Options

Corrie Cull: Ten to go? (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    Axing 10 characters is needed for the show I think. However it'd be a shame for Marcus to go and for Sean to stay...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stefanino wrote: »
    The Sun? Nuff said: complete b/s...anyone who buys/reads/believes tabloid drivel shouldn't post such cr@p! :mad:

Cracks me up how some people fall for it :D This is about the 5th article we've had on who's being axed and no doubt there'll be several more before and after Blackburn takes over.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show needs freshening up, without a doubt. However, I'd take this article with a pinch of salt. For a start, Izzy is involved in a big storyline at the moment and I can't see her going- plus there are others who I would axe before her. Marcus is a great character and is actually popular- why on earth would they get rid of him?:confused: His storyline with Maria is gonna play out for a while I reckon- although I don't want her to get pregnant- we've had too many pregnancy storylines on Corrie over the past 2-3 years. Mandy could hardly be classed as a favourite, given that she just joined the show in Sept and hasn't really created waves to put in mildly! I could see Karl being axed, particularly with Sunita's departure plus there's litte chance of him and Stella getting back together. Wouldn't be too pushed if he did, the affair storyline did him no favours either. Rob really has been a damp squib and hasn't had much to do on-screen of-late.

My chosen ten would be as follows:
    - Karl
    - Paul
    - Chesney
    - Katy
    - Rob
    - Ryan
    - Tracy (develop Eva into the real bitch of the Street)
    - Mandy
    - Fiz
    - Kirk
    -
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Marcus smug and hypocritical. I wouldn't mind if he left, infact I'd like quite like it.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,694
    Forum Member
    The rumours are NOT true. :/
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All potential departures are linked to 'axeman' style stories when a new producer comes in.

Now what would be different would be for an outgoing producer to axe loads of characters weeks before his or her departure.

Send my cheque in the post, ITV ... :D
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rain wrote: »
    This isn't true. You can tell when stories are not, this is speculation and probably made up.

You'd think the Sun would avoid their Corrie insider after the whole Michelle Collins report that wasn't true.

What Michelle Collins report that wasn't true?
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Michelle Collins report that wasn't true?

If I remember rightly it was that she was quitting the show, it was a good few months if not a year or so ago ...
  • Options
    warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NOOOO! NOT Marcus . I love MArcus so he must stay.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member

You can rely on Digital Spy - they actually take the time to verify a story - instead of printing rubbish - just like the Sun with Michelle Collins, The Mirror with Lewis dying in a car crash. yawnnnn
  • Options
    SpiciesforverSpiciesforver Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Intresting
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of those five leaving would really mean anything to me. Actually, if Rob leaves, I'll get the party hats out.

I do like Marcus and Izzy though, and it would be a shame if they didn't even give the Kamaras a chance.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that most of the characters mentioned need to go - with the exception of Marcus, who is a good character with loads of potential. I think there's life for him beyond the current Maria storyline.

The other characters have either served their purpose, or failed to live up to expectations and won't be missed.

Did I see Dev's name on that list? If not, then it ought to be - he should leave along with Sunitta.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I'm not a great fan of any of these characters, it's nice to have an episode involving different story lines. I have a horrible feeling that it's going to return to being the 'peter and carla show'.

Please, please .... don't do it.

In fact, Corrie would benefit if the got rid of peter/carla/nick/leanne. And the small, 40 year old, curly one.
  • Options
    Green KnickersGreen Knickers Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As i just said on another thread -if the new EP isnt due to start until January surely that makes any denials about a cast cull of 10 worthless?Perhaps their just flying a kite to see what reaction they get?
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All potential departures are linked to 'axeman' style stories when a new producer comes in.

Now what would be different would be for an outgoing producer to axe loads of characters weeks before his or her departure.

Send my cheque in the post, ITV ... :D
    KK you should have been appointed EP!

There's plenty of deadwood on Corrie at the moment. Hopefully Sunita leaving is the start of a cull.

Others who should depart:
    1. Sean: Antony can't act, plays himself most of the time.

2. Paul: pointless character, no personality.

3. Izzy: she should depart after the surrogacy story which will no doubt end up going tits up. Boring character, average actress.

4. Karl: With Sunita departing, his character will become even more pointless. Stella works better without him.

5. Chesney: a good child actor, terrible adult actor. Katy could stay with the baby. Put Katy in the pub.

6. Brian: another pointless character who adds nothing to the show.

7. Rob: pointless character, bad actor. Great idea to introduce him as his sister departed.:rolleyes: Also a retcon.

8. Ryan: His return story has been terrible, average actor. He should go back to glasgow. Sophie is the only other person his age, she's a lesbian, and I don't want another cougar story.

9 & 10 Asha & Aadi should leave with Sunita.

The Kamaras should be given a chance. Jenna won't last but Mandy has potential.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please let the new producer broom sweep clean
    Sean
    Fiz
    Chesney
    Karl
    Rob
    Ryan
    Mandy
    Tracy
  • Options
    FlickJFlickJ Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    There are a few I'd like to go - Glad Sunita is going, hopefully Asda and Aldi will go with her and take Carl.

Stella I'd also like to see go, probably an unpopular comment but I wouldn't mind Gloria staying - great actress and think there is more to come from her, she just needs the writing for her character improved.

I think Emily Bishop has had her time (very much doubt she will be axed though) and wouldn't mind seeing the back of Dennis, Paul the tiny fireman, along with Marcus' new man and not even sure if they are still supposed to be in it but Bill and Pam need written out as does Ted (Gail's dad) - his disappearance has never been explained. Would like to at least have a mention of where he has been / what he has been doing - perhaps following a phone call to say he has died.

Not a Kim Marsh fan at all so would not be sorry to see the back of her and new boy Rob. Perhaps they could both be killed off in a car accident on the way to a business meeting in Leeds .
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpopular but I'd like to see Rita, Emily and Ken axed.
  • Options
    LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FlickJ wrote: »
    Stella I'd also like to see go, probably an unpopular comment but I wouldn't mind Gloria staying - great actress and think there is more to come from her, she just needs the writing for her character improved.
    Although I think the writing for Gloria has been terrible, I also think there has been something 'off' with Sue J's performance, I'm beginning to wonder if she has had surgery. I've loved her in other stuff and am sure she will be great in this year's Royle Family Christmas Special, maybe the acting in Corrie isn't as good as the character is not a very convincing one?
    priscilla wrote: »
    Unpopular but I'd like to see Rita, Emily and Ken axed.
    See while those characters don't do a lot I think the show would lose some of its sparkle with them gone, also it is a bit ageist to wipe out most of the older cast, they would need to be replaced.

I am not a huge fan of Emily Bishop myself but accept that she is part of the furniture and others do like her. I quite like Rita and Ken has his moments. They can be boring sometimes but I think they can also add weight to storylines; that is when Corrie aren't retconning something like the recent Betty death/funeral storyline. For example Rita has been the best thing about the recent Tommy/Tina surrogacy woes.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I remember rightly it was that she was quitting the show, it was a good few months if not a year or so ago ...

I would like to hear that rumour again.....even better, if it was true. :D
  • Options
    Aspie girlAspie girl Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I'd like to hear the devastating news that Carla and Peter had perished in Hurricane Sandy. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why isnt Sean or Sophie ever on these types of reports! Both are terrible characters played by awful peformers! I do think the Izzy one does make sense she'll proab leave after we have to suffer the predictable Tina wants to keep the baby plot! :yawn::sleep: Rob hasnt had the time to do anything its was stupid to bring him in just when Carla was going away i'd wait and see what he is like with Carla before axing him! And Mandy a fan fav PMSL! :D
  • Options
    summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I thought the sun and star were often more right than wrong on soap stories?

The Sun and the Star are the worst for having complete made-up fake Corrie spoilers!!