Options

Corrie: Tina, Graham and Xin.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else not like Tina and Graham as a couple? I know they have been together for ages now but still i cant warm to them both. I thought tina and david were better.

And the whole Xin storyline is very boring. I dont know why Tina is so obsessed with asking if shes ok.. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xin doesn't seem to have anything else to talk about. It's all me,me,me me and then more me:rolleyes:. And where was Xin when Tina was grieving the loss of her father? It's all completely far feched and I don't think anyone cares whether Xin gets deported or not.

It's a bit unfair on the actress as they haven't given her a chance to gain any fans of the show. She just seems to have been brought in as a vehicle for the storyline. But for me it's a case of Who Cares?
  • Options
    GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd find it easier to take the Xin storyline seriously if she didn't talk with an accent that's bordering on BBC British. None of my Chinese friends (who were born and brought up here) have pronounced Chinese accents either, but their parents (who grew up in China) do. Yet we're supposed to believe that she's only been here for a couple of years, does not understand some common British colloquialisms and grew up in China. Yeah, right.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Xin but find Graeme really annoying now. There's something different about him these days. It does seem strange that he's leaving anyway. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes... Yeah, Craig Gazey gives his reasons for wanting to do different things but, come on, it's not like he's been on Corrie for years and years, and it's a secure job, it makes no sense that he would leave atm. Arguments maybe.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It made me laugh when Tina said Xin was her best friend the other day .... since when!! If Xin was her best friend she'd know not to touch David with a bargepole!

As for Graeme and Tina, they've ruined the characters putting them together ... they've lost all the sparkle they had as individuals and when paired with other characters. Tina in particular is so moany now and the pair of them just bore me when they are on screen. I much prefered Tina with David. In comparision by the way David and Kylies partnership is really sparkly and lights up the screen!
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that Xin and Grahem fall in love with each other, marry and run off, that would really annoy Tina.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    I hope that Xin and Grahem fall in love with each other, marry and run off, that would really annoy Tina.

Well he is leaving... you may be onto something. :D
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd find it easier to take the Xin storyline seriously if she didn't talk with an accent that's bordering on BBC British. None of my Chinese friends (who were born and brought up here) have pronounced Chinese accents either, but their parents (who grew up in China) do. Yet we're supposed to believe that she's only been here for a couple of years, does not understand some common British colloquialisms and grew up in China. Yeah, right.

Yep.
    And surely, seeing as she's Tina's best friend, the time she's been here has been in Manchester, so surely she'd have a Manc edge to her accent. And not say something as jaaring as "My laaarst chaaaaarnce"

Why doesn't Tina mary Xin, if she's so keen for someone to mary her so she can stay?
  • Options
    mandarulemandarule Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Espresso wrote: »
    Yep.
    And surely, seeing as she's Tina's best friend, the time she's been here has been in Manchester, so surely she'd have a Manc edge to her accent. And not say something as jaaring as "My laaarst chaaaaarnce"

Why doesn't Tina mary Xin, if she's so keen for someone to mary her so she can stay?

Because that would be just toooo unbelieveable for the authorities :)
  • Options
    Jewels501Jewels501 Posts: 26,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Her back story doesn't make sense to me. She said she had no family or friends in China and her whole life was in England. How so?

If she's been here on a student visa whilst studying she presumably came from China and had a life there. If all her family are here, on what basis was she living here prior to starting studying?

All rather confusing and hard to empathise with.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably the only story on Corrie that I don't like right now. Xin has failed to make much of an impact and is pretty bland as a character, in comparison to the likes of newcomers such as Frank Foster and little Faye.