80 year old man shoved to the ground and spat at by teenage girl

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
Forum Member
✭✭
I want to cry for this poor man. Why would anyone do this? Really makes you think humanity is going down the toilet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395791/Shocking-moment-girl-kicks-elderly-Asian-man-80-ground-causing-turban-fall-spitting-face.html

Comments

• goldframedoorgoldframedoor Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to cry for this poor man. Why would anyone do this? Really makes you think humanity is going down the toilet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395791/Shocking-moment-girl-kicks-elderly-Asian-man-80-ground-causing-turban-fall-spitting-face.html
    I wish I could do the same to her! :mad: Don't people no matter what race/ethnicity/religion etc have a right to live their lives free of this crap?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this happened to my granddad I would be absolutely devastated. I just cannot understand what would possess someone to attack an old man going about his business? Or anyone for that matter!
  • Raquelos.Raquelos. Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Yeah newsflash, some people are bast.ards.

Cue thread expressing outrage at outrageous behaviour:yawn:
  • StillAliveStillAlive Posts: 1,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid chavs. I could hear one of the idiot guys saying 'hit-a-bird, hit-a-bird'. What a gang of losers.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the risk of going against the grain, if you actually listen to the video, she says "You don't f***ing touch my tit mate" so maybe she felt she had been inappropriately touched ?

Still, it doesn't justify the completely disproportionate response of assaulting a pensioner.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shared on facebook? The only place it should've been shared was the cops twitter pages.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    At the risk of going against the grain, if you actually listen to the video, she says "You don't f***ing touch my tit mate" so maybe she felt she had been inappropriately touched ?

Still, it doesn't justify the completely disproportionate response of assaulting a pensioner.

Exactly, we've only seen one side of the story. It clearly wasn't a random attack as implied in the article, we don't know why she was so angry.
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    What happens in the video before the girl pushes him to the ground? We're making judgements here but probably don't know the whole story.
  • ChristopherJChristopherJ Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watch the video and it seems there is a little bit more to it than an old Sikh minding his own business suddenly being attacked by a girl.

Still scum behaviour obviously, but not as reported. There is no reference to ethnicity or religion in the vid either.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He touched her when he tried to push her away. I would have thought that was what she was referring to, the fact that he had the audacity to try and fight back.

Are you seriously suggesting that a lone 80 year old man would inappropriately touch a girl whilst she was with a gang of her friends. Really?

The desperation of some people to try and explain away or justify verbal and physical abuse against certain sections of society is pretty disappointing.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    disgusting, I hope they catch the thugs, why is it though that people stand there filming instead of helping. They are just as bad IMO
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »

Are you seriously suggesting that a lone 80 year old man would inappropriately touch a girl whilst she was with a gang of her friends. Really?

The desperation of some people to try and explain away or justify verbal and physical abuse against certain sections of society is pretty disappointing.

We just don't know, do we? I'd like to believe that an 80 year wouldn't do such a thing, but then I'd also like to believe a teenager wouldn't act so atrociously. I'd rather have all the facts to hand than judge so quickly, as you do.
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't care less what happened before, nothing excuses this miscreant's actions. That is not a valid response to anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He touched her when he tried to push her away. I would have thought that was what she was referring to, the fact that he had the audacity to try and fight back.

You simply don't know what led up to this situation, so your conclusions are imaginary. What she did is still disgusting, whatever the reasons, but we don't know the reasons: the information isn't there.
  • peroquilperoquil Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Couldn't care less what happened before, nothing excuses this miscreant's actions. That is not a valid response to anything.

It is if he sexually assaulted her as she claimed. Good for her. He only got pushed over.

Big "if" though. But not as absolute as you suggest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    He touched her when he tried to push her away.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that she was taking the piss out of him or something, maybe getting in his face, so he tried to push her away, and inadvertently touched her boob, which she then used as an "excuse" for "defending herself from a paedo".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, we've only seen one side of the story. It clearly wasn't a random attack as implied in the article, we don't know why she was so angry.

Irrelevant. Anger is not a defence to assault.

-And it is impossible to argue that spitting at someone on the ground is an act of self defence, even if everything else she did was lawful self defence, which it almost certainly wasn't.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,118
    Forum Member
    Was it a 1D fan? :eek:
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    proviso wrote: »
    Irrelevant. Anger is not a defence to assault.

-And it is impossible to argue that spitting at someone on the ground is an act of self defence, even if everything else she did was lawful self defence, which it almost certainly wasn't.

It clearly wasn't self defence as she struck the first blow (although he was confronting her about something), but my point was that the whole story could be looked at differently if before what we saw in the video, he had groped her breast.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope someone beats her up. You don't hit 80 year olds
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    proviso wrote: »
    Still wouldn't be a defence in law so why should I care?

As I said earlier, whatever her reason, her actions are disgusting. But it is still enlightening to discover the reasons for those actions, no? And that would be the purpose of a trial.
  • thebtmanthebtman Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is pointless. There will only be two sides to this thread.

1 - She is nuts and should be locked up

2 - He did something to ask for it

Noone will know what sparked it unless its released!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It clearly wasn't self defence as she struck the first blow (although he was confronting her about something), but my point was that the whole story could be looked at differently if before what we saw in the video, he had groped her breast.

I think the possibility of him having grabbed her breast first is zero. He touched her in his attempt to protect himself by pushing her away.

Those of you who would rather make up scenarios where the old man is a sexual predator Instead of the innocent victim of an attack say more about your own attitudes than anything else. You claim to be even handed and not jumping to conclusions. Yeh right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how did you manage to arrive at this from "maybe she felt she had been inappropriately touched" ?.

Hardly "explaining away" is it ?.

You snipped my post. He touched her when he was trying to defend himself. That isn't inappropriate touching. She had already started beating him up.