Options

Insanity Workout!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
Forum Member
Hi,

I'm thinking of starting the Insanity workout on Monday for the 60 days. Has anyone doen this before and if so what was the end result?

Also has anyone got any motivational tips to get me through, as I really want to lose weight and I know excersice is the best answer.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicClockAtomicClock Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    layza101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of starting the Insanity workout on Monday for the 60 days. Has anyone doen this before and if so what was the end result?

Also has anyone got any motivational tips to get me through, as I really want to lose weight and I know excersice is the best answer.

It probably works but is it worth spending all that money just to lose a few pounds after 60 days!

A healthy diet and moderate exercise will probably achieve the same result!

For the same price as the DVDs, you could buy a push bike and goout riding for half hour each evening or an hour at the weekend. Again, same resluts will probably be achieved.
  • Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It probably works but is it worth spending all that money just to lose a few pounds after 60 days!

A healthy diet and moderate exercise will probably achieve the same result!

For the same price as the DVDs, you could buy a push bike and goout riding for half hour each evening or an hour at the weekend. Again, same resluts will probably be achieved.

generally i would agree, a sensible diet and a moderate amount of exercise is the way forward.

but the insanity workout is not intended to help you lose a few pounds. it's meant to get you ripped. there is something of a clue in it's name. take a look at the video http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

the workout is pretty hard core, you need to be very fit to do it. and you need to be one of those people that actually enjoys pushing yourself physically beyond your limit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh forgot to put this, I'm not buying it, someone I know has givin me the discs and I've found the calander online to keep track daily. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    generally i would agree, a sensible diet and a moderate amount of exercise is the way forward.

but the insanity workout is not intended to help you lose a few pounds. it's meant to get you ripped. there is something of a clue in it's name. take a look at the video http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/insanity.do

the workout is pretty hard core, you need to be very fit to do it. and you need to be one of those people that actually enjoys pushing yourself physically beyond your limit.

I'd already seen it!

Thing is, to get that ripped you would have to be in reasonable shape in the first place and I would say that in this country, many people buying the DVD would probably be overweight and untoned and no way in a million years are they going to get ripped in 60 days.

So, if the video is aimed at people who are going to look ripped in 60 days, simply upping the ante on their own regime will have the desired effect.

Its probably just me, I see these videos and people who 'invent' this way of exercising, and think, whats the catch and there always is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh forgot to put this, I'm not buying it, someone I know has givin me the discs and I've found the calander online to keep track daily. :)

Its not going to do you harm unless you don't drink water,of course!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd already seen it!

Thing is, to get that ripped you would have to be in reasonable shape in the first place and I would say that in this country, many people buying the DVD would probably be overweight and untoned and no way in a million years are they going to get ripped in 60 days.

So, if the video is aimed at people who are going to look ripped in 60 days, simply upping the ante on their own regime will have the desired effect.

Its probably just me, I see these videos and people who 'invent' this way of exercising, and think, whats the catch and there always is!

I know i'm not going to be ripped, but hopefully it will give me a bit more strength and get me motivated :D
  • Options
    Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is mainly aimed at the yummy mummy bored housewife types. You can't tell with the infomericals lol It probably does work but it seems a lot of effort.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    I don't believe Billy T got ripped like that doing that workout, he's obviously spent a lot of time at the gym.
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i'm not going to be ripped, but hopefully it will give me a bit more strength and get me motivated :D

I think you already have to have a decent level of fitness. I don't think it's meant for former couch potatoes. Try Jillian michaels 30 day shred instead, very effective and let's you build up at your own pace.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »

teh insanity program is not about getting ripped and and is suitable for beginners as they have various different levels that you can follow.

There is also a bunch of diet and nutrinational stuff in the program that you are supposed to follow. And its supposed to kick start a permanant change in your lifestyle,

At the end of the day, it all boils down to how self-motivated you are, If you are serious and follow the diet and exercise then it should be the start of the lifestyle change. The exercises themself can get a bit tedious, I prefer the routines in P90X which is from the same company.

At the end of the day, if you are motivated enough then of you don't need this, but it does to is wrap up from exercise and diet information in an easy to follow plan and save you the time and trouble of putting together your own plan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    teh insanity program is not about getting ripped and and is suitable for beginners as they have various different levels that you can follow.

There is also a bunch of diet and nutrinational stuff in the program that you are supposed to follow. And its supposed to kick start a permanant change in your lifestyle,

At the end of the day, it all boils down to how self-motivated you are, If you are serious and follow the diet and exercise then it should be the start of the lifestyle change. The exercises themself can get a bit tedious, I prefer the routines in P90X which is from the same company.

At the end of the day, if you are motivated enough then of you don't need this, but it does to is wrap up from exercise and diet information in an easy to follow plan and save you the time and trouble of putting together your own plan.

Thanks for your advice. I am feeling very motivated about it and I know that to get results I do need to follow the diet, so I will do that. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your advice. I am feeling very motivated about it and I know that to get results I do need to follow the diet, so I will do that. :)

there is a good comparison of P90X vs Insanity vs Rushfit (from UFC fighter GSP) here

http://www.acefitness.org/certifiednewsarticle/1443/p90x-insanity-and-rushfit-a-side-by-side/

I am not advising that anybody who has done no exercise to start one of these routines but if you don't need to be in great shape to start one and of course always stop if you are feeling ill.

I would also look here, there are 5 move videos in the series which you can on the list on the right,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veiMp84fvKY&feature=relmfu
  • Options
    McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to try the 'Insanity' thing too.

To clarify, do you need any equipment etc at home that will be necessary to the work-out? I.e. working out equipment? Or is it just pure jumping/running/exercises etc (if you get what I mean).
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    It's a very high-intensity workout, think you should consult your GP before starting it.

If you're not used to exercise then start off with something gentle.
  • Options
    CicinhoCicinho Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    If your serious about losing weight you should forget about all these stupid workout plans. Sure you might see some results in the short term but if you dont change your current lifestyle your just going to put all that weight back on.

That is why fat people lose weight then become fat again.

If you want to lose weight and keep it off then take a look at your diet. Once you have a healthy balanced diet then add some cardio into your life. Doesn't take long to hit the gym for 30 mins a couple nights a week or even go for a walk or a cycle. If you keep eating healthy and keep active, you will become a healthy person and stay a healthy person.

If that is too much work for you then you are doomed to being a fat person who might lose a bit of weight once in a while but ultimately put it all back on and maybe some more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to try the 'Insanity' thing too.

To clarify, do you need any equipment etc at home that will be necessary to the work-out? I.e. working out equipment? Or is it just pure jumping/running/exercises etc (if you get what I mean).

Only a yoga mat, the rest of it is based on body resistance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cicinho wrote: »
    If your serious about losing weight you should forget about all these stupid workout plans. Sure you might see some results in the short term but if you dont change your current lifestyle your just going to put all that weight back on.

As mentioned in my previous post, the program advocates long term lifestyle changes.
  • Options
    kikifikikifi Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Might try this tonight, I have done P90X2 which is hard, but because you have to do it 7 days a week it can demotivate you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kikifi wrote: »
    Might try this tonight, I have done P90X2 which is hard, but because you have to do it 7 days a week it can demotivate you.

I haven't looked at P90X2 but the original is a 6 days a week program and and every day is a different routine so you are not always exercising the same part of the body and the routines should not get too repetitive.

http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    I haven't looked at P90X2 but the original is a 6 days a week program and and every day is a different routine so you are not always exercising the same part of the body and the routines should not get too repetitive.

http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.com/

It's still a hard slog to do it every day. I know I wouldn't be able to stick to a hard core regime like that, sometimes it simply isn't feasible to be able to exercise every day due to other commitments. If people want a long term plan, it's best to be more realistic. I think 4-5 times a week if intensive excercise is plenty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    My brother is currently doing this and is struggling to find the time. He works 7am to 7pm so is going to bed at 1am and then getting up again at 5am so he can do his work out before getting ready for work.
    He's managing so far but I can't see him lasting when he's only getting 4 hours sleep a day due to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My brother is currently doing this and is struggling to find the time. He works 7am to 7pm so is going to bed at 1am and then getting up again at 5am so he can do his work out before getting ready for work.
    He's managing so far but I can't see him lasting when he's only getting 4 hours sleep a day due to it.

Time can be an issue, to do the full workout can take an hour to hour and half. Allow time for cooling off and it could be 2 hours out of your day.