Options

Anyone else going off it a bit?

walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
Forum Member
I found myself getting bored last night, the judges take forever to give their views and it's just singer after singer with no let-up. The format is suspect too, I enjoyed the blind auditions but the rest hasn't been all that great for me.

Comments

• Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.

Still love it as much as the Blind Auditions, I'm sticking to it now until the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still very much enjoying it :) although, as all my favourites are in Team Danny last week and next week are less exciting for me but I will still watch it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, talk about can't win!!! X Factor gets caned for its adverts, The Voice gets caned for the lack of breaks!!!

I don't see the issue to be honest!! When you go to a concert, do you expect the Artist to do a couple of songs, then pop off for a break, then a few more etc etc?? Of course not! What piffle!!
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only thing I'm going off is Jessie reaching for criticisms because she can't find anything immediate to fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    I do enjoy the show as it is like being at a gig. I hate the adverts! thank god for Sky plus i forward the shit acts to!
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked it last week. The performances this week were so rubbish compared to the blind auditions and battles.

I don't know whats happened to everyone
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In answer to the question, No I'm definitely not going off it, in fact as the artists get better each week I'm enjoying it more. I still like all the coaches better than any I've seen on other talent shows and I like most of the choice of songs. I don't expect to love every single song or every single singer - that would be impossible, we all have different tastes.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Definitely not going off it. It was fantastic last night.

Great contestants and coaches, a live band and brilliant song choices from a wide variety of artists (Kate Bush, Temper Trap, Tom Petty, Basement Jaxx etc).
  • Options
    Music Lover OneMusic Lover One Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    I must say I am going off it a bit, apart from David Julian there's not really any singer that I find really good but that's probably me and my age, I can't stand the singing off key and the changing of keys in a song all the time but that's the new way of singing these days. That David Julian just sings a song straight without any warbling and changing key all the time, but I will keep watching The Voice until the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abit but its not the acts that putting me off but how the show runs, the coaches comments are to flat and dragged out. Theres a lack of excitement to it all imo.

Bring the live band to the front with the acts, dont drag the coaches comments out and make it straight to the point instead off the babble most are guilty of. Its about the acts and how they sing not silly Knock Kncok joke and name dropping.
  • Options
    daniellejaynedaniellejayne Posts: 2,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much preferred this week to last, think it's because I actually like people from Team Danny and don't like anyone from the other 3 teams apart from Tyler
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I liked it better at 'blinds' because they chose their own tracks.

I don't like the stuff the coaches are picking for them. It all sounds much of a muchness to me. Not a melody to be found half the time!
  • Options
    Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. Holly was better last night but I thought the song arrangements were quite flat last night and so I did find myself ffing quite a few.

There were a lot of ballads and a lot of songs that had their arrangements slowed right down. Even the supposed highlight/pimp spot was Bo doing Kate Bush and good as she was, it had a very understated/underwhelming feeling for me. :confused:

I preferred the feel of he show last week, even though Holly was bad. Tom and Will's team seemed to be having fun, whereas Jessie and Danny's teams were very earnest. This may have been purely song choice, but Becky and maybe Max apart, they didn't seem to be having a whole lot of fun. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    The only thing I'm going off is Jessie more and more.

The whole comment about the dancers really annoyed me. Silly woman.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    Wow, talk about can't win!!! X Factor gets caned for its adverts, The Voice gets caned for the lack of breaks!!!

I don't see the issue to be honest!! When you go to a concert, do you expect the Artist to do a couple of songs, then pop off for a break, then a few more etc etc?? Of course not! What piffle!!

No, but when I go to a concert I do expect to see genuine talent, so far sadly lacking on The Noise. There is not a single contestant there who I would go see in concert or whose albums I would buy. The inane ramblings of the coaches are even worse than XF, simply because they go on so much longer! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.

The spinning chairs episodes were great, but it's been all downhill since then.

Worst thing for me is the dragged out judges' comments. They're an absolute snooze for the most part.

Also, I don't know why I was deluded enough to think this, but I thought this show might actually deliver a decent amount of singing given it's all about THE VOICE(!) I timed a few songs last week, and no-one sang for more than 2 minutes. So with 10 contestants, that meant less than 20 minutes of singing in a show that ran for 90 minutes. That's 70 minutes of intro's/padding/blether which is WAY too much IMO. No wonder it feels lacking in pace (to me, anyway).

Either they should shorten the show or let the contestants sing full songs (there's a novel thought!:eek::rolleyes:).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally the only thing ruining it for me is Holly and Jessie.
    Holly's screeching is becoming unbearable now someone please back me up on that!

And Jessie comes across slightly arrogant.

But that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    Noisy OysterNoisy Oyster Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally the only thing ruining it for me is Holly and Jessie.
    Holly's screeching is becoming unbearable now someone please back me up on that!

And Jessie comes across slightly arrogant.

But that's just my opinion.

Yep, I agree with that. Overall I thought she was better than last week but I noticed even more how she struggles to compete with the noise of the crowd and it doesn't sound at all pleasant.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone off this show and have to say that all of the judges/coaches irritate me, Jessie even more than the others!!! :(
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not going off it as the talent is still way better than anything we have seen on X Factor these past few years but my main gripe is the results show being on Sunday. I think the show would benefit so much more from having both the singing show and the results show being live on Saturday.

I also think live Will is proving to be a problem. I bet he is replaced next year. He is way more out of his depth than Holly is. Holly actually isn't so bad and I would rather Holly do this than Cat Deeley.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    A bit, to be honest I think this show suits the general 'feel' of the edited stages of the show far better than as a live elimination contest. The 'episodic' format throughout the blind auditions was great, but now we've reached the lives it's falling rather flat for me and the novelty of the show is wearing off. It's not 'must-see' TV at this point, which is strange as with other shows this is normally the point where it starts to become unmissable. I don't think the fact that contestants are performing in alternate weeks does much to help the flow of the format.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I think holly just needs time to get used to the level of noise that the audience makes, maybe she'll stop screeching so much when she realises she can get her point across without shouting.cant find a reason for Jessie's arrogant behaviour though, is it just me who's noticing that whenever someone has an opinion that differs from hers, she gets quite defensive and starts raising her voice?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    No, but when I go to a concert I do expect to see genuine talent, so far sadly lacking on The Noise. There is not a single contestant there who I would go see in concert or whose albums I would buy. The inane ramblings of the coaches are even worse than XF, simply because they go on so much longer! :mad:

There are some very talented artists on The Voice. They obviously don't appeal to your taste, and that's your opinion - they don't all appeal to mine, but that doesn't mean they aren't talented artists in their field. That has been the refreshing difference between this and X Factor - all the artists can actually sing, and have some level of understanding of their instrument.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't watch lastnignt for the first time. With all the hoo-ha over how new and different it was, I personally found it to be just as cliched, scripted and predictable as X Factor once the initial novelty of blind auditions wore off. I gave it a good few weeks and still hope it continues to do well, but it's just not for me. My mum still loves it though.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I'm still enjoying it because I've always liked seeing new talent being discovered. I don't really care if the auditions were blind or not, it's about finding a new singer who is going to be famous when this is over.