Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis

Oh, Leona has always been portrayed in the media as shy and unassuming. Mind you, if I were Leona, with that talent, I'd probably have a high opinion of myself!
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob200696 wrote: »
    I Met Cheryl Cole and she was not at all interested in being nice to people, or speaking to anyone was really surprised tbh.

However I have met Alexandra Burke and she was lovely standing for pictures and speaking to everyone for a good while making sure everyone had pictures and autographs, just lovely.
    Steps and Misha B were also really lovely but Amelia Lily has a high opinion of herself and so does Leona Lewis

The cast of Geordie Shore are also lovely however I have heard bad things about certain members from other people I know

You can totally tell from her recent embarrassing appearance on that foreign X Factor. Diva behavior I tell you for someone who is currently clingy on to all hope that her Christmas album doesn't flop, which it will. :cool:
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met Leona Lewis, who is totally a lovely lady, so ready to meet her fans and so down to earth. I have never seen Leona display a high opinion of herself!!
  • marietsmariets Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    It was a private hotel in Scotland. If the staff had gone to the press about clients they would loss their jobs. A lot of famous people stay there, so there is a confidentiality clause. The customer are rather posh, so they are not the type that would go to the press either. Not everything gets into the press.

So how did your relatives find out then?
  • TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    mariets wrote: »
    So how did your relatives find out then?

My father was there. A&D were there with a group of guys on a golfing trip.

Its not the sort of hotel that allows stag dos or lads golfing trips, the golfers are usually middle aged business men, but obviously an exception was made for A&D.

My father also described them as a couple of 'immature wee boys' . He couldn't believe they were nearly 40 LOL
  • Clark2012Clark2012 Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Met Joseph Millson, Samantha Spiro and Billy Boyd after Macbeth at the Globe yesterday afternoon. All three were lovely to chat too, and Millson in particular was extremely warm. Also had the luck of meeting the particularly delightful Jenna-Louise Coleman, who was an absolute treat!

On the other hand, I had a rather horrible expereince with Harrison Ford. Seemed very up himself, although I will say that when I next met him, he was nicer, and polite. Also been able to meet Thomas Law, who is both incredibly lovely and incredibly handsome. Also great with him fans.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work in a centre for vulnerable young people who had just left the care system. One day, two of them walked into the hotel next door and saw Sly Stallone of all people sitting in reception!!!! They came back to the centre raving about him and said how approachable and nice he was.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    I used to work in a centre for vulnerable young people who had just left the care system. One day, two of them walked into the hotel next door and saw Sly Stallone of all people sitting in reception!!!! They came back to the centre raving about him and said how approachable and nice he was.

Just watching him on Cliffhanger :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Just watching him on Cliffhanger :)

I LOVE that movie. Love seeing Dan Sullivan and the beginning STILL shocks me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapmania wrote: »
    A few months back my dad (he works as a HGV driver in tar mac) he was tar-macing Man United's training ground Carrington and he bumped into Gary Neville he said "hello!" And that piece of scum looked right through my dad and totally blanked him.... Piece of cr*p!! My other half is a Man U fan and I am as well but I can't stand the sight of that Neville sister anymore! Lol lucky for my dad he's a Geordie boy (Newcastle) born and bred anyway! Lol

It bothered me more than my dad but never mind hey. :D

Can I ask why you referred to the creep as feminine when it is obvious it was a male who was rotten?!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    I used to work in a centre for vulnerable young people who had just left the care system. One day, two of them walked into the hotel next door and saw Sly Stallone of all people sitting in reception!

I'd want to exclaim "Yeah, Jackie!" at him.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think people have to accept all celebrities are still people, they are going to have bad and good days, silly days and days when they are at their worst, health-wise or worse for wear.

It's great to read peoples stories and opinions but it's only a snapshot in time of that person's entire life.
  • CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    I think people have to accept all celebrities are still people, they are going to have bad and good days, silly days and days when they are at their worst, health-wise or worse for wear.

It's great to read peoples stories and opinions but it's only a snapshot in time of that person's entire life.

Totally agree. I hate the way some people think they "own" a celebrity just because they buy their CDs or DVDs or whatever. Awful.

I wouldn't suggest ever someone is truly a bad apple unless there are just one too many bad stories about them it would be hard to deny, like Cilla Black for instance.
  • superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clark2012 wrote: »
    Met Joseph Millson, Samantha Spiro and Billy Boyd after Macbeth at the Globe yesterday afternoon. All three were lovely to chat too, and Millson in particular was extremely warm. Also had the luck of meeting the particularly delightful Jenna-Louise Coleman, who was an absolute treat!

On the other hand, I had a rather horrible expereince with Harrison Ford. Seemed very up himself, although I will say that when I next met him, he was nicer, and polite. Also been able to meet Thomas Law, who is both incredibly lovely and incredibly handsome. Also great with him fans.

I'm off to see Macbeth in July to get the chance to see Joseph on stage, so I'm pleased to hear he was nice! And lucky you getting to meet Jenna-Louise. :D

I've met the Horrible Histories cast (minus Simon Farnaby) and they were all lovely, funny, and good at engaging with children as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    Especially to slim females.

Obesity and overweightness put a huge strain on the NHS's resources. Eating more than you need also puts a strain on the planet's resources. We are running out of land to feed people with, and while some people are starving others Westerners are gorging and getting fat. So yes actually, being overweight really is a problem. There is no such thing as a personal choice, we all live on the same planet and if some people are taking more than their fair share of economic or physical resources, we are entitled to call them out for it.

The whole idea of "sizeism" is a joke. Being fat or thin is not "who you are" (like faith or ethnic heritage), it's not the way you naturally look, it's the current condition a person's body is in due to health or habits.

People like you...oh my God. :(
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People like me, who obliterate your silly, politically-correct bellyachings, and make valid points that you have no answers for.
    :rolleyes:
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TTTango wrote: »
    My father was there. A&D were there with a group of guys on a golfing trip.

Its not the sort of hotel that allows stag dos or lads golfing trips, the golfers are usually middle aged business men, but obviously an exception was made for A&D.

My father also described them as a couple of 'immature wee boys' . He couldn't believe they were nearly 40 LOL

My father was on this golfing trip too, even though he has been dead for years, he said they weren't there :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squatch wrote: »
    People like me, who obliterate your silly, politically-correct bellyachings, and make valid points that you have no answers for.
    :rolleyes:

Not sure why I am replying to an obvious troll but since when is it politically correct to treat your fellow man decently and not make judgements based on appearance? I thought that was just being a mature and better human being.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been directed to this thread after the Joseph Millson mention and thought I'd join in :) Glad to hear JM is lovely! :D

Michaela Strachen I met a few years back, she is absolutly lovely. She was lost in Chagford, Devon, and looking for the pub that had Nick Bakers wedding reception in. She came up and asked me where it was :)

Matt Baker I met two years ago when he came to film countryfile at work. I wanted to take him home he was the nicest chap in the world. Nothing was too much and he had time for everyone! Genuinely chatty and down to earth.

Rik Mayall has bizarely walked into me twice in my home town. He lives [well used to anyway] in a neighbouring villiage. Each time he's been lovely, apologized and always called me 'darling' Again, Very down to earth.

I met Carloine Quentin in the departure lounge of an airport. We were both flying to Glasgow and she ended up sitting behind me, neither of us having people next to us we chatted for a while. Lovely, lovely person!

Lee Mack
    I met just before I saw him on stage. I know he is a comedian, but he was instantly funny, cracking jokes and having full on banter outside the theatre. Took the time to have a picture with everyone. Again, a very nice chap!

Anne Widecombe
    I also met at work and she was surprisingly nice. I didnt expect that at all, but again, she spent time saying hello to those who wanted a chat.

Frank Turner [singer] was so nice. Went to see him live and he stayed on for hours after meeting eveyone, asking where they were from and if they enjoyed the show. Taking picture with everyone, signing eveything! :D

The X factors Johnny Robinson and This Mornings Matt Johnson [again came to my work] now baring in mind this is a busy tourist attraction they spoke to everyone despite having to film a number of clips, both very polite.

My sister met Ant and Dec a few months back as she works in a golf club, she got their autographs for me and she said they were lovely. Signing pictures for everyone, just acting like normal blokes chating to everyone in the bar after their round of golf!
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Anne Widdecombe is demonised by people on the left of the political world, and even by some people in her own party. I disagree with her on most of the things she opines about. I've never met her, but the general consensus of people who have seems to be that she is a very likeable lady and even rather funny(!). She seems to take the attitude "I disagree with your politics/lifestyle/wallpaper, but let's go and have a coffee and talk about something else".
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    How many people are admitted to hospitals and fracture clinics with 'sports' injuries each year, needing long-term physiotherapy and using up NHS resources?
    Or is that okay because they are getting injured and sick in an 'acceptable' way?
    Smokers?
    People who go sleeping around and spreading STIs indiscriminately?
    Alcoholics and people who binge drink, getting themselves in to scrapes that land them in hospital?
    Other substance abusers?
    People 'inconveniently' living longer, having the unfortunate 'symptoms' of being old?
    Yes, the growing obesity crisis is a problem and a drain on health resources as are several other factors but hey, that's okay, let's pick on the fatties and god forbid if any female icon puts on weight. Somehow, it appears, they almost 'deserve' to be ridiculed. (BTW, I am not overweight, in case anyone thinks I've a personal axe to grind).
    There is 'overweight' and there is 'obese'. People who are 'overweight' are not necessarily unfit or unhealthy but women, especially, in the public eye, get pilloried for just carrying a few extra pounds.
    People need to be looking at their own shortcomings others than denigrating others (whether they're in the public eye or not) solely on the way they look.
    It always make me wonder when people express surprise at how much 'older' a famous person looks...as if somehow, because they are well-known, they are doing something wrong by ageing.
    If they have cosmetic interventions to make them look younger, they get ridiculed, too.
    On this level, I really don't envy celebrities.

Meanwhile, I'd love to meet all these 'perfect' people who never put a foot wrong and therefore think that gives them the right to tell others what they should do or be.....

Amen to that!!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soundcheck wrote: »
    Anne Widdecombe is demonised by people on the left of the political world, and even by some people in her own party. I disagree with her on most of the things she opines about. I've never met her, but the general consensus of people who have seems to be that she is a very likeable lady and even rather funny(!). She seems to take the attitude "I disagree with your politics/lifestyle/wallpaper, but let's go and have a coffee and talk about something else".

I think that could be part of her appeal. She knows that she's not going to meet people who agree with her all the time, but that's ok, there's always other things to talk about. If I were given the opportunity to meet somebody famous, she'd be in my top three. (Number one - Donny Osmond!!).
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when I owned a horse in the 1970's Bobby Moore used to bring his two children to the stables for riding lessons he was absolutely charming we had some Canadian relatives visit us & they were gobsmacked to see the captain of the 1966 World Cup team & got his autograph, must be worth a bit now :)
    his first wife Tina however was loudmouthed & vile used to roll up in a fur coat & stilettos !!
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I(Number one - Donny Osmond!!).

Help is available, you know. ;):D *insert-smiley-for-running-away-and-ducking*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hatz

I am so jealous you met Michaela Strachan...to me she is and always will be the best and most likeable presenter on tv!! I just think she is so compassionate and lovely. I would love to meet her.