Options

"Capellos Delusions " RTE after England Slovenia... worth a watch...

2»

Comments

• Options
    BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    If running the ball into the corners with 5 mins to go defines excellent then standards really have fallen. It was not an excellent performance at all

QUOTE]
    Remember Liverpool v Arsenal 1989? And Spain (the best team in Europe) were hardly adventureous in the last 5 minutes today.
    timboy wrote: »
    So, you won a friendly and neither of the sides that'll start on Sunday are remotely like what they were that night!

You are right, England are capable of beating Germany but Germany have been far more impressive than England so far.

I mean, if Rob Green hadn't pushed that Yank shot onto the post you'd have been beaten and Algeria only took points off England in the group whilst Germany were comfortable against Australia and Ghana and were unlucky against Serbia missing the penalty and Klose being harshly sent off.

I reckon it'll be a cracker of a game but the Germans will be too clinical for England.

Another way of looking at it is, if Green had saved Dempsey's shot (which he would have 99/100 times) then we'd have won and won the group. Also if Ghana had scored one of their good chances then Germany would be out. I don't usually bother with 'ifs and buts' but I thought I'd balance it out.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BrumBall wrote: »
    I don't usually bother with 'ifs and buts' but I thought I'd balance it out.

Celesti already had!
  • Options
    Manic MinerManic Miner Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gonna be watching RTE player when it comes on

Dunphy will be wetting himself
  • Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well thats me totally humiliated, ROONEY TUNES! Thats all Folks!