1000S Bug when viewing more than 42 Jpegs

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
Forum Member
Over xmas we invited the neighbours round for the evening, they brought with them a pendrive full of Pictures they had taken of their recent trip to China.

There was about 120 jpegs which all showed up okay on my Humax 1000S, and I could scroll though and see all the 120 thumbnails.

I selected ALL and we sat back to watch the slideshow, however it became apparent that it would not show any pictures past number 42.

Even if I selected pictures from 42 onwards it would always revert and play from number one again.

If I selected just one picture anywhere in the range 42-120 it did the same thing.. ie. just play from picture number one. There was NO way I could get it to display any images beyond number 42.

In the end, I plugged the pendrive into my Panasonic DVDR player which played them all fine.

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lunar524 wrote: »
    Over xmas we invited the neighbours round for the evening, they brought with them a pendrive full of Pictures they had taken of their recent trip to China.

There was about 120 jpegs which all showed up okay on my Humax 1000S, and I could scroll though and see all the 120 thumbnails.

I selected ALL and we sat back to watch the slideshow, however it became apparent that it would not show any pictures past number 42.

Even if I selected pictures from 42 onwards it would always revert and play from number one again.

If I selected just one picture anywhere in the range 42-120 it did the same thing.. ie. just play from picture number one. There was NO way I could get it to display any images beyond number 42.

In the end, I plugged the pendrive into my Panasonic DVDR player which played them all fine.

Just tried with 72 Jpegs - Slide show 5 secs with music in settings. Entered folder - used select all - deselected first 6 - pressed OK - all played fine.

I will mention all are of a reasonable size (Very large used to a problem for the foxsat - insufficient RAM).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    Thanks matey for trying it.. very strange, I don't have that same pendrive now as they are visiting relatives and will probably have taken it with them.

I'll give it another try over next couple of days using one of my own pendrives loaded with jpegs and try it again.

What I found wierd was fact it was showing the thumbnails for all of the pics.. so obviously must have read them all to obtain the thumbnail.. well you would think so. just strange it would only show the first 42 of them... hmmm.. bit baffling...lol

Hope you had a good xmas, & best wishes for the new year... have a good one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    lunar524 wrote: »
    Thanks matey for trying it.. very strange, I don't have that same pendrive now as they are visiting relatives and will probably have taken it with them.

I'll give it another try over next couple of days using one of my own pendrives loaded with jpegs and try it again.

What I found wierd was fact it was showing the thumbnails for all of the pics.. so obviously must have read them all to obtain the thumbnail.. well you would think so. just strange it would only show the first 42 of them... hmmm.. bit baffling...lol

Hope you had a good xmas, & best wishes for the new year... have a good one.
    I have been having problems using images over a wireless connection. It seems to be if the image quality is over a certain number of pixels it won't play. They play over the TV USB, but the box struggles, so I end up resizing the images to play over wireless via the box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    A bit overkill but did you consider copying them to the picture/music partition temporarilly?
  • REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skldenton wrote: »
    I have been having problems using images over a wireless connection. It seems to be if the image quality is over a certain number of pixels it won't play. They play over the TV USB, but the box struggles, so I end up resizing the images to play over wireless via the box.

The Foxsat had a picture size limit. Would not be surprised if this unit had a well.