Options

This shower are so awful I'm starting to like Ash !

hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Swear to God ! ... he's begining to look like the most normal and likeable one in there :o

Comments

• Options
    GalacticusGalacticus Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is the only one who took a reasonable approach to Marlon's moment of ignominy. I actually think that Marlon did it to impress Ash and Winston, and Ash probably picked up on this.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's alright, certainly one of the best of a bad bunch. In team cool he seems the most likeable.

And he always gets stuck into every task and doesn't understand when people don't, like the farm task for example.

I think people are too quick to label him boring because he's a good looking male housemate and that's stereotypical, but he's always featured heavily in the highlights so he must be doing something right!

He does have his own mind too, and always tries to stay calm unless someone gets into his face shouting i.e Toya but anyone would of done the same in that situation.
  • Options
    Helen90Helen90 Posts: 4,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been alright for the past couple of weeks, he's more likeable than a bunch of them right now.
  • Options
    cjandrewscjandrews Posts: 6,231
    Forum Member
    Me too.:o He's actually been alright.
    Nice to see him relaxed with no prospect of eviction.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cjandrews wrote: »
    Me too.:o He's actually been alright.
    Nice to see him relaxed with no prospect of eviction.

I'm happy for him he seems to be turning it around, I'm glad he stayed because he had more to give.

It will be interesting if he's getting more popular with the GBP now or weather they still can't see past his connection with Helen..
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I've never actively disliked Ash. He comes out with some crap sometimes but he's usually quick to apologise and I don't think that he's malicious. He puts effort into most of the tasks and seems generally cheerful.

His biggest problem is his fondness for Helen. He indulges her even when I think he knows she flat out wrong. He said in the diary room that he thought that Marlon had made a mistake, the kind we all do sometimes, but he'd never say that to her. It's a bit of a shame for him that she's there because I think that his chances would have been much better in a Helen free house. That said, I can't put any blame on Helen for that, it's entirely his own fault that he's so spineless around her.
  • Options
    Mike OxgoodMike Oxgood Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Thought he was going to be the good looking show off when he walked in, then began to hate him like the rest as he sucked up and cosied up with Helen and Pauline, hated him more over his reactions to being nominated on two occasions ( still, he didn't cry like Steven though) and pretty much haven't liked him but then....

this week and half of last week he has changed my opinin. I actually think of all of them he is self aware in a way that isn't neccesarily calculating. I think he realised he has been coming across like a ******** and truly thought "hang on , I don't like being like this, this isn't me"
    I think he haschilled out and - maybe prone to still being clicky and vain- but still seems he has more humbleness than the others in his clique.#
    I have started to like him but only more because I think he is a bit sorry for his earlier actions and because Steven is detestable, Helen is a horrorshow, Kimbot is god-awfully boring and headache-inducingly emotionless and Mark and Winston are the desperadoes who think they are the classic BB types/ showbizzy types.
    Danielle is a nutcase like the Indian guy in B7 and Lauren in CBB last year and Marlon is the baby.

Ash now sits somewhere between that lot and the normal ones ; Christopher, Chris, Jale, and Ashleigh
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »
    Swear to God ! ... he's begining to look like the most normal and likeable one in there :o

Stop smoking , they funny ****........op !! :o
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I,ve always liked him.
  • Options
    cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always Liked him
  • Options
    nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I've never actively disliked Ash. He comes out with some crap sometimes but he's usually quick to apologise and I don't think that he's malicious. He puts effort into most of the tasks and seems generally cheerful.

His biggest problem is his fondness for Helen. He indulges her even when I think he knows she flat out wrong. He said in the diary room that he thought that Marlon had made a mistake, the kind we all do sometimes, but he'd never say that to her. It's a bit of a shame for him that she's there because I think that his chances would have been much better in a Helen free house. That said, I can't put any blame on Helen for that, it's entirely his own fault that he's so spineless around her.

It can seem that way and he does seem too in thrall to her. Even if you're friendly with someone you still should at times tell them when they're out of order or when to rein it in. Ash has definitely seemed lacking in that department where Helen is concerned.

On the other hand Helen did say there had been quite a few times where she had been slagging someone off and Ash had told her she was being unfair on them. So maybe he's got a rather poor edit in that regard.

I generally don't mind him and don't think he's anywhere as bad as some on here make out. He's certainly been a tosser at times, but most of the time he seems to be fairly laid-back and easy-going.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    Shhh don't tell anyone I like him too. :cool:
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always liked him and, and i never understood why he was as hated as he was on here TBH, i voted him favourite housemate last week even at his most disliked by people;-) lets hope more people do this week, i do think because he is Helen's friend people dislike him a lot IMO., at least he is loyal he could have dropped her like a hot brick to save himself( Like Winston seems to do)
  • Options
    daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is a top smoker
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    *updates ignore list to include these shameful people who admit to liking Ash*:cool::D
  • Options
    The InformantThe Informant Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad people are coming around, Ash to Win :D (best of a VERY bad bunch)
  • Options
    Helen567Helen567 Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He seemed okay last night, I liked him in the diary room. It would be nice to see him try to talk some sense into Helen about her temper tantrums.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »

Well, him and Chris.......:)
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zelda fan wrote: »
    *updates ignore list to include these shameful people who admit to liking Ash*:cool::D

Oooooh Zelda.......can I go on it, can I go on it, can I go on it........:D
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Me too. Go Ash
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I've never had a problem with him and haven't understood the disproportionate level of disgust on here.

Yes, he's flawed and it was very wrong that he called Jale a maggot, got involved in Marlon's "slutbuckets" conversation and has sometimes laughed inappropriately at the wrong thing, but his positives outweigh these 'laddish' crimes (and no one hates laddism more than me). He's laid back, loyal to his friends, measured in his opinions, takes being up for eviction in his stride, is honest with his opinions and how he feels, and seems to have a high tolerance for anything that happens around him.

I refuse to damn someone by association, i.e. liking Helen. And I won't glorify them simply for disliking her either (i.e. Ashleigh). Life's more complex than that.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    I think his 'can't be arsed' attitude in there is helping him as he doesn't seem nearly as desperate as the likes of Mark and Steven, I guess it's because he probably already has a good career outside of Big Brother.
    As others have said the association with Helen is the most negative thing about him.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always liked Ash you could see he said some bad comments as if he was around his mates a lot.

And actually his friendship with Helen makes him look good, brings out his fun side.
  • Options
    Desy BoyDesy Boy Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Galacticus wrote: »
    He is the only one who took a reasonable approach to Marlon's moment of ignominy. I actually think that Marlon did it to impress Ash and Winston, and Ash probably picked up on this.

Totally agree with this.
  • Options
    sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    I've always Liked him

Me too.