Labour's election strategy team hit by huge divisions and fallouts

2»

Comments

• OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariesam wrote: »
    agree they will keep 90percent of coalition policies despite voting against them....sadly people who believe when Labour get into power everyone is going to be well off there will be no limits on benefits given out and there is a banker bonus money tree that will pay for everything will sadly be mistaken
    Care to provide us with a link or 2 in which someone says they believe that when Labour get in everybody will be well off? I seem to remember the Tories promising to match or in some cases go beyond Labours spending commitments before the last election,

......i wish Labour had ideals like they used to and actually policies they believed in ....instead of doing and saying anything that is populist but ultimately not in the real world
    Shock horror political opposition party behaves like a political opposition party.

They're doomed doomed I tell ya, what with the Tories being so united on policy,......... Oh,
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Lateralthinking;71966754The two words I heard him speak - "Bloody Salmond".[/QUOTE]

Are you sure he wasn't talking about the fish he had eaten for lunch?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    Apologies, I thought you were basing your remarks on the basis of solid data - I didn't realise you were just voicing an opinion.

lol ... as I know you are a Wiki-dipper, I see where you are coming from.
  • LateralthinkingLateralthinking Posts: 8,027
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Are you sure he wasn't talking about the fish he had eaten for lunch?:D

You might have a point there. :D
  • Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariesam wrote: »
    i agree to some extent meant more for democracy reasons....shame we dont have more stronger 'lesser' parties that would make things more interesting....but i guess we must look on the brightside we arent like the US with just two :)

We will be after the next election?

The referendum will come rendering UKIP obsolete and the libdems will be wiped-out for being traitorous bastards.
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    This is what puzzles me about Ed Miliband
    If he didn't have a problem standing against his brother that already shows a pretty ruthless streak, why cant he sort out Douglas Alexander and Ed balls?
    Sack the lot of them the tory press might salivate for a week but then its done
    Douglas Alexander best laugh ever some time ago it emerged he considers himself a future leader

But he didn't just stand against his brother he stood against all the other MP's who put their names down as candidates for leader.

You may as well say he shouldn't have become an MP because his brother was an MP.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he didn't just stand against his brother he stood against all the other MP's who put their names down as candidates for leader.

You may as well say he shouldn't have become an MP because his brother was an MP.

Only if they were going for the same constituency surely?
  • gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe we should find out what Douglas Alexander has to say instead of sheepishly believing what the Daily Mail has to say.
    Labour's election supremo Douglas Alexander has dismissed reports of splits and insisted the party is on track to dominate the centre ground.

With some polls cutting Labour's lead, the Mail on Sunday said there was a "vicious feud" over election tactics.

Mr Alexander rejected the newspaper headlines and told the BBC Labour could be both "credible and radical".

He also insisted that US election strategist Arnie Graf had not been axed and would play a part in the campaign.

Mr Graf, whose arrival after success with the Obama campaign was widely hailed by the party as a coup, has returned to the US.

But Mr Alexander, Labour's election co-ordinator, told the Andrew Marr Show Mr Graf had not been fired: "He's going to be involved in the general election campaign."

He said the party had now appointed its 100th community organiser - a system of local campaigning credited with playing a key role in the Obama campaign - adding that "the work he (Graf) has started is being carried through".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26808371

Or maybe, as shown in the link, the Daily Mail is worried that according to a poll by the Sunday Times the Tories are losing ground again in the polls.
    However another poll, a regular weekly one for The Sunday Times by YouGov, suggests that Labour has seen off a post-Budget bounce, with Labour on 40%, against 33% for the Conservatives, 11% for the UK Independence Party and 9 for the Liberal Democrats. A total of 1,916 people were questioned on 27 and 28 March.
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    A lot of Tory supporters are switchers ( i.e. who will give me the best deal?) and will vote Ukip, which will be good for Labour.

I suspect the reality will be that there won't be any great changes to the way the country is run whoever gets in.

I doubt that - and the EU elections will not be much of a guide either. You can already see a trend away from UKIP in the polls.

When it comes to the General Election Tory voters are likely to stick with the party rather than let Labour in by the backdoor. On the other hand they can safely say to a pollster UKIP to register any displeasure with the government (and even if you support it there is plenty to be displeased about).
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Fair comment.