Options

Michael Jackson - Xscape (2014 album)

Comments

• Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    s_mirage wrote: »
    Probably. I've seen albums go to 80 before but technically they are right on the edge of the spec. I've never ran into anything that can't read them properly but that possibility exists. It's a bit strange though. If it was an 80s release I could understand the caution but wasn't that album released in 2001. No drives from that era should have a problem reading an 80 minute disc.
    and with the full version of Carousel it would have been about 75 minutes..so does seem a bit odd
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xscape goes straight in at no.1 in the album charts. :)
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Box wrote: »
    The version with Justin Timberlake though is terrible.

Couldn't agree more :D
  • Options
    TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How disappointing the hologram performance was. They may as well have got an MJ impersonator to perform as that's what the hologram looked like, a very poor likeness. I had high expectations for this.
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The face looked a bit CGI to me. Was strange to watch but kinda cool. :)
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked what it was..
    a white MJ impersonator

The moves were so stilled and the nose was completely different
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "A Place with no Name" is fantastic - what a way to sort of re-create what was already a classic!

http://youtu.be/sZ4nSXnOvZc
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJ's single 'Lover Never Felt So Good' is now at number 8 in the top 40. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love Chicago and Loving You
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I absolutely adore this entire album, the original and new versions of all the songs. Feels like Michael is back with us (wish he was). This is such a fabulous tribute to him, and brings his music to a whole new generation. Can't stop listening to this while watching videos of him on YouTube. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I love this album! Been waiting 5 years for a credible release from the MJ estate :D I'm loving Love Never Felt So Good, Chicago, Loving You, A Place With No Name & Blue Gangsta. But there's two of the demos I like better and that's Xscape & A Place With No Name (yes I like it just as much as the remix!).
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    Anyone think the inclusion of track 'Do You Know Where Your Children Are' is rather ironic or in unintentional bad taste given the sex crimes allegations made against Jackson? The song includes the lyrics:

Had MJ not died I wonder if he'd have left that song in the archives? I guess so. He always maintained he was innocent and never abused children (there's been new allegations made about Jackson) but it does seem an inappropriate choice of song to put on a post-death Jackson album. Sony might be showing Jackson a bit of disrespect, perhaps. The song itself is quite good, though.

Nothing controversial at all. After all...he was found INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES!
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit reluctant to admit that I love the album.
  • Options
    TheBigBoyTheBigBoy Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Ray_Smith wrote: »
    MJ's single 'Lover Never Felt So Good' is now at number 8 in the top 40. :)

My favourite Michael Jackson song, it's amazing that the song is years old but sounds so good
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this album! Been waiting 5 years for a credible release from the MJ estate :D I'm loving Love Never Felt So Good, Chicago, Loving You, A Place With No Name & Blue Gangsta. But there's two of the demos I like better and that's Xscape & A Place With No Name (yes I like it just as much as the remix!).

That's correct, and in my opinion that's exactly what eh was...innocent. However, I don't believe for a second that if he was alive he would have wanted a song called "Do You Know Where You're Children Are At?" on the album. I mean, would you want that on your album if practically the world had accused you of what he was accused of, even if you were found innocent?!! I love the album so much, but really it's just a money making exercise for Sony.
  • Options
    gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's correct, and in my opinion that's exactly what eh was...innocent. However, I don't believe for a second that if he was alive he would have wanted a song called "Do You Know Where You're Children Are At?" on the album. I mean, would you want that on your album if practically the world had accused you of what he was accused of, even if you were found innocent?!! I love the album so much, but really it's just a money making exercise for Sony.

Or at least stuck with the working title "12 O Clock"... I mean, we know it's from his pre-allegations, but the general public aren't going to know that and be like... erm?? :confused:
    Even I was shocked at them putting it on there, even though it's a really good track!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hoping this thread doesn't get derailed and turned into yet another 'he's guilty/not guilty' one.
  • Options
    zantarouszantarous Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the album so much, but really it's just a money making exercise for Sony.

So what do you expect Sony to do? Not release the album? Not let MJs children make money from their fathers work? You like the album but it is a excuse for Sony to make money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the album so much, but really it's just a money making exercise for Sony.

As is every single album that Sony has ever released, and ever will release.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zantarous wrote: »
    So what do you expect Sony to do? Not release the album? Not let MJs children make money from their fathers work? You like the album but it is a excuse for Sony to make money?

I don't think they meant it like that, just that there probably wasn't THAT much consideration from the label's perspective if they chose a track like that to go on the album (with the controversy).

I do agree though, if it was less of a money exercise from the label/estate, they'd probably have added at least 3 more tracks to the standard edition... There's plenty of other tracks that have leaked over the past 10 years that would translate as well as the tracks on here (and that's not even counting however many more songs that are in his vaults).
    And the way LA Reid is banging on about Justin Bieber doing a "duet" with him, I expect to see some ridiculous attempt at either a re-release of Slave to The Rhythm (after that AWFUL leak) or him being on the next release's lead single. :(
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am intrigued to see what this material will be like?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I am intrigued to see what this material will be like?

well it's out now :p:D

If you're not wanting to buy it, you'll be able to stream like 1:30 of each track on iTunes :) and the single "Love Never Felt So Good" is on VEVO to watch/listen :)
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do You Know Where Your Children Are? has blatantly got nothing to do with MJ's personal life, so what's the problem with it? He would have released it himself eventually, I'm sure. It's a brilliant MJ track!

In fact, I'm so relieved that there are a few genuinely classic MJ songs on this album. It could easily have been a collection of throwaways put on sale just for the sake of it. Sony obviously won't think so, but the primary reason of putting this out is a celebration of MJ. :)
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

no he wasn't
    That's correct, .

no it's not. there is no such verdict
    Tribute wrote: »
    Hoping this thread doesn't get derailed and turned into yet another 'he's guilty/not guilty' one.

that makes your post a bit ironic don't you think? why keep on bringing it up?

why not just discuss the actual album and discuss the child abuse case on another thread? he's dead now and other people took old material to make a new release. you can separate the music from the rest
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still hijacking threads on MJ? You seriously need a hobby or something. Preferably one that doesn't involve the King of Pop
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unique wrote: »
    no he wasn't

no it's not. there is no such verdict

that makes your post a bit ironic don't you think? why keep on bringing it up?

why not just discuss the actual album and discuss the child abuse case on another thread? he's dead now and other people took old material to make a new release. you can separate the music from the rest

He was found NOT GUILTY