Options

iPhone 6 with big screen (leaked pictures "allegedly")

Comments

• Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    I'm not debating just asking you a simple question what "small part of the market" are they targeting? as it is so small should be easy to pinpoint and explain
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    I'm not debating just asking you a simple question what "small part of the market" are they targeting? as it is so small should be easy to pinpoint and explain

In the US, it is the higher paid (+$75000), higher educated. I expect it is the same in most other places.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So Apple have produced a phone for high paid and higher educated? wow low paid stupid people must have been really insulted when Apple announced this as a target market. How did they break this strategy to their customers then?

Also how come so many poor and stupid yanks have them then?
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rather obviously the part of the market that wants to spend as much on a phone as iPhones cost.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Apple have produced a phone for high paid and higher educated? wow low paid stupid people must have been really insulted when Apple announced this as a target market. How did they break this strategy to their customers then?

I'd be interested to see this announcement.

Do you have a link?

This is becoming like Father Ted explaining to Dougal the difference between small cows and cows that are far away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You don't have to announce anything. It is natural selection.

I didn't know there was a 'poor' and 'stupid yanks' demographic, tell me more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do expensive products magically become inexpensive when poor people buy them?

Logic seems to have deserted us again - i.e. the fact that less well off people on expensive products. Therefore the products are not expensive.

Bonkers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see this announcement.

Do you have a link?

This is becoming like Father Ted explaining to Dougal the difference between small cows and cows that are far away.

I'm sure kidspud must have unless he made it up, do you think he did?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »
    You don't have to announce anything. It is natural selection.

I didn't know there was a 'poor' and 'stupid yanks' demographic, tell me more?

Natural selection, does that make any sense to anyone.

So did you make this up kidspud, I think perhaps you did :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bonkers.

Never told us what this small market is, any chance you can do so?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never told us what this small market is, any chance you can do so?

Sorry I thought I had. My bad.

Rather obviously the part of the market that wants to spend as much on a phone as iPhones cost.

As opposed to the entire market which would include everyone who wants to spend any amount on any phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natural selection, does that make any sense to anyone.

So did you make this up kidspud, I think perhaps you did :)

Did I make up the 'poor' and 'stupid yanks' demographic. No, it was you that made that rather strange comment.

Did I make up the high income, highly educated demographic, no.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Why do Apple fans seek to compare to cars especially costly, performance ones. The iphone is not a BMW, Rolls, Bently, Ferrari possibly a Capri with go faster stripes.

The Iphone is an Audi - under the skin it's the same as a VW/Skoda/Seat but it's got a classy look and a premium badge on the front.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you mean a chasis that scratches easily and average innards
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry I thought I had. My bad.

As opposed to the entire market which would include everyone who wants to spend any amount on any phone.

So apple have managed not only to find people willing to pay over the odds for a phone but pay whatever apple want them to.

They are pure genius.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you mean a chasis that scratches easily and average innards

That's the one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did I make up the 'poor' and 'stupid yanks' demographic. No, it was you that made that rather strange comment.

Did I make up the high income, highly educated demographic, no.

Didn't you so how did they come to the wage threshold you quoted and what was the threshold for education required to own an iPhone?

This is truly fascinating stuff a wage and education criteria for sales wow.

So when do they plan to actually implement this plan then as it clearly is not in operation yet.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So apple have managed not only to find people willing to pay over the odds for a phone but pay whatever apple want them to.

They are pure genius.

Not quite what I said, but then completely twisting people's words, and tying discussions in knots is what trolling is all about. Its quite the art.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You mean it was the very thing you didn't mean to say, too late now oops ;-)
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    In the US, it is the higher paid (+$75000), higher educated. I expect it is the same in most other places.

Apple aren't targeting any demographic. They release a phone and anyone is free to buy it. I think its fair to say the vast majority get an iPhone on a contract free or for a very small price like any other phone.

Richness doesn't come into it. That theory about the upper class, I think was codswallop in the first place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Apple aren't targeting any demographic. They release a phone and anyone is free to buy it. I think its fair to say the vast majority get an iPhone on a contract free or for a very small price like any other phone.

Richness doesn't come into it. That theory about the upper class, I think was codswallop in the first place.

What theory about upper class?
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the risk of wandering in to something i've paid little attention to :D

Apparently it's now rumoured that there will be a 128gb option for the new phone.

http://www.t3.com/news/apple-iphone-6-phablet-could-come-with-128gb-storage

It's something i've always personally wanted with a handset, but it's still not going to make me consider such a larger screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the risk of wandering in to something i've paid little attention to :D

Apparently it's now rumoured that there will be a 128gb option for the new phone.

http://www.t3.com/news/apple-iphone-6-phablet-could-come-with-128gb-storage

It's something i've always personally wanted with a handset, but it's still not going to make me consider such a larger screen.

Nice (and I'm sure expensive) option. I also think it would be better if the base option was 32gb.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice (and I'm sure expensive) option. I also think it would be better if the base option was 32gb.

Well it does say in that article that they'll be phasing out the 16gb option as it's no longer viable so If that's the case then you may well be spot on.

I personally couldn't have anything less than 64gb - I need all my music on my phone :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Apple aren't targeting any demographic. They release a phone and anyone is free to buy it.

They will be targeting certain demographics - the way it's marketed and sold will be targeted.

Obviously that doesn't mean that people that don't fall into a certain demographic won't buy one but products/marketing is generally always targeted to try and make it effective.

Products can often be very similar to each other but marketed and sold to different demographics.

An example would be (and I know Mr Sword will love this car example) VW who sell under their own name, Seat, Skoda and Audi. All pretty much the same car but to different demographics of the market.