Earwigs ... !

supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
Forum Member
I keep finding earwigs in my first floor flat! I know they're not really a problem but has anyone else ever encountered this and how did you get rid of them?! I'm baffled because after researching them I can't think of why they would like my flat! Any help would be greatly appreciated :confused:

Comments

• GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They come in through the vents this time of year. Do you have wood floors?
    They ARE a problem, they are gross.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I squash the brain sucking b******s.
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Nope! I have concrete floors! The Internet suggests they like damp environments but I don't see who they get that inside!
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Errrr! One just crawled out of my pj's :( I dont know what to do!
  • AlphaKAlphaK Posts: 3,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you had your PJs hanging outside to dry then that is when they probably got in ..... or maybe they are in your drawers.
    They are harmless so just chuck them outside .
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Come on people, just answer the OP's question! We had a 'Oh my God I'm scared of earwigs, they're in my clothes, let's kill them all, no they're harmless', type thread only a few weeks ago.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Sprinkle some Citronella oil around the places you see them , maybe they are coming in on your washing so sprinkle it in the wardrobe and drawers .Insects hate citrolella .You will get it as an essential oil and you can make a spray with it diluted with water too .
  • G1116-UKG1116-UK Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Putting a conker in the corner of each room stops spiders apparently.