Another reason why i choose Apple..........

Comments

• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    There are Samsung shops same as there are Apple.

In any event where i buy the phone from i would expect them to replace the faulty item.

I have only had one phone 'break' on me and was replaced on line in 4 days, probably a lot faster than any Apple appointment system.

Further most manufacturers (excluding Apple) offer a two year manufacturer warranty which offers additional peace of mind.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I mean if I have a Samsung phone that is faulty where is there a Samsung customer contact center that I can walk into? How exactly do I get directly to the manufacterers?

Also you can get drop in appointments at Apple stores and walk out with a replacement phone there and then. An appointment is the better way to go but it is possible to just walk in during quiet times and be seen by an Apple rep.

Your contract is with who sold you the device. Not the manufacturer.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    jchamier wrote: »
    That's a poor job by Sony, but its not unique to them. In fact the apple experience is so different to almost every other consumer electronics company, and its good when you only have postal and phone contact, better with a store. Not everyone is happy with apple though, and they certainly are not perfect - but they do have a different angle.

Sony suck, I wouldn't buy anything made by them.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Lidtop2013 wrote: »
    Why did i mention them? because i feel that the level of CS from Apple is way ahead of anyone else, simply because you dont have to send the phone off and wait for weeks/months without you brand new shiney phone that you've just bought, even then you could get a refurb etc. Just saying i think all manufacturers should be able to sort you out in a store.

You feel? So that makes it correct?

Sorry to say, but it isn't. Like I said, I've had bad cs from apple, but afterwards on another visit I had great. I've had good and bad from Samsung. Sony for me on the first issue were superb.

Bad cs happens from all companies.
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Apple has very good customer service in my experience.

Just because you wasn't aware of something, that doesn't make the customer service bad.

Appointments aren't always necessary either.

Actually it does.

From the few times I've been to them, an appointment was always needed. They refused to see me without one and reiterated several times an appointment was needed for an apparent genius to see the device.
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Actually it does.

From the few times I've been to them, an appointment was always needed. They refused to see me without one and reiterated several times an appointment was needed for an apparent genius to see the device.

It depends on how busy the store is.

What store did you visit?

I've been a few times and they've seen me without an appointment...
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the issues I had actually logging my S3 was faulty I can't fault Samsung's service. I raised it via Facebook as I'd tried 3 times to log a repair and 3 times nothing happened. They phoned me on a Friday afternoon, the packaging arrived on Tuesday, I posted it on Wednesday and got confirmation Thursday AM that it'd arrived. I then got a text from DPD on Thursday PM saying my phone would be delivered on the Friday. As I was at work I had to wait until the follow Wednesday to get the phone delivered. All back and working OK, and the only reason I had to wait a week for it was because I was working!! It was my phone, not a new one, but as I now have an S5 this is a spare until I decide what to do with it.

I don't call that bad service!
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, I mean if I have a Samsung phone that is faulty where is there a Samsung customer contact center that I can walk into? How exactly do I get directly to the manufacterers?

Also you can get drop in appointments at Apple stores and walk out with a replacement phone there and then. An appointment is the better way to go but it is possible to just walk in during quiet times and be seen by an Apple rep.

When my samsung was faulty I took it to the samsung store in Westfield. They refused to replace it (it was only 7months old) and sent it away for repair. It took 8 days.

If you have been to the store, you would understand why appointments are not needed. It was very quiet.
    Forum Member
    AlecR wrote: »
    It depends on how busy the store is.

What store did you visit?

I've been a few times and they've seen me without an appointment...

Aberdeen and Glasgow. Both wouldn't see us without an appointment.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Yes i do and if i don't want to wait weeks for an appointment and be without a phone perhaps a better option.

Funny that when you receive a faulty item - people think it is acceptable for the customer to have to wait until the manufacturer is good and ready to see you - before any action can be undertaken with regard to your rights.

You wouldn't have to wait weeks for an appointment.

You could arrange to send it to Apple. Which is incredibly easy, as they will send you the appropriate packaging, you pop the item in, and off it goes.

Or you could take it an authorised Apple service provider.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually it does.

Without meaning to start an argument, that does leave me wondering why you turned up a few times, making the same mistake. If they told you after the first time that you needed an appointment, it might have been an idea to make one the second and third times.

Or take it an authorised service centre instead, where I'm sure you could have taken it and left it, just as you might do with, for example, any other product, at, for example, Currys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird pointless drivel.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    prking wrote: »
    Astonishing - if it was another company refusing to help one of their customers because they didn't have an appointment I'm sure you would rightly say it was poor customer service.

Say I was to return a faulty TV to Currys (for example) and they told me that weren't going to help because I didn't have an appointment. That would be poor. customer service and its the same with Apple.

They aren't refusing to help you though. They have a way of going about things.

I had an issue with my iPhone 5S. I was in and out of the store within 15 minutes with a brand new phone. Great customer service.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to be honest. This is one of the things that's kept me with apple since the iPhone 4. Before that I'd have a new phone every 6 months.

But before, if the phone developed a fault i'd have to send it off. Even then Sony where the worst. I had to send one phone back three times. Each time they sent it back without having fixed the fault. Each time I was without a phone for three weeks. Samsung were the best. They sent a new phone out 6 days later.

But with apple, my iPhone 4S became faulty. They swapped it out there and then.

I'm loathed to go to another manufacturer and go back to having to send the phone back off. Yes, I love my iPhone but I'm not brainwashed by Apple, they're not the best spec or the best screen or the fastest etc. But for me, it does all I need and the 'genius' bar giving the option to swap phones out is a massive pro to staying with Apple, and one of, if not the biggest factor stopping me going android.

Samsung have just opened a shop in Liverpool City centre selling phones. So why can't they have something like apples where you take your phone in and it's fixed or replaced.

In this day and age where people rely so much on their phones, you'd think more companies would offer a similar service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gotta agree, the thread title is trolling.

Why didn't you just say, "Another reason why I don't choose Sony"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aberdeen and Glasgow. Both wouldn't see us without an appointment.

Those are both busy stores.

If you visit a smaller-city store they'll see you without an appointment sometimes.
  • Lidtop2013Lidtop2013 Posts: 4,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlecR wrote: »
    Gotta agree, the thread title is trolling.

Why didn't you just say, "Another reason why I don't choose Sony"?

Because that wouldn't be the truth, I didn't choose Sony because I didn't want one lol
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member

I don't need to - I just deal with whatever shop I bought it from. if you buy a phone and it becomes faulty your contract is with the shop and not the manufactuerer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    I don't need to - I just deal with whatever shop I bought it from. if you buy a phone and it becomes faulty your contract is with the shop and not the manufactuerer

So do you think it is good or bad customer service if the manufacturer also provides support?

The very good thing about the Apple stores is their knowledge of the actual devices and how they work. My daughter went to the store to get some help on using "pages" app and they where excellent.

Having been in "phones 4 u" I'm not sure the level of knowledge is quite the same.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    So do you think it is good or bad customer service if the manufacturer also provides support?

The very good thing about the Apple stores is their knowledge of the actual devices and how they work. My daughter went to the store to get some help on using "pages" app and they where excellent.

Having been in "phones 4 u" I'm not sure the level of knowledge is quite the same.

I think Apple provide the best customer service overall, simply because you know that you can walk away from the genius bar with a working device. However I think Samsung are quite good now that they have opened up their experience stores. You can get advice about your device too. My OH took his S3 in last year as the charging port had stopped working. They did send it away but it was fixed within 2 days. Whilst I was there they were helping people to update the software on their phones and giving out general advice to customers. I also like the fact that they give you a 2 year warranty, however officially you only get 1 year with Apple. Another thing I liked is that they have a screen replacement service if you have smashed your screen. Yes you have to pay because that is not covered under any warranty, but it's nice to know that if you smash your screen you can get a manufacturers replacement. You can also pay for an express service and get the phone back within 24 hours.

So whilst I do think that Apple offer the best customer service overall, I think there is a lot to be said about Samsung's experience stores.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Apple provide the best customer service overall, simply because you know that you can walk away from the genius bar with a working device. However I think Samsung are quite good now that they have opened up their experience stores. You can get advice about your device too. My OH took his S3 in last year as the charging port had stopped working. They did send it away but it was fixed within 2 days. Whilst I was there they were helping people to update the software on their phones and giving out general advice to customers. I also like the fact that they give you a 2 year warranty, however officially you only get 1 year with Apple. Another thing I liked is that they have a screen replacement service if you have smashed your screen. Yes you have to pay because that is not covered under any warranty, but it's nice to know that if you smash your screen you can get a manufacturers replacement. You can also pay for an express service and get the phone back within 24 hours.

So whilst I do think that Apple offer the best customer service overall, I think there is a lot to be said about Samsung's experience stores.

I can only reflect on my experience. My samsung had a USB charging issue, I took it to the samsung store in Westfield and it took 8 days. It sounds like its got better.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    There are Samsung shops same as there are Apple.

In any event where i buy the phone from i would expect them to replace the faulty item.

I have only had one phone 'break' on me and was replaced on line in 4 days, probably a lot faster than any Apple appointment system.

Further most manufacturers (excluding Apple) offer a two year manufacturer warranty which offers additional peace of mind.

You can make same day appointment and its easy using the Apple shop app. Far quicker than 4 days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How this sort of thing typically works.

Common sense about how you can make same or next day appointments is ignored.

Extreme example about someone, somewhere reporting a bad experience and having to wait several days is found on the internet.

Extreme example is then presented as some sort of norm to try to win argument.

And so on and so on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigerpaws wrote: »
    You can make same day appointment and its easy using the Apple shop app. Far quicker than 4 days.

Aberdean was referred to in this thread. They have appointments available for all day tomorrow from 9am, and you are guaranteed to see highly trained staff.

I'm not sure what more people could expect,:confused:
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Tigerpaws wrote: »

:confused: you can make an appointment the same day but won't be seen if you just walk in :confused:

Remind me who the customer is again :)