A place to call home - new Australian drama

2»

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I gave this show another go and I take back my original post
    I watched both seasons in four days and what an addict I became. For a soap, it's very well written. There are some fantastic unpredictable twists. Thank god it got a double season order after its brief cancellation. Although the season 2 finale worked as a sort of series finale, it left you rather empty by the opening credits.

Season 3 is already in its second week of production and is set for a september return. I need Elizabeth in my life ASAP. What a brilliant character.
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I thought the series was cancelled until I read that Foxtel ( Australian major cable provider) bought the rights to renew it in 2015.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My local Library has both series DVD boxsets in stock.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was odd they cancelled it anyway. The ratings had declined but not to the point of cancellation. But the cancellation was big news and there was a major campaign to bring it back. One of the biggest an australian show has ever had.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    We're getting an Aussie show now in the US called Dr. Blake. He's the ME and solves crimes at the distress of the local chief. Fun show. The only other Australian show I remember was a sitcom where a man lived with his old mother. she was a hoot and I really liked it. Wish we got more from down under.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Area51FG wrote: »
    We're getting an Aussie show now in the US called Dr. Blake. He's the ME and solves crimes at the distress of the local chief. Fun show. The only other Australian show I remember was a sitcom where a man lived with his old mother. she was a hoot and I really liked it. Wish we got more from down under.

The Doctor Blake Mysteries has been shown on BBC1 in the afternoons here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There is another great show from Oz called Wentworth. It's like an Australian Bad Girls.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad Girls was a UK version of Prisoner Cell Block H, Wentworth is a update/remake of Cell Block H.

Oz is the male US version of Prisoner Cell Block H, but with ultraviolence. :)
  • inverness1967inverness1967 Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only other Australian show I remember was a sitcom where a man lived with his old mother. she was a hoot and I really liked it. Wish we got more from down under.

It was called 'Mother and Son'
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to admire their persistence in introducing new soaps