just started watching this
    already intrigued
    as well as his accent and his GUUUUURNING smiley face :D
    also the little effects and how they look onscreen
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind him not being British, after all, we managed to get Charles Xavier and Magneto when neither one of them should speak the old Queen's English. And then there's Loki... so I'm happy to let this one slide:D
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind him not being British, after all, we managed to get Charles Xavier and Magneto when neither one of them should speak the old Queen's English. And then there's Loki... so I'm happy to let this one slide:D

He is British though, Welsh in fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    He is British though, Welsh in fact.

I don't mind him doing an accent then:p:D
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,102
    Forum Member

I 'think' he's doing a Manchester accent in the show. He certainly sounds a bit Liam Gallager :)

Didn't realise that it was Lucy Griffiths though. I thought she looked familiar :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. The show has an actor for the part and they've done the pilot and the actor is Welsh and he is talking with his natural voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    I 'think' he's doing a Manchester accent in the show. He certainly sounds a bit Liam Gallager :)

Didn't realise that it was Lucy Griffiths though. I thought she looked familiar :)

Nah, he's using his normal Welsh voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure we're on the same page here. The show has an actor for the part and they've done the pilot and the actor is Welsh and he is talking with his natural voice.

Okay, epic facepalm from me, I read the OP wrong and somehow ended up assuming the TV show actor was going to be American. My bad:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, epic facepalm from me, I read the OP wrong and somehow ended up assuming the TV show actor was going to be American. My bad:blush:

Haha, no worries. I figured you didn't know about the actor anyway so it's all good.
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    really liked the first episode, the hard bitten PI schtick from constantine is pretty funny, he's seen it all and all that, just the right side of giving a damn :D
  • Options
    MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrisE wrote: »
    Anyone catch the web download.

I don't know much about the character, (I have got the film on DVD somewhere), but it could have been an episode of Supernatural.

Has it taken too long to get to TV?

The trailer looks ggod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPE2oBnzROY

I'll be watching here:

http://www.nbc.com/constantine
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Deadline report that NBC's Constantine show has gained a trio of impressive new cast members. Joining Matt Ryan as the titular foul mouthed occultist will be Lucy Griffiths as Liv,

She's been written out after the Pilot.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank god
    She was the worst part of the trailer

She was wooden in Robin hood and True blood. I am sure she would be worse in here. Plus her american accent was terrible.
  • Options
    nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I don't think they should be bound by nationality for a character, they should be able to do as they see fit and best for their interpretation.

Okay, then Constantine should at least be portrayed as British, and make some attempt to look like the character. It was really annoying that Keanu Reeves couldn't be bothered to dye his hair, or put on a blonde wig. Imagine how fans of Superman would feel if here were to be played by Hugh Lawrie, with a British accent and ginger wig! Surely, getting the character as authentic as possible is vital to making the new version the success that Mr Reeves version wasn't?