Last Movie You Watched? (Part 3)

Comments

• jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    The Wolfman (2010)

Not bad, but predictable, and relied too much on "BOOOO!!" type scares. 6.5/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Machete (2010)

As a film, it'd get 7/10, but in terms of my enjoyment of the intentional silliness (which the reviewers seemed to miss...), i'd give it 9/10. I had a massive grin on my face all the way through it :D
  • GortGort Posts: 7,466
    Forum Member
    The Jacket

Adrien Brody, Keira Knightley, Kris Kristofferson and Kelly Lynch star in a film about a Gulf War veteran wrongly sent to a mental institution after the killing of a cop, who is experimented with isolation as a form of treatment. The isolation treatment causes him to have flashbacks of his future, changing his life forever. The film, despite the odd premise, is quite good, touching and watchable.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Little Otik - 1998.

Czech fairy tale/horror film about a childless woman who becomes obsessed with a tree stump in the shape of a baby, she believes it is her son - and then it comes to life.

I really enjoyed this highly unusual and imaginative film. I thought it wouldn't be my 'type', but it was brilliant.

8/10
  • JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Old Dark House (1932) 8/10
    Under The Bridges (Unter den Brücken) (1945) 7/10
  • Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghost

That film is fantastic on so many levels. Although most people seem to view it positively I think it is underrated as I can't remember ever seeing it on the greatest movies countdowns and I think it deserves it as it mixes so many genres and topics brilliantly.

It is even sadder watching it as well after what happened to Patrick Swayze
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

No as good as the first two as too much from the book was cut out. It needed at least an extra 20 minutes.
    I prefered this to the Harry Potter film even if that is an better film over all.

7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    Aguirre, the Wrath of God - I was expecting to like this a lot more than I did, to be honest. It was decent, and the final 20 minutes were pretty good, but most of it felt fairly flat for me. Klaus Kinski was pretty awesome as some kind of lopsided anti-hero, and the final scene was quite powerful. But overall... disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rabbit Hole (2010) 8.5/10
    The Blessing (Velsignelsen) (2009) 7/10
  • Achtung!Achtung! Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inception on Blu-Ray

Very good - 9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    I've never been sure about Ben Affleck, but tonight, my opinion changed. He directs and stars in The Town. Watch it! - it's a sublime film. 8/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere. Possibly the most boring film I've ever seen. Virtually nothing happens, there's no real story or character development. It's like watching two random people you don't care about go about their lives for two hours. Makes It's Complicated look like Hard Target.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Penance (last night)..Not nice at the end
    cutting womens bits off, and man cutting his balls off
    :D...One of those shaky camera work films, give me a headache :(....4/10
  • puffenstuffpuffenstuff Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dug out lots of holiday favourites here with xmas approaching and theyre all tim burton movies

last few days watched edward scissorhands, sleepy hollow, charlie and the chocolate factory and alice in wonderland

i intend to watch the grinch over xmas with jim carey
    Forum Member
    dug out lots of holiday favourites here with xmas approaching and theyre all tim burton movies

last few days watched edward scissorhands, sleepy hollow, charlie and the chocolate factory and alice in wonderland

i was laughing in work, about being christmas and watching xmas family films..There's me watching my horrors :D..being killed, torchered and slashed is my ideal christmas:D :D
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Does he know when it'll be on?

Regards

Mark
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Applaus (2009) 6/10
  • cricket123cricket123 Posts: 542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched lier lier yesteday on itv. Very good film: 10/10
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Santa Clause - 7/10
    The Santa Clause 2 - 8/10

Both really good Christmas films, but I enjoy the second one more, think it's funnier and Elizabeth Mitchell is always a bonus :D
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Inception - 8/10 Thumbs up for a genuinely intriguing Hollywood blockbuster, but a few points knocked off for some slow pacing in parts, and ultimately for being a tad predictable. Or maybe they thought it clever to build up to a twist where the twist was there was no twist, who knows?

Regards

Mark
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    Inception - 8/10 Thumbs up for a genuinely intriguing Hollywood blockbuster, but a few points knocked off for some slow pacing in parts, and ultimately for being a tad predictable. Or maybe they thought it clever to build up to a twist where the twist was there was no twist, who knows?

Regards

Mark

haha, i love the fact that the twist is that there may or may not be a twist.

The A-Team 7/10
    Magnolia 8/10 (would be 10 if it wasn't some extremely surreal ending)
    Forum Member
    Twelve..Good horror..but why do
    they cut tongues out in every horror film i see :D
    and

Cherry Tree Lane...Another good one, ending was good :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aeon Flux 6/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gort wrote: »
    The Jacket

Adrien Brody, Keira Knightley, Kris Kristofferson and Kelly Lynch star in a film about a Gulf War veteran wrongly sent to a mental institution after the killing of a cop, who is experimented with isolation as a form of treatment. The isolation treatment causes him to have flashbacks of his future, changing his life forever. The film, despite the odd premise, is quite good, touching and watchable.

Watched it and enjoyed it as well.
This discussion has been closed.