Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I remember similar posts when Amanda didnt stay the night or return for breakfast....how can they fill in a form when they havent stayed overnight or experienced the breakfast :confused:
    MRSgotobed wrote: »
    Amanda and her husband also called Del up to the room to talk to him immediately and tell him of their intention not to stay.
    i can't remember if they attended the dinner though. Why can't I remember, when I only watched it a few weeks ago? Oh dear.

Its just rude to not show up for breakfast the next day. That Borrowby woman was a miserable begrudging person and Veronica and Saida seem very similar. I dont know why these people elect to show their flaws on national TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »
    :D I hope BIB is on next week.
    And agreed what a lot of fuss over a not great but minor matter. Shame the owner said it was her daughters old mattress, poor girl:cool:

Now Dogturdgate would be a gate too far :D
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever the rights and wrongs - ooh, controversial :D which is good - Veronica and the silent assassin both 'said' the room smelt of vomit. After stripping the bed, Veronica said, paraphrasing but accurately, that 'It didn't smell, had been cleaned, but had bad staining'. Now that doesn't make sense. Think about it. She said there was a smell, stripped the bed and said the mattress did not smell, had been cleaned but had bad stains. :confused:

I pointed that out to my OH at the time and we re-ran that bit to check.

Either the mattress smelt or it did not smell. I am not entering into the Staingate part, just pointing out that there is something not right there re the smell!
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    :D I hope BIB is on next week.
    And agreed what a lot of fuss over a not great but minor matter. Shame the owner said it was her daughters old mattress, poor girl:cool:

Veronica is the next best thing.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,676
    Forum Member
    From memory, I dont think think they stayed dinner and stayed away for breakfast too....

IIRC wasn't there a Thai Restaurant in the basement, or some similar cuisine and they had the meal there - and thoroughly enjoyed it?
    They didn't go for breakfast though.

The alleged smell is a strange one Gillie as it appeared to have disappeared when they left :confused: I paid note too Jam and they definitely said it smelled as though it had been washed.
    I wonder what their mattresses are like?

Remember these are people who when their decor was criticised as old and tired, said it was only recently re-done. Who when the pool area was remarked upon, said that they should have seen it in Summer and who when the general shabbiness of the property was pointed out, said 'Give us £50,000 and we'll sort it out'
    They are one of only two couples who've refused to stay the night in a venue and one of very few who've said No to a return visit to any of the other destinations.

I'm not defending dust and dirt and yes, there are areas that could be improved, as I said before, but reader, I too have opened a fresh packet of chocolate biscuits only to find that they've been stucked together ;)

I don't think their comments have been balanced at all.
  • gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I just wonder if the other guests would have said anything about the mattress if it was on their bed. If it had been washed what was it like before it was cleaned,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    When people complain, it is never the right time to be on the end of it. I have been on both sides and can see both points of view. I think all this has been deliberately manipulated to bring about a confrontation by the programme makers. I think tomorrow will see an argument where neither side come out of it with any integrity, exactly what the programme makers require.

I meant "sorry" to disagree, nothing more, have you stopped to think what might have happened to the mattress, urine, vomit, other bodily fluids, blood, excreta?

Most people have been on the recieving end of complaints, I am unconvinced that your experience is more valid than others. I don't think you really have a point to make to defend the style of complaining, but you seem determined to try by imagining a scenario that engineered them being so rude. I am unconvinced by that also.

As for your suggestions about the mattress, most mattress' will have some of those issues to some degree or another. It could be spilled squash that was wiped over and dried 3 years ago.

I accept you think they are getting a rough time, I disgaree.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    Whatever the rights and wrongs - ooh, controversial :D which is good - Veronica and the silent assassin both 'said' the room smelt of vomit. After stripping the bed, Veronica said, paraphrasing but accurately, that 'It didn't smell, had been cleaned, but had bad staining'. Now that doesn't make sense. Think about it. She said there was a smell, stripped the bed and said the mattress did not smell, had been cleaned but had bad stains. :confused:

I pointed that out to my OH at the time and we re-ran that bit to check.

Either the mattress smelt or it did not smell. I am not entering into the Staingate part, just pointing out that there is something not right there re the smell!

I wonder if anyone will point out maybe it was they who smelt (of sheep of course ).

Have any of you B & B owners ever had smelly guests?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M@nterik wrote: »
    Veronica is the next best thing.

The next best thing to what?
    A daughter or a dog turd? :eek: :o
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Now Dogturdgate would be a gate too far :D

Your comment particularly amused me due to this true story (sorry off topic)
    My friends parents used to take in foreign students, the mum was mostly in charge. Anyway this one boy had been a bit awkward and strange from start (I think he was Iranian IIRC). He came back one day after work and after going to his room came down and said to the husband 'there's a sheet on my bed'. The hubby was a bit:confused: and just said 'yes a sheet on your bed and'.
    The boy was mad and insisted he go and look and he got up there and found a s*** on the bed:eek: this is honestly true and always makes me laugh to this day. My friends parents are really not that sort to do such a thing and think he must have made enemies at work and brought it home in his bag. Mad but true:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No-one else noticed a smell in the room so maybe it was on their clothes?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owllover wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone will point out maybe it was they who smelt (of sheep of course ).

Have any of you B & B owners ever had smelly guests?

Funnily enough... :D Just seen your post owllover. I know you prob mean on the show tomorrow. it would be good but doubt it.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I'm not defending dust and dirt and yes, there are areas that could be improved, as I said before, but reader, I too have opened a fresh packet of chocolate biscuits only to find that they've been stucked together ;) I don't think their comments have been balanced at all.

I always get at least 4 stuck together. That's normal isn't it?
    Forum Member
    Most people have been on the recieving end of complaints, I am unconvinced that your experience is more valid than others. I don't think you really have a point to make to defend the style of complaining, but you seem determined to try by imagining a scenario that engineered them being so rude. I am unconvinced by that also.

As for your suggestions about the mattress, most mattress' will have some of those issues to some degree or another. It could be spilled squash that was wiped over and dried 3 years ago.

I accept you think they are getting a rough time, I disgaree.

Thats fine, it is just that being a holiday home manager does give relevant insight that being a guest does not but I do insist on good service, clean rooms and beds and immmaculate bathrooms, if I can do it so can others. I think the personalities of the couples has overshadowed the real problems, if you like the people involved, the view of them is kinder, I dont care for either so it is a level playing field.

You shouldnt settle for mucky conditions when you pay your hard earned money however much you like your hosts.
  • OndineOndine Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    You shouldnt settle for mucky conditions when you pay your hard earned money however much you like your hosts.

Good point.
    Forum Member
    another thing, back to Ms Pickles & co, did they get those awful columns painted on the front of their property? If they bought it like that fair enough but if they spent money on it:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least the two blondes took the criticism at the time and agreed that they needed to address things.

As gillie says, perhaps a course of correct procedure is in order and i take the point about shootong the messenger but the show sets us up for that. It's not a normal way you would view your stay and conflict is the name of this game just as on CDWM and Coach Trip etc.
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..As for your suggestions about the mattress, most mattress' will have some of those issues to some degree or another. It could be spilled squash that was wiped over and dried 3 years ago. ..

When showing the matress to Paul & Tom, Karen said
    "This was my daughters, so yeah...kids pee"

On re-watching Veronica never said the matress smelt, they smelt a nasty smell, like vomit and then decided to check the matress - on seeing the state of it they decided they couldn't sleep on it. I also noticed that when Karen showed the others the matress she only pulled back to show the lower third of it - some of the worst (and brownest) stains were at the top.

I'm not sure showing the room to the two blokes really proved anything, I have a massive tolerence to dirt myself - should have got Katie up for a sniff:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...As gillie says, perhaps a course of correct procedure is in order and i take the point about shootong the messenger but the show sets us up for that. It's not a normal way you would view your stay and conflict is the name of this game just as on CDWM and Coach Trip etc.

I'll watch tomorrow and next week for completeness, but the show is morphing into something I don't really want to watch - too much about personality clashes and not enough about the actual establishments and their locale. Also think the potential damage to peoples livelyhoods is far too great now.
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    I'll watch tomorrow and next week for completeness, but the show is morphing into something I don't really want to watch - too much about personality clashes and not enough about the actual establishments and their locale. Also think the potential damage to peoples livelyhoods is far too great now.

I think you're right, I'd far rather watch the ins and outs of the places than contrived rubbish. Breakfast is still my fave bit as seems less tampered with and I like to judge the look of a good english breakfast
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow Veronica has a go at the two women and singles out one of them. She says something to the effect of having it out on the table. :eek: And she is not talking sausages.

Does anyone think she is Dutch? I detect a slight accent of that kind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ..Does anyone think she is Dutch? I detect a slight accent of that kind.

Yes that or Danish. Of course she may be dutch speaking Belgian or even Afrikaans
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been thinking the same. I wonder how many others have too? nuttytiger has stopped bothering too.

But - not quite yet. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that or Danish. Of course she may be dutch speaking Belgian or even Afrikaans

Yes, something there. Afrikaans is very harsh so prob one of the others. :)
    Forum Member
    I am cringing already thinking about tomorrow, I dont think either of the couples will come out smelling of roses, the man will stir and the young couple will sit on the fence and be reasonable.

Hope the young couple win
This discussion has been closed.