Lykke Li - I Never Learn (Album Thread)

constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
Forum Member
✭✭
What do you guys think of this, it's much darker and down tempo than her previous material but I really like it. I always thought that 'Sadness Is A Blessing' was one of her best tracks so It's nice to hear her doing some more subdued stuff.

My favourites so far are Gunshot, No Rest For The Wicked, I Never Learn, Heart Of Steel and Never Gonna Love Again.

Review: http://iplugtoyou.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/lykke-li-i-never-learn-review.html

Comments

• Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah I absolutely love it!

Heart of Steel is my favourite but also love Gunshot :)
  • bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's brilliant! I have heard a few of her tracks from her previous albums and just randomly thought to download the album last week and am so glad that I did! I love how dark it is. Personal favourites are Gunshot, No Rest for the Wicked, I Never Learn and Heart of Steel.
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd never heard of her until I heard Jedward cover I Follow Rivers at a concert and I was hooked on the song!
  • wns_195wns_195 Posts: 13,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is different to her previous work in a positive way. My favourite tracks are Never Gonna Love Again and Love Me Like I'm Not Made of Stone
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded today, haven't given it a listen yet though. It's Lykke Li though so you know it'll be good.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I bought it yesterday whilst at Bluewater. I've only heard it once but I liked what I'd heard.
    River_Tam wrote: »
    I'd never heard of her until I heard Jedward cover I Follow Rivers at a concert and I was hooked on the song!

Oh wow. I haven't heard that.
    Forum Member
    Wounded Rhymes was a great album. I loved "Sadness Is A Blessing", "I Follow Rivers" "Get Some" and "Jerome". I put Youth Novels back on my iPod recently. That has some brilliant tracks in "Dance Dance Dance", "Little Bit", "Breaking It Up" and "I'm Good, I'm Gone".

She deserves more credit.

I'd love to see her live. Some of her performances are fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I loved Youth Novels. Still listen to it a lot.
    I thought Wounded Rhymes was good but not a patch on her debut.
    The other day I bought I Never Learn on record from Amazon and so get a free mp3 download and I have not stopped listening to it! I listened to it three times in a row yesterday. I think it is amazing! Favourite tracks are I Never Learn, No Rest For The Wicked, Silverline, Gunshot and Love Me Like I'm Not Made of Stone.
    I tried getting tickets for her recent London gig but it sold out so quickly! Really hoping she tours again
  • SpaceToiletsSpaceToilets Posts: 3,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great album. She's not going to get the credit she deserves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Cannot stop listening to I Never Learn. Fantastic album!
    Have been giving Wounded Rhymes another shot and I'm also loving that album too.
    I think she's incredibly underrated.
    www.lykkeliforum.co.uk
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new advert for the Peugeot 108 features a great sounding song and after a bit of research I found out it's by Lykke Li, who I had never heard of but having now listened to a few of her tracks I am totally hooked.
    Forum Member
    The new advert for the Peugeot 108 features a great sounding song and after a bit of research I found out it's by Lykke Li, who I had never heard of but having now listened to a few of her tracks I am totally hooked.

I saw that advert the other day too. :)