How do guys shave/wax?!

chanellexchanellex Posts: 1,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, my O/H, has a really hairy back, really hair legs, really hair chest, and well you can see where I'm going. He's just so hairy! He hates it as much as I do, when we are like, doing it :o, I always feel uncomfortable. Can't believe I'm actually posting this! Anyway, whats the best action to take here, wax? shave? What are the best products to use? etc.
Please help! :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the best action?

Sell your computer.
  • chanellexchanellex Posts: 1,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? :)
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    use hair trimmers

or to go for the bald look start with trimmers to get the hair short then shave use any razor you want
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use a Philips body hair shaver for my underarms and more southern areas. It works really well, with no painful nicks etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,848
    Forum Member
    Use Neet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    errmm. accept he is a bloke, he has hair and appreciate an occassional smooth chin. On your birthday you may get something else trimmed :cool:
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use a Philips body hair shaver for my underarms and more southern areas. It works really well, with no painful nicks etc.

And me! Have done for years, otherwise I suspect I could look like a wild bear:eek::D You can choose the length you want to have , though I tend to do it on the absolute shortest.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    i have a rug on my chest and a hairy back. I feel scrufy with my hairy back fully hairy, ive been having it waxed on and off since sep 2002 - was around every 5 weeks for 3-4 years then much less frequent - in the past yr. ive managed to get it done twice.. last time was in sloevenia whilst backpacking - i say now ill only get it done if going abroad, or if im with someone as when my back is smooth, its really really nice ;) i feel relaxed - even if theres 2-3weeks worth of fur - as long as its not thick.

it was so painfull (having it done after 9months or growth - a fully furry back)! the more hair, the longer it has grown, the more pain it is - i suggest he get his back waxed, and see if he feels better - i think the back is the worst place for fur imo. Maybe run a pair of clippers over the back, an get it done when the hairs are .5mm long. He should also now that if he goes every 5 weeks, the pain will be alot less than the first time.

oh and a top tip - stagger taking pain killers - one 45mins before the wax, 1 30 mins before and another a minute later - this does make a difference if not a psychological dif. ALso for me its nice having the female attention honed in on you! in slovenia she gave me a very nice massage! but think she felt sorry for me - she kept saying sorry after each strip and 'are you ok' bless - i was badly bruised as well.. but hey. im a man.. grr i can take it.
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chanellex wrote: »
    Well, my O/H, has a really hairy back, really hair legs, really hair chest, and well you can see where I'm going. He's just so hairy! He hates it as much as I do, when we are like, doing it :o, I always feel uncomfortable. Can't believe I'm actually posting this! Anyway, whats the best action to take here, wax? shave? What are the best products to use? etc.
    Do you wax, shave or use cream yourself? You probably have more expertise in effective hair removal methods than us blokes.

For front and back I'd suspect a depilatory cream would be best unless it irritates the skin.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    depilatory creams are crap as your left with stubble more or less. waxing will make it fairly smooth for about 3 weeks (for me hair starts growing back/popping thru around 3 days after the wax)
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    I completely agree with mark39london and shackfan - I would recommend using the Phillips Bodygroom unless he is willing to try waxing. I was going to try waxing but decided to give using the Bodygroom a go - so glad I did!

I'm quite fortunate to be honest because I'm not really hairy at all - however, I do like certain areas to be at least trimmed. The Phillips Bodygroom is generally painfree and avoids getting nicks or razor burn or the infamous "bumps."

I did give the Veet for Men stuff a try, which should technically be ok for chest and back. Horrible smelling stuff and avoid leaving it on for too long. However, when I used it, it did the trick, though I sadly got a chemical burn :(

I would definitely give the Phillips Bodygroom a go though because if your boyfriend hasn't shaved/waxed or whatever before, then it will be ideal to trim a load off first, and then move on to the next stage.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I love body hair. All this feminising of men is a waste of a good furry snuggle bunny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate Body Hair Wax that is best
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love body hair. All this feminising of men is a waste of a good furry snuggle bunny.

I can't be doing with all this metrosexual stuff.........give me a big hairy bloke every time :o:)
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lilitu wrote: »
    I can't be doing with all this metrosexual stuff.........give me a big hairy bloke every time :o:)
    I like you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilitu wrote: »
    Hey-up! My daughter used to call me (if she was cross) "hairy monkey---with mites" My dear lady said she used to hate hirsute chests. Been with her 11yrs (married for 6!). I THINK she's changed her mind a tad!:cool::D
  • zoundszounds Posts: 10,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you could integrate a little gentle trimming into your foreplay! jk

If you didn't care about it, I doubt if he would, you want him to have a full body wax every few months for the rest of his life? He'll probably get very prickly, worse than hairy!
  • geoffSFgeoffSF Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In general, waxing is the better option. If you have the means, have it done by a professional. There are other hair removal 'therapies' out there that are more permanent.

You mentioned that he hates it as much as you do, which means that the both of you are communicating very well. In that case there is no harm trying any solution and being open about it. Find a solution that is the most comfortable to him and you and go from there.

I'll probably sound incredibly cheesy for saying this, but this is something that could really spice up your sexual relationship. If you're both into it then you might as well have fun. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chanellex wrote: »

I'm bald as a coot, without my wig. ;)

Seriously, my legs aren't hairy, my back is, and my chest. You could grow potatoes in my chest.:D

My beard is the worst. I need five shave per day. My 5 o'clock shadow comes at 10am. :D
  • KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a hairy man, and there is not a hope in hell of me ever shaving or waxing.

Mrs kaylan realised that she married a silverback.

As I have said elswhere in this forum, I have a number 2 over the head and face every six weeks, and that is your lot.