Options

Beko Fridge/Freezer CDA 543F

Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
Forum Member
✭✭
I had a new Fridge/Freezer in November 2011 and it is fab.

I have noticed just lately the motor seems to be running a lot. Everytime I go in the kitchen, it is on, I open the fridge or freezer and shut it and then it comes on again. I have put thermostats in both fridge and freezer and the fridge is about the right temperature but the freezer is slightly colder but not hugely colder.

I used to have it on 2 but have turned it down to minimum now. The black cage type things that is at the back of the fridge/freezer feels quite warm when the motor is running. When I turn the dial, from maximum to minimum, there isnt a clicking noise and I wondered if the dial isnt working properly. If you have this fridge/freezer, does your dial click as you turn it to where it gets to the point where the motor switches off?

Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    They came out and changed a small device on my Beko fridge/freezer. Before that it used to make a humming squeaky sound.
  • Options
    Mad HatterMad Hatter Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your comments. I must say my fridge/freezer makes some right strange weird noises at times!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine makes some crazy noises....sometimes it bubbles, other times you will close the door and you can hear it creating the vacuum and the fridge sounds like it is cracking!!!!

Mine is a Beko CF7914APS
  • Options
    AlphaKAlphaK Posts: 3,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the increase in motor activity corresponded to an increase in the air temp?
    If the air temp is higher then the fridge / freezeer will work harder to maintain then correct temperatures inside.
    I would say that your appliance is working correctly.
  • Options
    Black BoxBlack Box Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get it checked by a professional if you're concerned. It's almost impossible for people on a forum to diagnose a fault with the appliance.