TalkTalk+ Box start-up problems

ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
Forum Member
✭✭
For the last few months my TalkTalk+ box has had problems starting - ie it will either stay on the green light with no display, or it will do the 'dancing' green lights which then gets stuck on the top left.

Over the last couple of days it has taken more than a simple reset to solve the problem - It took over an hour of rebooting, unpolugging all cables etc before it came to life.

Is it just a case of a faulty box, or could it be a connection or cable problem?

(Before this it used to 'crash' regularly - ie a program would just freeze and it needed a restart for it to work properly)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would phone Customer Service if I had those problems. They will probably send an engineer, who may replace the box if he can't fix it.

parthena
  • ethelethel Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    ns.macd wrote: »
    For the last few months my TalkTalk+ box has had problems starting - ie it will either stay on the green light with no display, or it will do the 'dancing' green lights which then gets stuck on the top left.

Over the last couple of days it has taken more than a simple reset to solve the problem - It took over an hour of rebooting, unpolugging all cables etc before it came to life.

Is it just a case of a faulty box, or could it be a connection or cable problem?

(Before this it used to 'crash' regularly - ie a program would just freeze and it needed a restart for it to work properly)

Thanks in advance!

Hello ns.macd.

Definitely call Customer Services as Mr Parthena said - just out of interest though, does your box have adequate ventilation?

They can be quite heat-sensitive and do get quite hot - even when in standby - & particularly so if located in a confined space.

Just a thought, hope it gets sorted quickly anyway.

Regards,

David.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    strangely it could be the opposite to the excess heat!

I have a tiscali plus box downstairs and tiscali box upstairs, at night when i go to bed, i switch off the tiscali downstairs and then switch on the box upstairs, now the box upstairs is a pain in the bum with the resetting lights, sometimes it wont come on it just does the light blinking thing, then other times it can do the light blinking thing then switch on but the quickly switch off, so i thought i would try something, because the box upstairs was bought off ebay i took the top off to have a look inside, and i just thought i will warm it up a little with a hair dryer (strange the things that pop into my head!)

Have i had one issue with it switching off or not on, not one!

So everynight i go to bed, i warm the box with a hairdryer on a low setting with the lid off, for about 30 seconds, you dont want it to be hot hot as it might make something explode, i then put the lid on and switch the box on, and as if by magic no issues at all!

Maybe thats not a fix for the op, but maybe the box is a bit cold, if its being switched off at the back for long periods of time.
  • ns.macdns.macd Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will try and let the box get more ventilation to see if that solves the problem (It has a Wii on top of it, but it is never turned on!)

Thanks for all the advice - I will try phoning customer service if all else fails! :)
  • ethelethel Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    howley20 wrote: »
    strangely it could be the opposite to the excess heat!

Well, that's a new one on me..! :D

Definitely sounds like a CS job though - I'd give them a bell & get an engineer to look at it just to be on the safe side.

Good luck anyway.

D.