Options

The complete all-in-one curling thread.

Comments

• Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    I'm having real trouble getting the scores - all I'm getting is "server down". Another Eurocurling cock-up??
    At the very least they should have back-up, even if it's just the scores and not shot-by-shot; someone could even put them on facebook.

I am looking at

http://ecc2014.curlingevents.com/livescores

seems OK.

Switzerland also got beat, so it's going to be a dogfight kind of week, I think.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,955
    Forum Member
    I was using the curit shot-shot graphics; that's been stable all afternoon.
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking at

http://ecc2014.curlingevents.com/livescores

seems OK.

Switzerland also got beat, so it's going to be a dogfight kind of week, I think.

Ta, I'll use that tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Although his playing stats look quite average, that's a very good days work from Dave Edwards with two victories over good teams.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty good day all round for the GB teams; at risk of missing something after one day -
    (A)
    SCO W 0 - 1
    SCO M 2 - 0
    (B)
    ENG W 1 - 1
    ENG M 2 - 0 (v FRA was a walk-over)
    WAL M 1 - 0

Dunno if anyone followed the DEN/SCO game but what was Stjerne doing in the 9th? Went for a guarded draw when a blank end would probably have suited both, probably Denmark better, messed it and Edwards got the deuce. Whistler-boy missed in the 10th to give Scotland the win as well, but the damage was done. Have a look back on Curlit.

Tomorrow, it's time for the girls to wake up, and they have to, it's Latvia @ 7am our time. Wakeywakeyevie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eve back on track, SCO women beat Latvia 10-5
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More on the German fall-out
    https://twitter.com/danieladriendl (she's not holding back...)
    https://www.facebook.com/CurlingTeamDriendl?fref=nf
    and one of the comments on her facebook page (rough translation but you get the drift
    A DISGRACE to the curling, a DISGRACE to the SPIRIT OF CURLING, a shame for the DCV, a shame that there are still people approve of that something. I am myself curler and would stay at home rather than on as a way to fight a seat for me. May fail with 0 quietly points, abuse and shame. Love Dani and team, keep on fighting - more... you guys are super and will wipe spielrisch (and quite certainly human) next time fully that of the ice.

Go live in Liechentsein for a couple of years and represent them, Dani!

Meanwhile, there's a competition going on, and in the second division we can add another ENG m win against Hollands Van Dorp who did very well at the Edinburgh earlier this month. That's now 3 - 0 and arguably England's best ever win (??). Also WAL top their group after giving ROU a darned good thrashing.

Wonder if ENG got to the top group next year Radio 5 might give them a tiny mention? Nope, thought not.

Note, main website working smoothly again and thanks for reminding me of the ecc.curlit site *embarrassed face should know better*. The live streams kick in this afternoon and it's new-look Sweden v The Supermodels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brief twitter reply from Dani to one of my questions -
    Schöpp wasn't nominated due to her behavior. Sports court agreed. Civil court didn't. So we had to go home and she can play.
    Question is what's this behaviour problem? On the Scots curling forum it's suggested she's not been pulling her weight r/e coaching, but afaik it could be anything.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Brief twitter reply from Dani to one of my questions -

Question is what's this behaviour problem? On the Scots curling forum it's suggested she's not been pulling her weight r/e coaching, but afaik it could be anything.

Andrea Schopp is a former world champion - she won the trials and has pedigree.

German curling is in a mess - but its not helped by choosing supposedly nice people over the best people.

Perhaps Daniela should play better in the trials - and get there on merit?! Cos if you say the winner of the trials goes to the Europeans - and then decide to send someone else - I don't blame Andrea for taking it to court

PS The men lost to the Swiss 8-5 this morning - Eve about to play the Czechs with Andrea playing the Swiss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a playdown you then must put forward the winner. If there are any questions about a team's validity that must be sorted out before the playdown.

OK, some things can happen after; injuries, lack of funding etc - but as basics go, send the winners of the playdown.

Scot w v Cze is a bit of a stroll at the mo looking at the scores. If anyone is watching the live game on youtube - are you having problems with *ghosting* or is it just my antiquated system??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot w v Cze is a bit of a stroll at the mo looking at the scores. If anyone is watching the live game on youtube - are you having problems with *ghosting* or is it just my antiquated system??

Yes, a bit when the director changes camera. Overall the picture's good though. Looks like Russia and Finland are going to be both on 3-0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eve beats the Czechs 9-4 after 9 ends and if she'd be on her best game it would have been a bigger score and over sooner. Two really big games tomorrow against the Swiss and the unbeaten, high scoring Russians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a bit when the director changes camera. Overall the picture's good though
    I'm glad it's not just me then, wonder if that happens on SD too (I'm using 720)?
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    Eve beats the Czechs 9-4 after 9 ends and if she'd be on her best game it would have been a bigger score and over sooner. Two really big games tomorrow against the Swiss and the unbeaten, high scoring Russians.

Team Eve vs. Team Sveeep is on the web and also Eurosport tomorrow evening. Time to get the beers in :D

Wonder, though, if from now the web will be blocked? Must admit I've subbed to Eurosport for a month as hopefully my fave Richard Vaughan will be commentating rather than today's Logan Gray, who has the habit of starting a sentence, stopping half-way and never finishing it :o!! Maybe they should run a "guess what he was going to say" competition.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Horrible loss to Latvia for the Scots men. Dave Edwards only throwing 63% and managing to score in only three ends. Even with Murdoch playing lead for the last 4 ends it made no difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible loss to Latvia for the Scots men. Dave Edwards only throwing 63% and managing to score in only three ends. Even with Murdoch playing lead for the last 4 ends it made no difference.

Brewster!
    They made a good start but it fell to pieces, especially after the 5th. Totally inconsistent (100% one shot, 0% the next) and in my humble, a few bad shot choices, especially the ninth (?) when there was a gaggle in front, they could all have been removed and would have been unlucky not to leave two SCO counters, but he went for the draw and messed it up - admittedly LAT played well and their mistakes weren't pounced on.

Still, it's 2 and 2 and at the start I would have accepted that. Maybe Brewster might throw third, and drop Penney to second and try to get more consistency in setting Edwards up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brewster!
    They made a good start but it fell to pieces, especially after the 5th. Totally inconsistent (100% one shot, 0% the next) and in my humble, a few bad shot choices, especially the ninth (?) when there was a gaggle in front, they could all have been removed and would have been unlucky not to leave two SCO counters, but he went for the draw and messed it up - admittedly LAT played well and their mistakes weren't pounced on.

Still, it's 2 and 2 and at the start I would have accepted that. Maybe Brewster might throw third, and drop Penney to second and try to get more consistency in setting Edwards up?

Ha, ha...ooops, sorry :blush: ; yeah Brewster; I guess I'm too used to thinking about Murdoch sitting waiting to pounce.

Latvia played well enough, they had a couple of good doublr take-outs when they needed them, but like you say Scotland (Edwards especially) had the opportunities to pose them more problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, ha...ooops, sorry :blush: ; yeah Brewster; I guess I'm too used to thinking about Murdoch sitting waiting to pounce.

Understandable - after the last two or three years I feel that if I went upstairs to go to bed with a girl, Dave would be there in my place.......:o :D

Still, whilst he gets on with it more time to watch curling.....every silver lining....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Understandable - after the last two or three years I feel that if I went upstairs to go to bed with a girl, Dave would be there in my place.......:o :D

Still, whilst he gets on with it more time to watch curling.....every silver lining....:D

I know Murdoch is good at stealing in curling terms but stealing your women while you are in the spare room watching Andrea Schopp on Eurosport ?!

Too much info.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    I know Murdoch is good at stealing in curling terms but stealing your women while you are in the spare room watching Andrea Schopp on Eurosport ?!

Too much info.:D
    Ha!
    Think I'll pass on Andrea if it's all the same, but this afternoon's Swedish team...different story! Mind you, Ekaterina still has the sexiest pony-tail in sport. Let's admit it, we're spoiled when it comes to good looks in curling, and that's just the men....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't get through to any live scores at the moment, but it is Scotland Women 6 Switzerland 4 after 8 ends, Scotland with the hammer.

Scotland now 7-4, last end. Russia beat Latvia 10-2, so they are 4-0.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't get through to any live scores at the moment, but it is Scotland Women 6 Switzerland 4 after 8 ends, Scotland with the hammer.

Scotland up 7-4 going into the 10th so should win it.

Tough tussle between the Danes and Andrea - Andrea has a different coach to the Germans men's team and her teams names look like they are written on their shirts with a marker pen (last minute perhaps?).:D
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Eve and her team win 7-4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ecc.curlit.com is there if the website's down (has it ever been up??) although it's got Scotland 16 Switzerland 13 with three stones to play...

Now corrected to 7 - 5; 2 stones to play

Evie takes one out so that's another Scottish win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    German win here would be good for us, we'd then be clear 3rd on 3-1 with Finland and Russia on 4-0.
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    ecc.curlit.com is there if the website's down (has it ever been up??) although it's got Scotland 16 Switzerland 13 with three stones to play...

Now corrected to 7 - 5; 2 stones to play

Eurosport showed the game finished 7-4 but have now said finished 7-5