Which Supermarket do you use?

Comments

• BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This poll is a hard one for me;-) I use Aldi a lot, but Sainsbury also and am not sure which of the two I use or spend more in, probably I use Aldi most as I pass it more often but spend more in Sainsbury. Then there's the Cooperative which is on my way back from town and M&S I get treats from. Oh and Spar I go there at weekends as it's only 2.5 miles away and all other shops at least 18. I really can't decide.
  • lubaluba Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sainsbury's
    I use Sainsbury's most of the time, then Waitrose and Morrisons.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Also you should have grouped together all convenience stores.
    Clearly stated in the opening post to the thread.
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I've 'lumped' the various Poundshops, One Stop and 99p stores under 'other' as despite carrying a fair range of stock, don't really fall into the bracket of Supermarket.
  • WombatDeathWombatDeath Posts: 4,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waitrose
    I'm posting from 1984, and wish to express my dissatisfaction that Liptons isn't in the list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Tesco
    I use Tesco's mainly.

Yes that was intentional.
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Sainsbury's
    Clearly stated in the opening post to the thread.

I mean things like "londis, Nisa, Spar", etc should be together. Local shops like all get visited because they are closest and i don't think anyone really differentiates between them. They are pointless in the poll as you can see with barely any votes. Plus you have missed out other small shop chains. (One-stop, Premier and All-days are the ones off the top of my head and i've not heard of 4/5 on your list). Plus what about all the independent stores?

Sorry to be anal, but if your going to the effort of doing a poll, you may as well make it a half decent one.
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sainsbury's
    I got the purpose of the poll, and voted Sainsbury's as I use them the most. I also use ASDA, Morrisons, and if I'm passing the one in Leeds, Waitrose.

Some of the comments I've read regarding how the poll was set up are bordering on ridiculous. Should the OP have made a pretty patterned background too?

It was easy to follow, it was a general question not an election voting system. Lighten up people, you seem hard to please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    I mean things like "londis, Nisa, Spar", etc should be together. Local shops like all get visited because they are closest and i don't think anyone really differentiates between them. They are pointless in the poll as you can see with barely any votes. Plus you have missed out other small shop chains. (One-stop, Premier and All-days are the ones off the top of my head and i've not heard of 4/5 on your list). Plus what about all the independent stores?

Sorry to be anal, but if your going to the effort of doing a poll, you may as well make it a half decent one.
    FWIW i took the list from here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supermarket_chains_in_the_United_Kingdom

I've already stated where One Stop etc is on the poll list in a previous reply to one of your posts and really don't see any point in repeating yet again.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morrisons
    I mainly use Morrisons as I like to have a chat with Ant and Dec.

I sometimes use Sainsburys and occasionally use Tescos.
  • GayAtheistGayAtheist Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sainsbury's
    In my small (Cornish) town we have only the choice of Sainsburys and Co-op. Whilst Sainsburys is notoriously more expensive, I think Co-op are far worse and have piss-poor choice in comparison. Sainsburys also have better staff!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morrisons
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    I got the purpose of the poll,and voted Sainsbury's as I use them the most. I also use ASDA, Morrisons, and if I'm passing the one in Leeds, Waitrose.

Some of the comments I've read regarding how the poll was set up are bordering on ridiculous. Should the OP have made a pretty patterned background too?

It was easy to follow, it was a general question not an election voting system. Lighten up people, you seem hard to please.
    I'm relieved i don't have to shop with them! :)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco
    Tesco for the bulk shop. Waitrose for special treats.

I much prefer the experience of shopping in Waitrose as it is never crowded, the staff are great and you get a better standard of MILF in the aisles ;-)
  • Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda
    malpasc wrote: »
    Ugh, seriously though, supermarket names..

ASDA
    Tesco
    The Co-operative
    Sainsbury's
    Morrisons
    Waitrose

So many people put unecessary apostrophes or the letter s on the end...

It is Asda. They capitalise the font on their logo, just like Tesco and Morrisons, but it is Asda when written ;)
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Asda
    Mainly Asda because it's the closest one.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco
    Either Tesco or Morrisons for the main shop. Then Sainsburys, M&S, The Co-op and Asda if I am passing.
    I have found Morrisons choice going a bit downhill recently though.
  • elle77elle77 Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Morrisons
    Morrisons for the big shop and Tesco for odd bits and bobs as it is easy to call in on the way home from work. Occasionally Sainsburys and M&S (when they do the Dine In for £10 meal deal)
  • panic roompanic room Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Tesco
    Tesco or ASDA because they are easier to go to having said that Sainsbury's is quite near but I find it pricey so therefore it's a shock when the till gets rung up and I vow not to go again - but do.

Morrisons is to far but I have enjoyed a mooch round there in the past. There is a COOP very close and it's not a bad size but the choice is poor and it sure aint' cheap so a major shop is out of the question but for a few bits and bobs it's fine.

Lots of Polish I work with love Aldi and Lidl and will get all there shopping there informing me how much they have saved by not going to the "main" supermarkets but I have yet to visit them as it's not as easy getting there as Tesco and ASDA - plus Tesco has an optician and I do enjoy looking at frames I can't afford...........
  • VelvetIdiotVelvetIdiot Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Tesco
    For me, it's mostly Tesco, but occasionally Morrisons.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morrisons
    Never heard of Booth, CK, Filco, Heron or Mace.
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sainsbury's
    Never heard of Booth, CK, Filco, Heron or Mace.

Booth's is a Northern version of Waitrose, but a bit more upmarket.

Heron Foods is a nasty, cheap frozen food place. Avoid!
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Which is why you voted Asda. ;-) Excellent....that's the purpose of the poll. To see which Supermarket posters use the most. I can only think it's an extremely peculiar person who would shop in two or three different week in week out on a totally equal basis. :confused:

I use Asda, One Stop and Morrisons......but shop mainly in Morrisons and occasionally at the others.
    Balls. It depends on location. I use four supermarkets regularly and two of those equally.
    Hey, back off. The poster makes a fair point. I shop at more than one supermarket, so none is the 'most used'.

You've created a poll which you want others to participate in, so stop getting so aggressive when they make a valid point.
    Mark1974 wrote: »
    I got the purpose of the poll, and voted Sainsbury's as I use them the most. I also use ASDA, Morrisons, and if I'm passing the one in Leeds, Waitrose.

No, the OP should have made it multiple choice.
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waitrose
    Waitrose. Our Tesco and Sainsburys are farther away and too big. I like to walk to Waitrose (saving on petrol) and get my free coffee with my loyalty card.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lidl
    I love Morrisons but Tesco, Lidl and Sainsbury's are nearer so I often go to those. Lidl biscuit bars (i.e. their version of a Twix) are essential building blocks of life, I find. :D
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesco
    Tesco just does it for me but I do use many.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Iceland
    Iceland and tesco