Options

when was the last time someone asked you " what are you staring at"

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had 3 chavs talk about me like I wasn't there at my local off license.

Chav: What are you staring at grrrr (says this whilst not looking at me)
Chav 2: I know man, staring hard (then implies about a fight).
Me: *chavs chavs chavs* in my mind of course :D.

I guess I might have been staring but there is no need to be rude. My stares last for 3 seconds if that, but if someone is rude towards me I stare at them non stop :D just to wind them up.

Another time on the bus I was staring at this women and she says "I know I am beautiful but no need to stare at me, do you fancy me". It was directed at me but she was talking out loud. Anyway I remember her staring at me so I decided to do the same back.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I went out for the night during my overactive thyroid gland days.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was about 15 and being bullied by almost every girl in my year.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    not for years. i did ask my daughter in law to count how many heads i was holding up the other day though:o:o:o
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not for decades, But I have the answer to the question "I dunno they don't label shit these days"
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    When I was at school, a long, long, long time ago, the expression we used was "who are you screwing?".

Means something different now, I believe.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've been asked that since my school days. A similar phrase which I find irritating is "What are you smiling at?". Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that being happy was a crime!
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    A similar phrase which I find irritating is "What are you smiling at?". Oh, sorry, I didn't realise that being happy was a crime!

I've had a few women tell me to smile... sorry didn't realise having a stupid grin on my face 24/7 was mandatory.

Im not being sarcastic either they've actually got right up in my face and said it lol.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    green855 wrote: »
    My stares last for 3 seconds if that, but if someone is rude towards me I stare at them non stop :D just to wind them up.

Did you use a stopwatch. Most modern mobiles have them built in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    you could try "Your staring at death personified and I am staring at a dead man" !!!! see if that works
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was in the playground at school.
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chavs for me too. Although of course at the time I was a bit of a chav myself, and it was a prelude to a fight.
    I didn't know what to say at first when they asked me as I honestly hadn't seen they were there, I was chatting to my mates about how to open an alcopop on a railing and they happened to have been behind it. Police were called and everything.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a few women tell me to smile... sorry didn't realise having a stupid grin on my face 24/7 was mandatory.

Oh yes, I've been criticised for not smiling too. You can't win!
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    By some really arrogant girl at school when I was about 14. Everyone fancied her and it just turned her into a total cow. I wasn't even looking at her, I was actually talking to the girl sat next to her. I remember, she also got me into a fight by pretending I was making fun of her when I wasn't, so obviously some cretin with his brain in his trousers decided to start on me. Her dad was head of year and also a total arsehole, which I think just added to her cockiness.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    you can always reply "A blot on the landscape"
  • Options
    andys cornerandys corner Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time was a nutter on the metrolink, she was walking up and down the tram ranting about greed and shouting bits of the lord's prayer aggressively.

Until that day I didn't think the lord's prayer could be shouted aggressively

It wasn't just aimed at me, she would aim rants at various people and then ask them what the **** they were looking at

Then there was the rant about getting arrested because everyone ignores her father (meaning god)

Do random nut jobs count?
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the correct response to that question is along the lines of:

You talkin' to me?
    You talkin' to me?
    You talkin' to me?

And then whip out your gun.
  • Options
    Bad JujuBad Juju Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long, long time ago. It's not really a question though is it? It's a demonstration of extreme paranoia (in the true sense of the word) and aggression.

I was walking a group the other night, about 14 of us, doing a history walk, coming up through the park, a footpath intersection near where the chavs hang out, the lad said to the others 'red light man' (as in wait for this group to pass) then the girl said 'I dunt stop for no-one innit' barged through us, at the same time I was chatting with a group member who made me laugh, and the barging girl said ' that one at the front totally laughed in my face' - no. Paranoia - overblown sense of self-importance.

What you staring at is along the same lines. Paranoid and aggressive.