Options

SAW films on tv ?

Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
Forum Member
✭✭
How many SAW films are there, and how many of them have been shown on TERRESTRIAL television ?

Comments

• Options
    intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Imdb.com and viewfilm.net are your friends.
  • Options
    nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    There are 7 saw films and I would guess only 1 or 2 of them have been on terrestrial over the years. I remember SAW (the first) was on ch4 or ch5 a few years ago.

SAW was a grossly overused franchise with a new movie each year. The movies were "blockbusters" nonetheless. So they would have commanded a large license fee for channels to show, something terrestrial channels wouldn't have been able to shell out on for a movie of SAW's reputation and age restrictions. Considering they rely on high viewing numbers and ad revenue unlike sky movies where there model is more premium channels and on demand.

There is actually another SAW in the making at the moment from what I understand, meaning the "final chapter" wasn't actually the final.

http://www.trailer-geek.com - My blog where I tend to ramble on about movies like this!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Saw 1 & 2 are regularly shown on Channel 4. But then it switched distributors, and I don't think Saws 3 onwards have been shown in the past few years (if it all)
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw The Final Chapter was shown on ch5 last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think SAW III was on one of the ITV channels the other night.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    The final Saw film has been shown, but the one before it hasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just type Saw into the search box on viewfilm.net and it shows you. All of the films except 5 & 6 have been shown in recent months, those two haven't been on terrestrial yet.
  • Options
    nathanpaynenathanpayne Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    intruder2k wrote: »
    Just type Saw into the search box on viewfilm.net and it shows you. All of the films except 5 & 6 have been shown in recent months, those two haven't been on terrestrial yet.

Thats a great wee site!
  • Options
    IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that they all have been on TV. I've seen Saw on Ch4 and I watched Saw 2 before that at the cinema. I keep catching the end of some of them. I caught the end of Saw 3 on 4 but I thought was crap. Saw 4 was on months back and so I watched from the beginning and turned it over onto plus 1 because I thought it was pretty decent. Saw 6 was on channel 4 the other day and it looked vile. I don't what that guy did but no one deserves to be pumped with corrosive acid.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i have them all on dvd :)..But most have been on tv...film 4 is one to look out for as i see them being shown on there
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw 6 is on 4Music on the 26th November.

Saw 5 was on a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw 6 is on 4Music on the 26th November.

Saw 5 was on a couple of weeks ago.

On the music channel? Wow. I'd like to have them all on my tivo box
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Need to show more on TV of this franchise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All 7 films have been on Freeview this year, seems like a fair showing to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Need to show more on TV of this franchise.

I think that this film series is underrated. I don't think that all of them are great films, but I think that they're pretty good compared to a lot of other films that are overrated. I also think that the film critics tend to be overly harsh on this film franchise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the music channel? Wow. I'd like to have them all on my tivo box

Yes on the music channel, which I thought was a bit weird too.
    But it was shown about a week ago, maybe on Channel 4. But I missed it so I've set my recorder for the repeat tomorrow, the 26th.
    I just hope that the image quality on 4Music is good enough for the picture to hold up. Because some channels on Freeview aren't up to it and the picture often looks terribly blurred and lo-res.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    intruder2k wrote: »
    All 7 films have been on Freeview this year, seems like a fair showing to me.

Maybe now, but this thread was started back in June.