Options

Is camping tramping?

rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
Forum Member
✭✭
Basically your sleeping rough outside like a tramp without a bathroom, toilet or any thing much else hygiene wise.

Comments

• Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this means we come from a long line of homeless tramps? Who would have provided the price of a cup of tea guv? And did they spend their days in the park drinking special brew?
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    rufusrain wrote: »
    Basically your sleeping rough outside like a tramp without a bathroom, toilet or any thing much else hygiene wise.

My, your desperation for a response, any response, is really starting to show.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No.
    End of thread.... Love camping.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    campsites have loos, generally and most have showers and wild camping is not legal in england so it`s a no from me.
  • Options
    coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

Camping might not be to everyone's taste, but it certainly beats living under a bridge waiting for Billy Goats Gruff.
  • Options
    rufusrainrufusrain Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    campsites have loos, generally and most have showers and wild camping is not legal in england so it`s a no from me.

Your sleeping in a shop doorway and you can walk couple of mins to public loo. It's the same thing.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Your sleeping in a shop doorway and you can walk couple of mins to public loo. It's the same thing.

no, it really isn`t.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    You've obviously never been to a decent campsite with toilets, showers, a shop and a bar. It's perfectly civilised and a bloody cheap holiday.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it is, dear.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've obviously never been to a decent campsite with toilets, showers, a shop and a bar. It's perfectly civilised and a bloody cheap holiday.

Really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as camping.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about tbh
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    Tramping literally means "travelling and doing work wherever you find it". It's not really derogatory. A tramp steamer hardly ever goes into its home port, as its always taking cargo wherever it has to go.

So camping can be tramping, if that's how you roll.
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Is camping tramping thread trolling...
  • Options
    collitcollit Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wind up, or you're completely deranged.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am off camping tomorrow. 30 odd of us have hired a whole small campsite in Norfolk, gonnabe great fun :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surprisingly most camp sites have toilets and showers :)
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am off camping tomorrow. 30 odd of us have hired a whole small campsite in Norfolk, gonnabe great fun :)

Hope the weather stays fine for you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Hope the weather stays fine for you :)

Thanks, it will be great fun no matter the weather!! :D
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going camping on Sunday. the site has showers toilets, washing up facilities, a laundry, a shop and even a pub.
    Our tent is huge, it has an electric hook up, we have a little fridge and a double stove, a camp-bed, chairs, a radio and there is wi-fi throughout the site.

So to answer the question, no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We love camping, but bad memories of Norfolk I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope you have a great time though.
  • Options
    Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An ex got me into camping.

Our first trip was to Three Cliffs Bay on the Gower peninsula near Swansea. It's a beautiful place, and we camped right on the top of the cliff. The campsite had clean showers and toilets, and a well stocked shop.

We had 2 days exploring this beautiful area, and one night we had a BBQ overlooking the bay and across to North Devon in the far distance.

Watching the sun go down with a glass or six of wine, hearing the sea, and seeing the twinkling lights of Ilfracombe over the Bristol Channel was something I will always remember.

I've had several camping trips since to sites on the Yorkshire coast, Yorkshire Dales, Derbyshire, Rutland, Lincolnshire, and Cambridgeshire, and loved them all.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    toastie wrote: »
    I am going camping on Sunday. the site has showers toilets, washing up facilities, a laundry, a shop and even a pub.
    Our tent is huge, it has an electric hook up, we have a little fridge and a double stove, a camp-bed, chairs, a radio and there is wi-fi throughout the site.

So to answer the question, no.

Don't like camping then, you need your home comforts.
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically this thread leaves us with a question, Where did I put that roll eyes smiley?
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Don't like camping then, you need your home comforts.

It's still camping.