Options

Geordie Shore

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I think the point of these shows is to be entertained, people really shouldn't take it seriously, its brilliant TV to escape from real life (even though I do have a similar lifestyle to them, not as wild yet though), I think people who take it seriously shouldn't watch any of these types of shows.

We dont want class, we have class in other shows, we want drama and laughter.

Exactly which is wy I liked and I like TOWIE and despite the trashing I gave it ( Why i like Jersey Shore ~ the Jersians are all trash but they are still entertaining ) .
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Apparently they are now thinking of scrapping it so it looks like its auf weidersehen pet !! :D

MTV are probably still on the champers from this morning after finding out the ratings where the highest since 2006.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the point of these shows is to be entertained, people really shouldn't take it seriously, its brilliant TV to escape from real life (even though I do have a similar lifestyle to them, not as wild yet though), I think people who take it seriously shouldn't watch any of these types of shows.

We dont want class, we have class in other shows, we want drama and laughter.

Its just similar to all of the other trashy shows out there though. I have heard from friend one of the clubs they were in some lads got paid to start a 'fight' with some of the lads.

I just don't get this cross between reality and set-up stuff. I would rather have one or the other
  • Options
    filmfan7filmfan7 Posts: 3,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard that 300 people on line signed a petition to get it scrapped but if the ratings are so high then they probally wont !...Myself coming from the North East its a programme youll either love or hate !.......pet ! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not sure why all the girls are so dark either as I would reckon far more are fair haired/dyed blonde up here.

They were all Cheryl Cole'd up to the eyeballs when I was up there
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie68 wrote: »
    If that's the case then it should'nt be called 'Geordie Shore'.
    Northern Shore would be better but not Geordie Shore unless they are all Geordies.

The Geordie accent doesn't stop at the boundaries of Newcastle. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the accent of the people of Consett and those of Newcastle. I sort of agree with you because Sunderland's accent is a Mackem and Middlesborough is a Smoggy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    What's annoying about this is that the TOWIE cast are bitchy at times but their so loveable. Geordie shore cast are so vain and two faced!
    Theres no characters I love maybe apart from Greg but have a feeling he might change to 'fit in'
  • Options
    Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BluseyLou wrote: »
    Fair enough ~ thankyou :) I always prefer to hear things offically confirmed like you have just done .

No problem, don't know why they chose to film at Sunderland dog track rather than Newcastle though, it was Easter Saturday when they were there.
  • Options
    Julie68Julie68 Posts: 3,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    The Geordie accent doesn't stop at the boundaries of Newcastle. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the accent of the people of Consett and those of Newcastle. I sort of agree with you because Sunderland's accent is a Mackem and Middlesborough is a Smoggy.

Fair comment but the programme is Geordie Shore and people from Sunderland and Middlesborough are not Geordies.
    The programme is not about the accent. Why call it Geordie Shore if a chunk of the cast are not Geordies? It makes a mockery of the title.
    Just because a person has a northern accent, does not make them a Geordie, it makes them a mackem (if they are from Sunderland), a smoggy (if they are from Middlesborough) etc.
    Anyway, the programme is an embarrasment to Geordies. God only knows what the rest of the country think of us now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    My life is over! I've just been told that I apparently would've been good on Geordie Shore!! :cry::cry: What must people think of me? :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Its just similar to all of the other trashy shows out there though. I have heard from friend one of the clubs they were in some lads got paid to start a 'fight' with some of the lads.

I just don't get this cross between reality and set-up stuff. I would rather have one or the other

LOL.

I haven't seen it yet will try and give it go at some point soon.
    I always thought our uk equivalent of jersey shore could be only way is essex if they made it a bit more crazy,or just fed them more alcohol and it wasn't so acted. heh well i'd compare the guidos of new jersey to the tacky fashion and spray on tans of essex! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Just watched it.

Love it :p

Saw Manor bank, which is across the street from my flat and they partied in Riverside where I spent my birthday last year.. lol :p
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    My life is over! I've just been told that I apparently would've been good on Geordie Shore!! :cry::cry: What must people think of me? :(

Nobody needs 'friends' like that.:(:mad:
  • Options
    adamcmadamcm Posts: 4,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it, I don't see what all the fuss is about? Move along... There's bigger things to make a noise about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently on the local north east news tonight it stated that over 400 people had now supported a petition for the show to be axed saying they were embarrassed the way Geordies were being portrayed in the programme ! ...i dont get that as when ive been up and down the country people have told me they love the Geordies and the Geordie accent !...Jimmy Nail in Auf Wedersehen Pet ! didnt put people off and that drama was a huge hit and he went on to greater success as an actor and singer !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    margaritaa wrote: »
    What's annoying about this is that the TOWIE cast are bitchy at times but their so loveable. Geordie shore cast are so vain and two faced!
    Theres no characters I love maybe apart from Greg but have a feeling he might change to 'fit in'

Don't worry, it was the first couple of nights, they just wanted to show how tough/cocky/slutty and cool they are (just like in the first episode of Jersey Shore), as we get to know more about them, they will become more likeable, just like the Jersey cast and even the TOWIE cast who I didn't like until the 3rd or 4th episode in. But for me, agree about Greg, he is just a cool dude who isn't cocky and doesn't talk about gym all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Apparently on the local north east news tonight it stated that over 400 people had now supported a petition for the show to be axed saying they were embarrassed the way Geordies were being portrayed in the programme ! ...i dont get that as when ive been up and down the country people have told me they love the Geordies and the Geordie accent !...Jimmy Nail in Auf Wedersehen Pet ! didnt put people off and that drama was a huge hit and he went on to greater success as an actor and singer !

AWP was a quality drama though, this is just cheap explotative rubbish. There's no comparison.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying this is how all North Easterners are, but I think it's quite entertaining though. At least the camera's following them about and not filming scene wise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    AWP was a quality drama though, this is just cheap explotative rubbish. There's no comparison.

I think you're trying to compare two different types here. Auf Wiedersehen Pet was a drama, this is a reality series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were all Cheryl Cole'd up to the eyeballs when I was up there

Waye aye man !...even the americans now divnt understand the bonny lass ! they should have subtitles :D ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Don't worry, it was the first couple of nights, they just wanted to show how tough/cocky/slutty and cool they are (just like in the first episode of Jersey Shore), as we get to know more about them, they will become more likeable, just like the Jersey cast and even the TOWIE cast who I didn't like until the 3rd or 4th episode in. But for me, agree about Greg, he is just a cool dude who isn't cocky and doesn't talk about gym all the time.

Still can't see me liking any of them, especially the men "me full time job is smashin lasses"
    charming ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I think you're trying to compare two different types here. Auf Wiedersehen Pet was a drama, this is a reality series.

I'm comparing good tv with utter cr*p so a comparison is perfectly valid.:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People are so OTT asking for this to be banned. People like different things, dont bloody watch it. Don't force an axe on it just because they dont like it, because many people do. People always have to ruin peoples entertainment.

And, they themselves are falling into the trap. The show was features on a couple of front covers and in most of the newspapers today= more publicity= controversy = higher ratings.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    When can we have a show that applauds talent and genuine style and charisma over being an ugly, fat slapper squeezed into a Primark basque.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When can we have a show that applauds talent and genuine style and charisma over being an ugly, fat slapper squeezed into a Primark basque.

That probably wouldn't be entertaining though, lets be honest, its on MTV. MTV and ITV2 look for the younger audience, I doubt if there were a bunch of educated Geordie's sipping tea and talking about getting married, would entice that type audience tbh.

And for a show that applauds talent.... Britains Got Talent. That's the closest thing we have.