Options

Could Chris Eccleston Return?

Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After what Christopher Eccleston has been saying in recent interviews it appears he is not as bitter as he once was. If Moffat or a future show runner sat down with him and give him an offer he couldn't refuse would he come back? I can't think of anything better then Chris, David, Matt and Peter all in the same episode, maybe even throw in Paul McGann for extra sweetness. Roll on the 60th anniversary.

Comments

• Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I still don't think he'll come back. That "less bitter" aspect is simply because I think people are finally getting his outlook. He's always been very appreciative of Doctor Who fans, and very proud of the show. He's also quite happy to talk about it within the frame of his wider career, but he doesn't appreciate talking about it on its own very often - and rightly so given that it amounted to just nine months of his extensive acting career, was ten years ago, and as he said himself people focus on the negatives.

I would love more than anything to see Nine again. I don't think we will though, and I respect his decision of sticking to his principles. At a push I think be may perhaps be won over to do a small bit of audio work for Big Finish, but that's a big perhaps :)
  • Options
    Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says on imdb that he refused to appear in the 50th anniversary special because he demanded it have a certain director who was to his liking. If that's true, the guy needs extricating from his own backside. Actors stipulating directors really is a case of lunatics and the asylum.

Christopher Eccleston said that his condition on returning was that Joe Ahearne return as director. He had previously directed "Dalek", "Father's Day", "Boom Town" and "Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways", as well as Perfect Parents (2006), which Eccleston starred in. Ultimately, an agreement could not be reached.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2779318/trivia?ref_=tt_ql_2
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he would do a Big Finish audio. It's not long hours of filming and it doesn't get major coverage in the media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »
    It says on imdb that he refused to appear in the 50th anniversary special because he demanded it have a certain director who was to his liking. If that's true, the guy needs extricating from his own backside. Actors stipulating directors really is a case of lunatics and the asylum.

Christopher Eccleston said that his condition on returning was that Joe Ahearne return as director. He had previously directed "Dalek", "Father's Day", "Boom Town" and "Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways", as well as Perfect Parents (2006), which Eccleston starred in. Ultimately, an agreement could not be reached.

That's not true, Christopher said in a joke manor that if Joe agrees to direct the 100th he will return for it. I doubt he would refuse to return just because the director he wants won't be directing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Ross wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that rumour is untrue. My feeling is that Eccleston declined because he didn't want to have to play the War Doctor role, which would've gone against much of his character in series 1.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see another Eccleston bashing on the horizon.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think so, send out the SOS!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Here we go again!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Yes, the name Eccleston in a thread title acts as the Dalekbuster523signal. He slid down the Dalekbuster523pole into the Dalekbuster523cave and he's now speeding here in the Dalekbuster523mobile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the name Eccleston in a thread title acts as the Dalekbuster523signal. He slid down the Dalekbuster523pole into the Dalekbuster523cave and he's now speeding here in the Dalekbuster523mobile.
    If he's not here within 523 seconds of the thread being created, then we must send an SOS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he's not here within 523 seconds of the thread being created, then we must send an SOS.
    And we get our pizza free of charge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And we get our pizza free of charge.

Ooooh, didn't know that!

Hang on, I'll be back in a bit.

*heads to the Dalekbuster523cave to add a few more locks and bolts.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    He could return if he wanted... but he doesn't want to.
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could. But he won't. Because he's Eccleston.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's here, guys we need a safe house.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No free pizza then. :(

;-)
  • Options
    Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They guy HATES talking about DW..why would he return? lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    They guy HATES talking about DW..why would he return? lol

If people always brought up the same topic with me for over 10 years I would get pretty sick of talking about it too. Doesn't mean he wouldn't return when the time is right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No free pizza then. :(

;-)

I like pizza.
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's more chance of William Hartnell coming back.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my lifetime he was my favourite DW
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    JAS84 wrote: »
    He could return if he wanted... but he doesn't want to.

I bet he wonders "Why don't people ask me "Are you ever gonna do
    "Our Friends in the North II?!"" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    There's more chance of William Hartnell coming back.

Apart from the slight problem of him being dead.:p
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whoosh!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but there's the interview footage of him which was found a couple of years back. An elderly Ian and Susan can explain they've been zapped by a time ray which aged them. Meanwhile, the Doctor has got stuck in a time loop while going undercover at a theatre, disguised as a pantomime actor in his dressing room.