Well Done Neil Fox

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Neil Fox has the youth listening and following him. Neil Fox was lined up for Radio 1 Breakfast years ago whilst at Capital, and been in the business lot longer and knows a little more about music too.

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/917123-nick-grimshaw-slammed-by-neil-fox-for-calling-robbie-williams-irrelevant

Very true, for those that are slamming Neil Fox please care to admit how many years longer has he been in the music biz than Grimshaw?

Neil Fox - 1984
    Nick Grimshaw - 2007

I therefore think that Neil Fox is far more qualified to judge than Nick Grimshaw - a pratt who thinks he is "cool" and "hip" when in fact he is not. He will get his comeuppance in the near future when he is ditched from R1 for being "too old".
  • Options
    Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    Markjuk wrote: »
    Very true, for those that are slamming Neil Fox please care to admit how many years longer has he been in the music biz than Grimshaw?

Neil Fox - 1984
    Nick Grimshaw - 2007

I therefore think that Neil Fox is far more qualified to judge than Nick Grimshaw - a pratt who thinks he is "cool" and "hip" when in fact he is not. He will get his comeuppance in the near future when he is ditched from R1 for being "too old".

Age is not always a sign of wisdom, as DLT found out.
  • Options
    old pilotold pilot Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Age is not always a sign of wisdom, as DLT found out.

Agreed. Sour grapes from Fox,a bland local presenter who never made the grade to join the BBC.
  • Options
    Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    old pilot wrote: »
    Agreed. Sour grapes from Fox,a bland local presenter who never made the grade to join the BBC.

I disagree with that. Foxy was very much "of his time" - and from Wyvern to the glory days of Capital he was very much in the ascendency. Never made it as big as Tarrant but a perfectly capable jock with energy and enthusiasm for the job. Even now, he's doing fine at Magic and will still have a strong following.

But he's the "nob" for making those remarks, not Grimmy.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A bit tough on the guy with the highest figures for Breakfast in the nations capital
  • Options
    old pilotold pilot Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sounds like he reads liner cards and has the personality of a cornflake box.

Not fit to polish Moyles or Evans shoes in my opinion.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sounds like he reads liner cards and has the personality of a cornflake box.

Not fit to polish Moyles or Evans shoes in my opinion.

He is giving the listeners what they want rather than indulging his own ego