Options

Can't print web pages via wireless printer

soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recently installed a HP wireless printer and all seemed well until I tried printing directly from a web page in Internet Explorer (using my Windows 7 Pro laptop). Searching on line for a solution I found a temporary workaround by running Explorer as an administrator from which I was able to print a web page with no problem.

As my Windows 7 login has administrator rights by default I'm obviously not understanding why I have to use this workaround to print and therefore what I need to do to fix the problem permanently, which I assume is to do with permissions. Can someone enlighten me?

Comments

• Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just printed this page on my HP Wireless printer with no problem. That's from the Chrome browser running on Windows 7 Home Premium. So I don't know if it's some setting on your computer, or whether it's an Internet Explorer problem. Having said that I will try with IE9 in a moment to see what happens.

Edit: and it printed OK no problem. Sorry that this isn't going to help you!
  • Options
    barky99barky99 Posts: 3,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    printing web pages! ... used to do that but always just save as a pdf or to a folder as a whole page in recent years
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barky99 wrote: »
    printing web pages! ... used to do that but always just save as a pdf or to a folder as a whole page in recent years

You could also use a clipping solution as provided by OneNote (part of Office) or by Evernote.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of experimenting and I proved the problem was unique to Internet Explorer 64 bit version. Printing works ok with other browsers and standard Explorer.
  • Options
    JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    A bit of experimenting and I proved the problem was unique to Internet Explorer 64 bit version. Printing works ok with other browsers and standard Explorer.

Interesting, because mine is 64-bit too (at least I assume IE is 64-bit on 64-bit Windows 7). You are running IE9, I assume?

To be precise-
    Version: 9.0.8112.16421IC
    Update Versions: 9.0.8 (KB2719177)

which is what is in my About box.