Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 43)

Comments

• Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not playlisted on R1
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Nothing on BBCR1 as well, although I expect them to snub this one.

Well, whatever, I'm off to enjoy the album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Well, I really doubt Glassheart would be playlisted by BBCR2. It's probably too early for them to playlist FF, seeing who's playlisted, it will be a big blow if they don't playlist Leona.

I didn't mean R2; I meant by anyone (I should have specified). I thinks it's odd we have some a special hope in ballads selling the album when R2 who essentially snubbed her during Trouble is our only hope. Other stations would eat GH up, but that supposedly wouldn't do anything since it's not a ballad. :confused:
  • Options
    leonalewisneweraleonalewisnewera Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    Glassheart needs to be the next single.
    It has an catchy beat - like what Bleeding Love has. Glassheart has this unique beat that people would catch really quickly and when it comes on the radio, they would immediately know it is Glassheart just from the intro.

Just my opinion :)
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    I agree Glassheart should be next single/should have been a single earlier. I just hope it won't be too late if/when they decide to release it.
  • Options
    leonalewisneweraleonalewisnewera Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    What I kind of notice (I think) is that people today are drawn to a memorable tune, a catchy beat and a song that catches their attention right from the start. I don't know why, but no matter how many times I listen to Glassheart (the song), it just never gets boring, just like Bleeding Love - never gets old for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I kind of notice (I think) is that people today are drawn to a memorable tune, a catchy beat and a song that catches their attention right from the start. I don't know why, but no matter how many times I listen to Glassheart (the song), it just never gets boring, just like Bleeding Love - never gets old for me.

I can listen to any track on GH on repeat and it wouldn't bore me :p

Anyway.. Fireflies is next single so we have to deal with it and we'll see how it goes.
  • Options
    LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats unbelievable is forum members know what songs will work on radio,but leona and her management cant seem to figure out what will work on radio.Glassheart,lovebird,come alive,favorite scar and sugar are much better choices than trouble or fireflies.Leona made a damn good album,and their is some great material to choose from,but they keep making the wrong choices.Im not gonna have a meltdown about fireflies not being playlisted today,ill give it another 2 weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many 'know it all's' on here! You really haven't a clue!! It's laughable.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bentab123 wrote: »

Lol I reckon we do somewhat have a clue, considering the people who are gonna buy the music kinda know what's gonna work best
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Well you really believe that Fireflies will be playlisted? I mean... I'm an optimist but come on it's Fireflies!!! Huge song but it's not radio-friendly at all (but there are Christmas so it could work who knows?). :D

It's gonna be like this:
    No radio support at all(or less then Trouble)
    Few big performances (they should help to sell the album over the Christmas)
    Video with 1,5 million of views with VEVO promotion ;)
    New Year - third single - Glassheart will safe our asses ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you really believe that Fireflies will be playlisted? I mean... I'm an optimist but come on it's Fireflies!!! Huge song but it's not radio-friendly at all (but there are Christmas so it could work who knows?). :D

It's gonna be like this:
    No radio support at all(or less then Trouble)
    Few big performances (they should help to sell the album over the Christmas)
    Video with 1,5 million of views with VEVO promotion ;)
    New Year - third single - Glassheart will safe our asses ;)

It'll need to be or Leona's ass will hit the bottom :p
  • Options
    amo1980amo1980 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Lol I reckon we do somewhat have a clue, considering the people who are gonna buy the music kinda know what's gonna work best

yeah, but get a random group of DS posters in a room to plan the whole campaign... u think anyone would be leaving alive? and to be fair, i would have bought the album based on 'Favourite Scar' as a lead, but that doesnt seem very popular here... everyone has a different opinion... but thats all they are, no one here has any real insight into why and how the decisions being made are made :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    It'll need to be or Leona's ass will hit the bottom :p

Someone should pushes her bottom in Glassheart video :cool: Any volunteers? No ? Okay, I'm in. :cool:
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What? And you think you do? If not, I can't see what's so funny about wanting such a talented vocalist to be successful. Get some perspective. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amo1980 wrote: »
    yeah, but get a random group of DS posters in a room to plan the whole campaign... u think anyone would be leaving alive? and to be fair, i would have bought the album based on 'Favourite Scar' as a lead, but that doesnt seem very popular here... everyone has a different opinion... but thats all they are, no one here has any real insight into why and how the decisions being made are made :p

Well obviously none of us know what's right or what's wrong, but when I look at the songs, I look at them from the publics perspective. Favourite Scar, I do like and I see it being single-worthy, but then again a lot of the songs can be made single worthy, but we can't be having like 9 singles from one album :p

Glassheart, probably the most popular song across the board, I'd still not make that the lead single because it doesn't give an idea of the direction of the album. We would have needed a single that would be radio friendly, yet not neglect any of Leona's fans. The only songs I think could have done that were I To You, Lovebird, Un Love Me, When It Hurts and possibly Sugar. The only problem is as a 'lead' single they are not huge songs.

But at the moment, I do see why SyCopaths chose Fireflies. It does seem popular, and would be a great song for the run up to christmas, only problem is it will struggle for airplay.

Imo, the strongest songs (and best received) seem to be the ones that step away from Leona's niche - and I think that's a problem because then it's isolating some of Leona's fans. The strongest songs from the album seem to be Glassheart, Sugar, Come Alive, Lovebird, Un Love Me. However, the first three I mentioned arent exactly 'typical Leona' songs. And if she released them, it would more than likely show that Leona has changed as an artist and may confuse people who love the 'Ballad Leona'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we know that Trouble has more then 2million views? :D
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Come on, there are some forumers actually do know what they are talking about while a minority like me come on here for a bit of fun :D
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does Fireflies actually have a release date yet? I know there was a rumour, but has anything been officially confirmed?
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We've been drawn into memorable catchy tunes since music has started way back in time - you hear it in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s and the modern era too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Did we know that Trouble has more then 2million views? :D

It's gonna be Vevo certificated soon!!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gonna be Vevo certificated soon!!! :eek:

98 millions to go! :cool: We can do this before January 1st!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    98 millions to go! :cool: We can do this before January 1st!

2113 yes !:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://vimeo.com/28130829

Does everybody remember this video? Leona looks incredible in it, I love when she gets hit by the chalk :')
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has this actually been sent out to radio yet? As if it had surely we would know the release date? So maybe that is why it wasn't playlisted, it hasn't been sent out.
This discussion has been closed.