Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thatsmypen wrote: »
    I went to Birmingham too! That performance of 'Homeless' was amazing! Sadly i dont think the crowd showed her enough respect, at least not in my area and during Bleeding Love a woman sat her child down on my chest! But Leona really was fantastic.

I've seen her perform 6 times so far and every time she's blown me away

Gosh how have you seen her 6 times!!!
    Yeh homeless was amazing. People went mad when bleeding love was on i thought everyone was singing along so loudly, i think people just didnt know homeless so couldnt get that engaged in it. She was amazing though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the Sun's running out of nicknames lol
    Leon-abs Lewis

Leona said: "It goes halfway down my back, it's a poem about horses.

"The last bit is a quote but I made up the rest. It goes, 'To ride a horse is to ride the sky'."

But she said boyfriend LOU AL-CHAMAA was "annoyed" when he saw it.

Leona insisted she wasn't a shy girl any more, saying: "I'm not a walkover. You have to be tough in this business."

The full feature appears in this week's Grazia,on sale today.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2875435/Leona-Lewis-reveals-her-new-abs.html#ixzz0h4NkqBXc

:rolleyes::p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    XFactor tour, Birmingham Lights On, Capital FM Summertime Ball, Hackney show, Radio 2 show and when she was on Paul O Grady promoting Happy. Each time i have stared at her gormlessly open mouthed haha.

Yeah Bleeding Love was good:) It was like at Capital FM when everyone started singing Run with her, it was an awesome feeling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v14NKPI2vHQ just listen for the "light up light up" hehe, its awesome.
    I really hope she performs Homeless again because it was really powerful :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    double post :o :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Ok!!!! So People!!! What Are Your Favourite Things About Leona!!!???

In a word - everything :D:)

Seriously though, from the moment I saw and heard her on X Factor, I was hooked. It's funny, but literally just last night I was looking back at the posts on a forum(a musicians forum actually) I made about her while she was in the X Factor and they were all full of praise and positivity :) And how hot she is too of course ;)

I have always had somewhat of a crush on her :o She's extremely beautiful, has an incredibly sexy body(I LOVE the boobs too :D ) and what is on the inside is so attractive too. She's a lovely person - the world needs more like her.

I'm actually a guitarist and musician, and listen to classic rock, hard rock and blues mostly. I do like some Pop though, and Leona is right at the top of my list. I have always loved her voice, I love the messages and meanings behind her songs too. They sit proudly on my MP3 player amongst the likes of Iron Maiden, Journey, Dio and Dream Theater :cool:

Despite what the narrow minded haters think, I think she is an outstanding performer, and I have always been transfixed by her when I have seen her on stage(only on TV so far). Myself and my wife(we are both massive fans) are going to see her in June and we are literally counting down the days. We read Dreams together too, and loved it.

It frustrates me when other people don't 'get' her, but I always think it's their loss. She is such a special person, as well as a special musician, singer and artist. My life is better with Leona and her music in it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XFactor tour, Birmingham Lights On, Capital FM Summertime Ball, Hackney show, Radio 2 show and when she was on Paul O Grady promoting Happy. Each time i have stared at her gormlessly open mouthed haha.

Yeah Bleeding Love was good:) It was like at Capital FM when everyone started singing Run with her, it was an awesome feeling - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v14NKPI2vHQ just listen for the "light up light up" hehe, its awesome.
    I really hope she performs Homeless again because it was really powerful :)

You are so lucky to have got Hackney show AND radio 2 i applied for both and didnt get either i was so disappointed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Thatsmypen Can you tell me where you got your GIFs from on the OS? I like you sig on there :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    LiveFTW! wrote: »
    @Thatsmypen Can you tell me where you got your GIFs from on the OS? I like you sig on there :)

Oh you mean the one of Le pouting in her Brits dress? Vasanax did it for me, it's from the Brits after show party : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLPKOiqyo2c

And sofreshsoclean i didn't actually win either too :( But i just hunted around ALOT for people with spares lol,i was just so disappointed when i didnt get them, especially Hackney, it was a very stressful experience. But for Hackney i made friends with a lovely person it turns out i have a lot in common with so another thing to be grateful to Leona for hehe.
  • Options
    Frank823Frank823 Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously, it goes without saying that her voice is amazing, but I really find her humility endearing. She's just a great role model for everyone; she has so much talent, but her feet are firmly on the ground.
    right, next question, to keep the convo going, has anyone seen her live and if so where?
    The DIVAs concert! It would have been a perfect experience but this annoying girl slightly pissed me off the entire night. And I was stuck right next to her, in the pit, so that wasn't very fun. :p

Leona's even more gorgeous in person, by the way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see i got you on the New Zealand itunes chart, currently at #32
    Slightly off topic but iwas suprised to see Cheryl Cole at #1 with Fight for this love on the German i-tunes, quite a big market for her to crack.. if she cracks it!
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Ive decided Naked is now my fave song of hers
  • Options
    spiideyspiidey Posts: 16,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

1. Voice - perfect studio recording voice, almost always pitch perfect when live, love the subtle changes she makes in live performances, has a great range that can really add depth to a song, absolutely love her belting, and her vibrato is just about the only vibrato in the world that doesn't grate on me - quite the contrary in fact, I love it.

2. Personality - beautiful person on the inside. Great strength of character, very warm and loving, outstanding good set of morals. The world needs more people like her

3. Her body - it literally is just perfect. Not too tall, nice and proportioned (not too slim, not too big), great assets (ass and puppies)

4. Her lips - nice and big and juicy, just the way I like them :D

5. Her style - classy, elegant, breathtaking.
    What is your favourite Leona baps moment?

For me it's the Run video when she's running through the woods, her jugs are bouncing up and down to the music.

Mine is the near "Janet Jackson" moment in IGY where her right breast looked like it was about to pop out of her top. That was followed by grave disappointment when said event did not occur :(
    Rodney you are obsessed with boobage! Ryan and Krusty i hope you realise there is someone worse than me out there! haha

right, next question, to keep the convo going, has anyone seen her live and if so where?

Just twice - once at the X Factor Tour, and once at Radio 2. Can't wait until May/June though - seeing her twice on tour, so doubling up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IGY #17 in Wednesday midweeks
    Echo still not top 40.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice to see the mood has picked up. I'd rank:

1) Personality
    2) Voice
    3) EYES (Forgive Me < reminder :p)
    4) Hair :D
    5) Feminine assets :o:p

They are all amazing though.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member

Just Capital FM Summertime Ball for me. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    If radio back them (and it looks like they will) they could be very successful. As with the UK, there's a big gap in the market (even if the material isn't that great). I just wasn't sure that radio would take to the material (some of the lyrics wouldn't be out of place in a Shayne Ward song). I guess it will be "Beat Again" next (the weakest of their singles, IMO) then "One Shot".

:eek: Beat Again their weakest single? I still think that's their strongest (and best - catchiest, biggest hook).

They've got a great chance of cracking the US, but more importantly following it up with consistent strong material (BA 2nd, OS 3rd).
    bentab123 wrote: »
    Nice to see i got you on the New Zealand itunes chart, currently at #32

Hopefully it can keep climbing a bit. You're right, nice to see it charting elsewhere.
    She [Alicia] has a good voice but her singing is not very good. She has no control and shouts alot and shes the only person i have ever known to sing so off key on a studio version of a song. She has no sense of vocal key or pitch which is rather strange considering she is a piano player and therefore is likely to have perfect pitch (the ability to recognize any note and its octave by just hearing it)

I agree with this!! Alicia's studio voice really annoys me in DMA (although I actually quite like that song now). Sorry Alicia fans. Just in the chorus, she ends every single note with a shrill bit of vibrato and it grates the hell out of me! Agree she also shouts a lot. I still can't work out just how good a voice she has as there seems to be so many bits that aren't quite right.
    bentab123 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but iwas suprised to see Cheryl Cole at #1 with Fight for this love on the German i-tunes, quite a big market for her to crack.. if she cracks it!

Happy also got #1 on German iTunes but didn't make the top spot on the official charts there (where did it chart?).

Good for Cheryl, FFTL is a great song so nice to see her having success elsewhere, particularly with her current personal difficulties.
    saxman25o wrote: »
    I noticed during the Spirit ERA that many people , seemed to have bought Spirit off the back of Bleeding love and a lot of comments on the likes of Amazon etc reviews were it was (other than bleeding love ) bland or boring the re release was boosted with the addition of Run both these sold the album ,but having bought the album and finding the remaining tracks relatively not to their taste and as a result many who bought Spirit ( ie the missing 2 millions uk )might have not bought into Echo sadly missing out on what I believe quality wise to be a superior album
    Spirit might still be selling off the back of those popular songs as it has
    Bleeding love
    Run
    Better in time
    Footprints in the sand
    forgive me
    a moment like this and first time all hits and recogniseable songs the public can still connect with.

I agree with this. That, together with the "novelty factor" of the X Factor winner tag wearing off (and Happy) has led to the decline in sales.

As has already been stated though, the sales are just fine so far. Its just a pity that in her 2nd biggest market (US) it looks as if J have thrown in the towel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've seen her sing 3 times now. X Factor tour in '07, singing Run on the X Factor show in '08, and at the Hackney Empire showcase last year. :)

@spiidey - I'm an Alicia fan (big one!) but I'm not offended. She does shout quite often and I think it's just a part of her 'raw' style. She's a soul singer so I think she places more emphasis on her words and expressing them in a raw way than she does hitting perfect notes. I don't mind it personally, except for sometimes when she over does it, particularly in a live situation lol. :) She can sing quite sweetly when she wants to but I think she tends more to the 'raw' tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member
    From Ryan on the official...interesting:
    Speaking with J Records and regarding a "2nd single" this is what was said:

"Leona'a label syco has yet to inform us of their plans. As you probably know her second single was pulled to allow Atlantic records to work Leona's song from the Avatar soundtrack. That has not gone well and we now await a decision from syco regarding the release of a 2nd single from Echo."

ugh :rolleyes::(:mad: Does anyone around Leona have a clue :rolleyes:.

If its true it looks like SyCo makes decisions regarding singles in both US and the UK.
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mm83 wrote: »

If its true it looks like SyCo makes decisions regarding singles in both US and the UK.

If J don't choose the singles, what exactly do they do? Madness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mm83 wrote: »

That sounds odd - seems like they're basically saying they piggy back on the SyCo releases every single time.

So what happened when SyCo went with FM? How did IWB get released in the US?

Also, they're saying that IGY was pulled to allow Atlantic to work ISY. Ok, can understand that. But can't see how it then follows that because that didn't go well they're awaiting SyCo's decision regarding the 2nd single:-

* SyCo had already picked IGY for UK release before IGY was pulled in the US in favour of ISY
    * How ISY "went well/badly" in the US has no impact on whether IGY, or any other single from Leona, should go in the US, for 3 reasons:-
    i. ISY was on a different label;
    ii. ISY wasn't available as an individual download in the US so how it "charted" is irrelevant;
    iii. ISY got little to no airplay so public probably didn't hear it/weren't aware of it as a "Leona" single.
    * Once the ISY promo was out of the way, re-send IGY to adds in the US. Simples.

Or are they suggesting they think SyCo are actually considering something else as the 2nd US single? Have SyCo *shock horror* recognised that IGY hasn't performed as well as expected in the UK? Do they understand the reasons underpinning its underperformance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spiidey wrote: »
    That sounds odd - seems like they're basically saying they piggy back on the SyCo releases every single time.

So what happened when SyCo went with FM? How did IWB get released in the US?

Good point actually, I wish they would just do something,anything. Announce a 3rd album/2nd single just something to back up Larry Jackson's statement that they back Leona and this project.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    If J don't choose the singles, what exactly do they do? Madness.

From the sound of it, looks like they do the following:-

* Distribution arm;
    * Funding conduit (£3 million investment);
    * Book promo appearances (although SyCo, through Cowell, obviously do this too);
    * Promote the track to radio.

Anything else?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the sound of it, looks like they do the following:-

* Distribution arm;
    * Funding conduit (£3 million investment);
    * Book promo appearances (although SyCo, through Cowell, obviously do this too);
    * Promote the track to radio.

Anything else?

Well there has been a distinct lack of the last point. I suppose they probably have alot of contacts in the industry in terms of recording with the best producers etc.

It just seems strange that they have nothing to do with choosing the single. I suspect there is alot more going on behind the scenes, Jackson alluded to difficulties and problems that were not J or Leona's fault. Maybe they blame SyCo?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Well there has been a distinct lack of the last point. I suppose they probably have alot of contacts in the industry in terms of recording with the best producers etc.

It just seems strange that they have nothing to do with choosing the single. I suspect there is alot more going on behind the scenes, Jackson alluded to difficulties and problems that were not J or Leona's fault. Maybe they blame SycO?

If they blame SyCo, then why do they not pick the bloody singles themselves! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they blame SyCo, then why do they not pick the bloody singles themselves! :rolleyes:

Well that would just be too easy wouldn't it! Them saying ISY caused problems seems stupid because as you say it was never released by itself and it was never picked up by radio. Bar an appearance on the Today Show there was no real indication that it was being released.

She is their artist, surely they could actually show some sign of interest rather than passing the buck, saying they are waiting on SyCo which maybe is just a cop out.
This discussion has been closed.