Options

Nashville Season 2 - More4 - UK PACE [No Spoilers]

Comments

• Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    quick question - have anyone purchased any of the Nashville cd's?

just wondering if the Zoey/Gunnar/Avery song was on there because I cant remember what its called :blush::blush::blush:

There's 2 songs from the three of them on the season 2 volume 2 soundtrack I LOVED them both I Ain't Leaving Without Your Love & Hennessee :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I thought when Maddie wanted Deacon to join them on stage, it would set the younger daughter off, given the chat she'd had with Teddy about how confusing she was finding the situation, but she seemed pleased as punch.

I hope Scarlett doean't leave, she's pure soap opera and an asset to the show.

And Hayden is getting more beautiful.
    Agree - and with the Army Jacket, icing on the Cake.;-)

Great episode this week, but Jeff has to go, he's annoying me.>:(

Liked the new Waitress.;-)
    Will & Layla - The End.:(

And quality time with Deacon & Maddie - ahhhhh! - did like the 'Family' tune.:cool:
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Agree - and with the Army Jacket, icing on the Cake.;-)

Great episode this week, but Jeff has to go, he's annoying me.>:(

Liked the new Waitress.;-)
    Will & Layla - The End.:(

And quality time with Deacon & Maddie - ahhhhh! - did like the 'Family' tune.:cool:

Ditto! I absolutely agree with you all.

Really hope that Will and Layla GO!!!!!
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought the best scene was Juliette in the shower trying to wash away all traces of Jeff
    I felt I needed to be there to comfort her :blush:
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nyannie wrote: »
    Ditto! I absolutely agree with you all.

Really hope that Will and Layla GO!!!!!

Layla should go, definitely. Will should just bite the bullet and come out. Maybe Rayna would sign him to Highway 65.

I really like Gunnar and Zoey as a couple, I hope he doesn't start veering back towards Scarlett again.

And I think Maddie and Daphne should go to boarding school :D;-)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Thought the best scene was Juliette in the shower trying to wash away all traces of Jeff
    I felt I needed to be there to comfort her :blush:
    ....and help wash Jeff away.;-) - imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layla should go, definitely. Will should just bite the bullet and come out. Maybe Rayna would sign him to Highway 65.

I really like Gunnar and Zoey as a couple, I hope he doesn't start veering back towards Scarlett again.

I suspect that Will inviting reality-show cameras into his home might just be one way to get that closet door kicked wide open ;)

Your boarding school idea is pure genius. If I find out who we need to pay to make that happen we could have a whip-round :D

I'm disappointed in how they have failed to develop Layla - at the start of the series, when she was Juliette's bright new competition and a devious bitch to boot, she had real potential, and with Juliette's career hitting the skids they could have done some great stuff with that, but they forgot about her for about ten shows then turned her all whiny. As much as I love the show, some of the writing and characterisation this season was all over the shop, and at times it felt like plot lines were being drawn out of a hat.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    There's 2 songs from the three of them on the season 2 volume 2 soundtrack I LOVED them both I Ain't Leaving Without Your Love & Hennessee :D

thank you
  • Options
    Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aww, Daphne's just so cute, I would miss her. Trouble is she never appears without her tedious moany elder sister. I'll chip in for the boarding school fees for her (Maddie.) Preferably one where they keep the kids there 52 weeks a year!

I'm really sorry Squirrel seems to be leaving - she has the best voice on the show. (Maybe a soon-to-be-available Avery will be able to change her mind?)
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm disappointed in how they have failed to develop Layla - at the start of the series, when she was Juliette's bright new competition and a devious bitch to boot, she had real potential

I agree. When I first read about her, as the new season was approaching, I thought it would be great to see her trying to steal Juliette's crown. Alas, she kind of got left aside before just becoming an instrument in Will's sexuality storyline, not really developing her own character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I agree. When I first read about her, as the new season was approaching, I thought it would be great to see her trying to steal Juliette's crown. Alas, she kind of got left aside before just becoming an instrument in Will's sexuality storyline, not really developing her own character.

This is very true. If they had gone with the first idea of her being young, ambitious, out to "replace" Juliette, she would have been a lot more interesting as a character rather than just being a pawn in the Will is gay SL. Her voice does nothing for me, though, the weakest of all the singers imo.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her voice does nothing for me, though, the weakest of all the singers imo.

True, but that works for her character background, being runner up on a TV talent show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Aww, Daphne's just so cute, I would miss her. Trouble is she never appears without her tedious moany elder sister. I'll chip in for the boarding school fees for her (Maddie.) Preferably one where they keep the kids there 52 weeks a year!

I'm really sorry Squirrel seems to be leaving - she has the best voice on the show. (Maybe a soon-to-be-available Avery will be able to change her mind?)

I'm hoping so too. Count me in too for the boarding school fees. Don't think Maddie is much of an actress although both girls can sing!

Also agree with a previous poster that Layla hasn't been developed. I do hope that next series Will and Layla will disappear and that Scarlett and Avery get back together - they seem a better match than Juliette and Avery. Perhaps Scarlett will also sing with the band. . .

Cannot wait for Thursday night and season finale. I read somewhere that this was filmed before they knew if the series was going to be renewed. Really hope it ties up loose ends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we are all decided then - Maddie is off to boarding school!! Maybe a nice finishing school in Switzerland would do the job. And Teddy could move over there to keep an eye on her.

Daphne can stay as long as she stops bursting into song at inopportune moments, it really has to stop!!

Am really looking forward to the big finale on Thursday night, hope Luke shows his true colours. Is he staying on for another year, does anyone know??

And this can't be the end of Scarlett, surely. She would be a big loss to the show. I don't think I want her back with Avery though - he is better suited to Juliette I think, but she has probably ruined it now. I always thought Scarlett worked best with Gunnar but I really like Zoey and so am torn.

I too think that Will might regret the camera in his house. Maybe he will get caught "working out" with his new trainer!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maddie and Daphne wouldnt be so bad if they didnt keep bursting into cringyworthy songs every 5 seconds :p;-):o:D:)
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am really looking forward to the big finale on Thursday night, hope Luke shows his true colours. Is he staying on for another year, does anyone know??!

An article published back in March said that if there was a third season Oliver Hudson (Jeff) and Will Chase (Luke) would be promoted to series regulars
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blossom85 wrote: »
    An article published back in March said that if there was a third season Oliver Hudson (Jeff) and Will Chase (Luke) would be promoted to series regulars

Thanks for that. Not sure how I feel about it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Blossom85 wrote: »

They seem to be regulars now!!!!
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just bought the album volume two. Listen to it in car on way to work. Really great songs. First one I've bought. Favourites on it are black roses and don't put dirt on my grave just yet. Such a catchy tune. Don't know how well the album is doing. Sad thing is if the show gets axed then no more albums which would be massive shame because the songs on the show are fantastic.
  • Options
    DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure what I made of the finale. It just seemed a little bit boring if I am being honest. It's a shame as I really enjoyed this season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC1983 wrote: »
    Not sure what I made of the finale. It just seemed a little bit boring if I am being honest. It's a shame as I really enjoyed this season.

I quite enjoyed it. Lots and lots of loose ends ~ if they hadn't been granted a third series it would have been infuriating as no-one's story was finished off.

Lots & lots of hints that there might be something nefarious between Luke & Jeff. And as if it wasn't almost impossible, Luke is now even creepier in my book as I find public proposals very manipulative, as you're essentially forcing the proposee to say 'yes'.

When is the next series due?????? I need to know who Rayna chooses! I need to know what happens with Juliette and Avery!!! Are Gunnar and Scarlett going to be a 'thing' again?????

Arrrgggghhhhh, so long to wait! :(
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite enjoyed it. Lots and lots of loose ends ~ if they hadn't been granted a third series it would have been infuriating as no-one's story was finished off.

Lots & lots of hints that there might be something nefarious between Luke & Jeff. And as if it wasn't almost impossible, Luke is now even creepier in my book as I find public proposals very manipulative, as you're essentially forcing the proposee to say 'yes'.

When is the next series due?????? I need to know who Rayna chooses! I need to know what happens with Juliette and Avery!!! Are Gunnar and Scarlett going to be a 'thing' again?????

Well it depends if you watch US pace then it's only a few months wait to get the answers but if you watch UK pace then it'll be a whole lot longer :D I for one can't wait so will be watching US pace in September and hopefully finding out that Rayna chooses Deacon and that Juliette and Avery can work out their problems and get back together :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I have to agree with you, but was disappointed as no loose ends were tied up. Very unsatisfying if they hadn't been renewed.

I still think Luke and Jeff are in cahoots to destroy Rayna in some way. Luke is all too slick. I suspect Juliette and Avery will get back together and that Teddy will be relegated to a minor role. I also think that Jeff and Will will get together too. As for Rayna and Deacon - hope they get together sooner rather than later.

Don't think it will be back in the UK until after Christmas. Hope it is before though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

too. many. loose. ends!!

Rayna SAY YES!!!! you know your heart belongs to Deacon, it always has and it always will

poor Juliette - I hope Avery forgives her..........

Will :o

there is definately something going on between Jeff and Luke - did you see Lukes face when Raynas manager (cant remember his name) told her about the GMA, he almost but not quite hid his smirk of delight

roll on season 3!!
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed that this season has finished - it will be a long wait for the next one I fear. I just hope that it is actually shown on a channel I receive and doesn't move to a paid for channel.

I was hoping for a final song by Gunnar and Scarlett, but felt that the performance lacked the magic of their early songs.

Good to see that Jeff's plans failed and not surprised to see that Will's big reveal to Layla was captured on camera - now, how will it be used?

If there wasn't another series I would in my mind think that the link between Jeff and Luke is revealed; Deacon and Rayna get together; Juliette and Avery reconcile; Gunnar and Scarlett manage to write songs together; Maddie grows up and understands that continuing with school does not mean that she will never have a career.