Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    didie wrote: »
    Fantastic!

Thank you :)

No problem :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Yeah, great news, just Sky+ it now so not to miss any episodes.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 1 wasn't great imo bit I'm hoping S2 will be good.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised we haven't had the usual suspects come along and say "What is the BBC doing wasting my licence fee on buying this foreign rubbish when they should be making original drama??" :rolleyes:
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The interesting thing was to see English used in some of the Swedish episodes where the characters and by inference viewers took this in stride. As they would because they speak good English there.

The least we can do is put up with subtitles to watch this excellent production.

Anyone who likes the UK version owes it to themselves to watch the original as they will be rewarded. And feel very much at home.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so excited about this that it's almost indecent. Although I am going to seriously miss Linda and Stefan.
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who likes the UK version owes it to themselves to watch the original as they will be rewarded...
    Not forgetting, of course that "Rolf" came before "Krister" and "Ken"!

http://www.the-medium-is-not-enough.com/2010/01/the_three_wallanders_-_kenneth_brannagh_rolf_lassg.php

K
  • mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent, it feels like Series one has been on heavy rotation for about 3 years now!
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    I know this is a dumb question is this a new series without his daugher and Stefan ?
  • juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Bra :)

Tusan tack:cool:
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »
    I am so excited about this that it's almost indecent. Although I am going to seriously miss Linda and Stefan.

ah so it is new, that great news, I love this show I am going downstairs now to skyplus!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought I'd bump this thread in preparation for tonight :)
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Will the BBC be showing this, from the makers of Wallander?
    http://www.sfinternational.se/series/crime-series-irene-huss-1

I have seen it on ARD from Germany. It's quite good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mike_1101 wrote: »
    Will the BBC be showing this, from the makers of Wallander?
    http://www.sfinternational.se/series/crime-series-irene-huss-1

I have seen it on ARD from Germany. It's quite good.

I'd hope so cos that looks good
  • Mike_1101Mike_1101 Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I had never heard of "Svensk Filmindustri" before Wallander. It seems to have a very long history and some interesting material in its archives.
    http://www.sfinternational.se/scandinavia
  • soda syphonsoda syphon Posts: 276
    Forum Member

I know why his screen daughter isn't in it, but why not Stefan, what's happened to him?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio Times says thst tonights episode is cinematic having had a cinema release in Scandinavia but to enjoy these 13 episodes as they are the last with the current actor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump for that silly bug again!

When are DS going to fix this?
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know why his screen daughter isn't in it, but why not Stefan, what's happened to him?

You missed the last episode of the last series? OMG it was a bit dramatic. Do you really want to know?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    More screen time for Nyberg and Svartmann hopefully
  • soda syphonsoda syphon Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    You missed the last episode of the last series? OMG it was a bit dramatic. Do you really want to know?

NO, sorry, I have it recorded but, like the last piece of chocolate, I'm saving it for a rainy day. Perhaps I should watch it PDQ!
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    NO, sorry, I have it recorded but, like the last piece of chocolate, I'm saving it for a rainy day. Perhaps I should watch it PDQ!

I would, otherwise it might be spoiled for you in this episode
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought there were some good changes from S1. Direction and photography looked much better. Lots of little touches throughout that I appreciated, though the feel of the police team seemed slightly less assured.

Story was standard stuff though with a predictable outcome.
    Anyway well done to the swedes for improving their Wallander. ;):)
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness something to write about in these forums at last! (I just cannot get into the 'reality' shows, quiz and cooking ones!)
    Just watched the 1st ep of series 2. Although it takes more concentration because of subtitles, it was abolutely brilliant as was Series 1.
    I love the fact that the actors are so normal - no Hollywood types, or glitzy actresses. Acting is very naturalistic and I do prefer the Swedish version of Wallander. Much as I admire Branagh as an actor, I can't stand his Wallander. All tears and emoting and 'poor me'...
    Poignant moment when Wallander was asked if the photo on his desk was of his daughter. Didn't show that poor actress's face and he just said "yes" very quietly.
    She is a sad loss. I miss Stefan too but I think the new cast will work well.