Missing Syria GIrls Father on Pro Terrorist March

1192021222325»

Comments

• Options
    Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MargMck wrote: »
    For anyone in doubt (and I was) it's been an eye-opener about the integrity of the media and the forces that must exist within some newsdesks' middle management and beyond to squash any story that doesn't go along with their agenda.

I'm not saying the Daily Mail doesn't do this when it suits, but at least the DM is ensuring that a large chunk of people know the truth about Jihadi Daddy, even if others are doing their best to keep the lid on this one.

He's a hardliner and a liar, the teddy bear and Chelsea shirt is a facade, but some 'journalists' are still pumping out this false image.

Hasn't the DM's update on this story been lifted from The Times? Where did I read that? Can't remember, but I'm sure I did. :confused:
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone in doubt (and I was) it's been an eye-opener about the integrity of the media and the forces that must exist within some newsdesks' middle management and beyond to squash any story that doesn't go along with their agenda..

I kind of agree. considering what a massive story it was when it first broke, followed by him and the family all over the press and media making statements and calling for her to return.

There does seem to be something dodgy going on here.
  • Options
    hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Hasn't the DM's update on this story been lifted from The Times? Where did I read that? Can't remember, but I'm sure I did. :confused:

Yes you are right. The DM often (more than often) Nick stories from others.

I'd like to read the Times article because from the bit I can see it seems that the families of the other girls have cut Mr Hussen off from them.

No more joint trips to Turkey or the Palaces of Westminster I guess.

ETA, in fact I would like to hear from these families, with perhaps an acknowledgment about their hasty blaming of the police.

I read that not only Mr Hussen, but the father of the first girl who left from Behnal Green Academy, initially turned to CAGE for advice.......
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    bookcover wrote: »
    Pity the Muslims do not make such nuanced distinctions when tarring all Jews with the bad brush, or all Christians with the animal fodder brush.

http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/hedgerow/files/2015/03/05.20.14news-trull-hitler-bus-edit.jpg

probably tme to put these posters on buses here :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bluefb wrote: »
    Tosser. What a nerve he's got, blaming the police for not stopping his terrorist daughter. He probably hand-picked her Jihadi husband himself.

then vote UKIP
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you are right. The DM often (more than often) Nick stories from others.

I'd like to read the Times article because from the bit I can see it seems that the families of the other girls have cut Mr Hussen off from them.

No more joint trips to Turkey or the Palaces of Westminster I guess.

ETA, in fact I would like to hear from these families, with perhaps an acknowledgment about their hasty blaming of the police.

I read that not only Mr Hussen, but the father of the first girl who left from Behnal Green Academy, initially turned to CAGE for advice.......

Yes I'd like to know what the families of the two other Jihadettes feel about Hussen. He was front of stage when all the weeping woe was going on. There was also that odd bit at the Select Committee hearing when the senior police officer revealed that they believe the trip had been funded by the theft of family jewellery. Some of the family witnesses gave that a look of disbelief, either angry it came out, or in shock. There's an additional story here. It may well be that the other families feel the 'groomer' in the case of their kids was him and his daughter.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I'd like to know what the families of the two other Jihadettes feel about Hussen. He was front of stage when all the weeping woe was going on. There was also that odd bit at the Select Committee hearing when the senior police officer revealed that they believe the trip had been funded by the theft of family jewellery. Some of the family witnesses gave that a look of disbelief, either angry it came out, or in shock. There's an additional story here. It may well be that the other families feel the 'groomer' in the case of their kids was him and his daughter.

Indeed.

But at the risk of putting on my tinfoil hat - with the exception of the Mail this story seems to have been completely buried and I find that rather sinister - especially the BBC's paper reviews which have airbrushed the Mail out of existence whenever they have mentioned Hussen.
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes it would be interesting to hear the other families side of the story. But I very much doubt they would be willing to speak to the press or perhaps they have been advised not to by their legal representation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed.

But at the risk of putting on my tinfoil hat - with the exception of the Mail this story seems to have been completely buried and I find that rather sinister - especially the BBC's paper reviews which have airbrushed the Mail out of existence whenever they have mentioned Hussen.

It casts doubt on the legitimacy of the BBC 'paper reviews'. Between them the Sun, Mail and Mirror outsell all the other "nationals" each day. The Mail outsells the Guardian nine times, and the Independent 30 times over, but the BBC would much rather talk about them, I suppose.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I had a reply from the BBC:
    Thank you for contacting the BBC.

I understand you are concerned about BBC News coverage of allegations that Abase Hussen attended extremist rallies. I note you feel it important this story is included in our reports given coverage previously of Mr Hussen’s daughter’s disappearance.

We are aware of video said to show Mr Hussen at a rally in 2012 and have looked into the matter ourselves.

We did not consider it merited a report on its own, but it was included in a TV report due to run on the evening of Friday, March 27th. Unfortunately, because of other news priorities - including the court verdict in the Amanda Knox/Meredith Kercher case - it did not make it to air.

There are several factors that we take into consideration when deciding how to put together our news bulletins. For example, whether the story is new and requires immediate coverage, how unusual the story is, and how much national interest there is in it. These decisions are always judgement calls rather than an exact science, however it is a story that we may well return to in the future.

Thank you again for raising this matter.

Kind regards

BBC Complaints

I smell BS.
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What twaddle i really wish we could opt out the BBC and the licence fee pile of rubbish
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j0anne wrote: »
    What twaddle i really wish we could opt out the BBC and the licence fee pile of rubbish

You can. Just do what I do, don't pay it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    j0anne wrote: »

Given the current media debate surrounding the nature of radicalisation, the revelation that one of the fathers attended an extremist rally strikes me as being of great "national interest". But I guess the BBC thought otherwise.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given the current media debate surrounding the nature of radicalisation, the revelation that one of the fathers attended an extremist rally strikes me as being of great "national interest". But I guess the BBC thought otherwise.

The bbc think it knows whats in the British public best interests>:(
    Plus they do not want to upset the muslims views.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    The bbc think it knows whats in the British public best interests>:(
    Plus they do not want to upset the muslims views.

When the story broke, Majjid Newaz tweeted the Daily Mail story caused 'anti-Muslim hate'.

It's safe to assume the BBC don't want to be accuseed of causing 'Islamophobia'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a reply from the BBC:

I smell BS.

You are right to.
    This matter has completely changed my perspective of the BBC after 40 plus years. I'll not trust it again. It's not that I don't recognise their right to work with 'news priorities', but in this case they themselves had been pushing out a false perspective. In choosing to stop covering the story when the truth came out they have really shown themselves up.
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the story broke, Majjid Newaz tweeted the Daily Mail story caused 'anti-Muslim hate'.

It's safe to assume the BBC don't want to be accuseed of causing 'Islamophobia'

Or they're scared of upsetting the 'peaceful Muslim' community and don't want Abdul, Jamal, Tariq and friends storming their buildings, lobbing grenades and magdumping AKs before executing hostages live on air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are right to.
    This matter has completely changed my perspective of the BBC after 40 plus years. I'll not trust it again. It's not that I don't recognise their right to work with 'news priorities', but in this case they themselves had been pushing out a false perspective. In choosing to stop covering the story when the truth came out they have really shown themselves up.

That just about sums it up. For day after day, both on the TV and their news website, the BBC had no problems with covering the story in every detail. When something unpalatable popped up they dropped the story like a hot potato. It's so obvious.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, that Knox/Kercher case was more the stuff of TV drama and had little impact other than the families involved. The terrorist supporting father was far more important as it involved the police, select committees, Islamic state and the muslim community in general.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That just about sums it up. For day after day, both on the TV and their news website, the BBC had no problems with covering the story in every detail. When something unpalatable popped up they dropped the story like a hot potato. It's so obvious.

And of course, none of their pathetic excuse covers the strange case of how they managed to 'lose' the Daily Mail during the paper reviews. >:(. If there was no time to cover the story on the main news because of Foxy Knoxy , it could easily have been dealt with in the review section but somehow all mention of the DM, a top selling paper, just vanished. Arrogant agenda-suiting bastids.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And of course, none of their pathetic excuse covers the strange case of how they managed to 'lose' the Daily Mail during the paper reviews. >:(. If there was no time to cover the story on the main news because of Foxy Knoxy , it could easily have been dealt with in the review section but somehow all mention of the DM, a top selling paper, just vanished. Arrogant agenda-suiting bastids.

Unfortunately I failed to mention that in my original complaint. The email I received is out-going only so if I want to reply I have to do it via the BBC's website. I didn't see the segment where the Mail was dropped from the paper reviews. I don't suppose anyone knows which day it happened? Or when exactly?
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are rapidly losing people's respect with their utterly blatant pro-Islamic agenda.

Whatever happened to the BBC's famed journalistic neutrality?
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    They have a 24hr news channel and couldn't even fit it into that?