodgy email has been sent to the Halifax security team too.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babyamy wrote: »
    Have managed to login now, so it may well have our work pc's. Dodgy email has been sent to the Halifax security team too.
    Thanks!

Just a word of warning. No bank will ever send you a security warning with a link. All these Emails are scams.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    babyamy wrote: »
    Dodgy email has been sent to the Halifax security team too.

Who will completely ignore it!

Do you know that when you set up your account with the Halifax, the very first thing they say is that they will NEVER ask you for your password. Yet step 3 of their process - they ask you for your password to set up your account. I told them to get stuffed at this point and went to the Clydesdale Bank! At least the staff of the Clydesdale Bank actually care about customer service unlike the Hellifax.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Who will completely ignore it!

Do you know that when you set up your account with the Halifax, the very first thing they say is that they will NEVER ask you for your password. Yet step 3 of their process - they ask you for your password to set up your account. I told them to get stuffed at this point and went to the Clydesdale Bank! At least the staff of the Clydesdale Bank actually care about customer service unlike the Hellifax.

A slight distortion of the facts. They say they will never ask for your password in an email. Not they will never ask for it online. Otherwise how would you log in each time? Perhaps take the time to read and understand before you get in a needless strop and change banks.
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Halifax has gone to the dogs over the last few months - the staff in my local branch are all new and not as helpful or even as competent as those who were there before.

I has a savings account of about £30K maturing and even though it said in the letter 'pop into your local branch' the person I saw was unable to even find the account on his computer. What's more, he refused to phone HQ to enquire about it for me.

I ended up ringing HQ myself and asking for the account to be closed and a cheque posted to my address.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    A slight distortion of the facts. They say they will never ask for your password in an email. Not they will never ask for it online. Otherwise how would you log in each time? Perhaps take the time to read and understand before you get in a needless strop and change banks.

Their actual words were: "We will never ask you for your password" They never mention e-mail, phone banking, whatever just "NEVER" - Full stop!

I shifted accounts because this was another in a long list of problems with the hellifax. Totallly useless bank - no wonder they went down the tubes.