Options

The Hotel Inspector - New series - 6th Feb '14

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am glad they were successful at turning the hotel around. I remember it first time around and thinking it could be really nice place.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Evening mrb...

I've just started watching so I'm a bit behind!

Hi gs - another lottery quiz starts on Sat with Knowles (yuck) and a game I don't really understand...

I enjoyed it tonight as I didn't see the original episode in August 2012. Have seen next week's though
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    The gardens are stunning.

They are absolutely gorgeous.
    I'm so happy that they"ve made a success out of the hotel.
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    They are absolutely gorgeous.
    I'm so happy that they"ve made a success out of the hotel.

The gardens are lovely aren't they?
    Glad it's working out. Bit of a swizz calling it all new though
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show really seems to work for the participants and that is good news. :)

Read recently that the American Restaurant Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey has been a whole lot less than successful with only two restaurants still up and running.........and all the others have closed.
  • Options
    dallardicedallardice Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Of course, the downside of this series is that only hotels that were successful and would welcome a return visit will feature, so inevitably they will all have been successful to some extent - returning to the site of a hotel which has been demolished and looking at a block of flats wouldn't make a great TV programme...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dallardice wrote: »
    Of course, the downside of this series is that only hotels that were successful and would welcome a return visit will feature, so inevitably they will all have been successful to some extent - returning to the site of a hotel which has been demolished and looking at a block of flats wouldn't make a great TV programme...

True.

To flip it though I usually google the hotel afterwards and almost all are doing well.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trip advisor are still saying a bit dated, and we site on the ipad, google not working., that is not good.
  • Options
    VadmunVadmun Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    This show really seems to work for the participants and that is good news. :)

Read recently that the American Restaurant Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey has been a whole lot less than successful with only two restaurants still up and running.........and all the others have closed.

Many of the KN both here and in the US close. They're simply too far in the red by the time he gets there to save them.

The big success and failure of KN was the very first one, the Mama Cherri's Soulfood Shack. They became hugely successful in their original location, moved to a massive three storey restaurant, they simply couldn't fill, no one could, the quality of the food went downhill because of the volume they had at the start and they went bust.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vadmun wrote: »
    Many of the KN both here and in the US close. They're simply too far in the red by the time he gets there to save them.

The big success and failure of KN was the very first one, the Mama Cherri's Soulfood Shack. They became hugely successful in their original location, moved to a massive three storey restaurant, they simply couldn't fill, no one could, the quality of the food went downhill because of the volume they had at the start and they went bust.

Awww.........sorry to read that.:(
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone watching tonight? Why did the son not appear in the most recent segment? I must've missed them mentioning it.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Anyone watching tonight? Why did the son not appear in the most recent segment? I must've missed them mentioning it.

He was on holiday in Spain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I totally forgot it was on tonight.
  • Options
    ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I totally forgot it was on tonight.

Id watch it back if I were you, if only to see the unmissable blazer on that events woman that visited
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was on holiday in Spain.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Watching it now. The bedrooms are much better now.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stop laughing every time the narrator says her name and he's always making innuendo's out of it too
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    Can't stop laughing every time the narrator says her name and he's always making innuendo's out of it too

He must have been wetting himself
    I'd got visions of him with his fist in his mouth shaking with the tears rolling down his face !
    Muff needs to get tough etc
    Muff giving it away
    I'm just sorry it wasn't Dave Lamb doing the narration
    Worth a second look ... Just can't get enough muff 😁😄😳
  • Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes wrong about the Wi Fi, nobody wants to pay extra, its a "Must" to be free, & in the rooms not just the lobby.
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Shes wrong about the Wi Fi, nobody wants to pay extra, its a "Must" to be free, & in the rooms not just the lobby.

I spent ten years as valet at one of Manchesters most well known hotels and they only recently stopped bedroom wifi charges
    So Alex many be quite right in her assumption that small hotels and Bed and breakfasts should make a charge even a token one
    I've seen many bedrooms in my time with three or four tablets and laptops all powered up and running that would soon make a huge dent in a small hotels bottom line